Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Custom shelves for closet

Options
  • 18-07-2019 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have a wall-mounted closet which is nearly empty (just one shelf in the middle) and I would like to add 4 more shelves to it.

I have been trying to find some shelving unit or bookcase from Ikea or Argos that I can just put inside the closet, but the dimensions are very different (they are normally much wider than deep) so I would not make a good use of the space.

Is there any place around Dublin (city centre if possible) where I can give exact measures and get some wood cut? I could then find some supports and screw them inside the closet.

I would need the size to be 45.5 x 56.5 cm. The closet is ivory colour, so either ivory, cream or white would fit.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Just make a complete carcase with shelving, and drop it into the ope.

job done.

B and q offer a cutting service.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

Woodworkers in Terenure will cut too - they're in Dublin 6 (West).

http://www.woodworkers.ie/

Advertisement