Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outcome of hibernia interview 2018

Options
  • 16-02-2018 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi...just wondering if anyone has heard back from hibernia yet? Had my interview early this week and was wondering if anyone else did and have heard? Not confident at all......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Skittlezox92

Hi...just wondering if anyone has heard back from hibernia yet? Had my interview early this week and was wondering if anyone else did and have heard? Not confident at all......

Hey there! I had my interview last Thursday and got my email Monday morning to offer me a place.

I was over the moon. Be sure to check your spam email too coz mine came through there!!

Best of luck I hope you get it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lookingfor Help

Congrats! My offer had also gone into spam!
    Am deferring until September am thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monkey tree

Hi there. I don't want to hijack your thread but could you tell me a little bit about your interview experience. The questions asked and also the Irish section. How long is the Irish part of the Interview. I am seriously considering applying for the pme for next spring. Also how do ppl usually fund it? I have heard hibernia suggest a credit union in Dublin that is INTO affiliated? Has anyone any experience of funding it through credit union loan?
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Hi there. I don't want to hijack your thread but could you tell me a little bit about your interview experience. The questions asked and also the Irish section. How long is the Irish part of the Interview. I am seriously considering applying for the pme for next spring. Also how do ppl usually fund it? I have heard hibernia suggest a credit union in Dublin that is INTO affiliated? Has anyone any experience of funding it through credit union loan?
    Regards

Hi Monkey Tree,

If you want to send me a PM, I am currently on the course and have gone down the INTO credit Union route to fund it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Skittlezox92

Hi Monkey Tree,

It all happened so fast it was over before I had a chance to think. 30 minutes really goes by so fast. The english part is 20minutes long and the irish is 10minutes, and you get the option as to what you want first- I opted for english just to get it out of the way.

My english interview was based very much around my relevant experience of working with children, and my extra curricular activities (I teach drama to primary children).. so i will say whatever you put in your application is very relevant and you will be asked so know your form inside out. I was asked what qualities could I bring to the classroom, how comfortable was I delivering presentations to large groups of people, and my experience of technology.

The irish was very basic, what were my interests, what did i study in college for my undergrad, the subjects I studied, what did i do at the weekend, what was I going doing after my interview, what would I do if I won the lotto.. all very easy questions. The trick is to get your conversational Irish up to a standard where you are comfortable speaking it as they very much try to see if you are able to jump tenses etc.

They are not there to catch you and will try very much to help you. My experience was pleasant, but it's just so difficult to know if you've given the panel exactly what their looking for if that makes sense?

In terms of funding the course, Im a member of my local credit union and they had no problem giving me a student loan.

Hope this all helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Lookingfor Help

Regards

Hi monkey tree

I was really disappointed leaving the interview so was pleasantly surprised to get it.
    I had started studying irish again last October and really recommend the day course in and you also get access to ranganna.com which I found a great help.
    I have young kids/infant so will not be able to work beyond the first few months I don't think so funding is a combination of savings and a post graduate loan (BOI also offer loan at the same interest rate and as far as I know you may not need a guarantor I'm not sure on this point though)

Very very best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kerry Way

Hi Monkey Tree,

If you want to send me a PM, I am currently on the course and have gone down the INTO credit Union route to fund it :)

Hi just wondering if you mind if I PM you about the loan route please as currently trying to stop it out but don't know if I will have it sorted before the payment is due! Thanks

Advertisement