Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Could she be pregnant?

Options
  • 07-06-2019 6:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was with a lady Saturday evening. Had sex but I didn't think I'd done anything risky enough to get her pregnant.

Got a text from her on Wed evening to say she was 4 days late.

A few messages exchanged and she got quite antagonistic leaving it saying she didn't know if she'd go through with it, how she'd deal with it and that I'd been unhelpful (even though I thought I'd been helpful in the context).

Could it be possible she got pregnant?

What should I do next?. How soon could she get an accurate test?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

Hi,

Was with a lady Saturday evening. Had sex but I didn't think I'd done anything risky enough to get her pregnant.

A few messages exchanged and she got quite antagonistic leaving it saying she didn't know if she'd go through with it, how she'd deal with it and that I'd been unhelpful (even though I thought I'd been helpful in the context).

Thanks

Highly doubt it.

The menstrual cycle is 28 days on average. And her cycle sounds quite regular.

She is 4 days late and you had sex 5 days ago.

Assuming that was the only time you had sex with her, it was on day 27 for her cycle.

You ovulate around day 14, give or take a few days. Sperm can also survive a couple days, so having sex between days 10 and 17 is riskiest.

By the time day 27 rolled around, the egg was already shrivilled up and was leaving the uterus with all the uterine lining that helps nourish the egg. Furthermore her hormone levels would be dropping precipitously which means a fertilized egg would not survive.

Also, her behaviour is concerning. It sounds like she is guilt tripping you.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭hickory

Hi,

Thanks

Do u mean last Saturday? Cause if she is 4 days late on Wednesday then she expected it on Sunday. Highly unlikely if she is pregnant it's yours. Wrong timing. Usually (not always) the window for getting pregnant would have been 10 to 18 days before last Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Both if you missed biology lessons then? ;)

If she was 4 days late on Wednesday, that means her period was due Saturday or Sunday.

In order to be pregnant, the sperm would have to met the egg 14 days previously, at ovulation time.

Did you also have sex with her 2 or 3 weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Thanks all

No first time with her on Sat.

On Wed evening she said she was 4 days late.

4 days back would have been the Sat (we'd sex that evening)

Yes I am not great at biology.

What should I do next? Communicate or not? No messages since Wed evening.

pwurple wrote: »
    Both if you missed biology lessons then? ;)

If she was 4 days late on Wednesday, that means her period was due Saturday or Sunday.

In order to be pregnant, the sperm would have to met the egg 14 days previously, at ovulation time.

Did you also have sex with her 2 or 3 weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

She might be, but it would be from a different man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Would recommend you get STD tested, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Bunny boiler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

OP, it would be virtually impossible for her to be pregnant THIS MONTH with your baby, but if you had unprotected sex there is always going to be a chance. Even if it was for a couple of seconds and even if you didn't ejaculate. Please read up (not on Boards, use an actual medical website) on pregnancy, the menstruation cycle and sexually transmitted infections. Use this as a lesson to make sure you don't make the same mistake again. This girl is either as inexperienced as you or knows she is pregnant for someone else and is trying to blame you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Should I follow up with her or just stay quiet?

She is probably keeping you in her life in a twisted way. I’m guessing it’s a phantom pregnancy. If she is rough around the edges it could be a ploy to get some money out of her. Stay well clear of her would be my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Should I follow up with her or just stay quiet?

Do you enjoy drama?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Didn't think you'd done anything risky enough for her to get pregnant but "not great" enough at biology that you're confused about whether she could be pregnant. Put a condom on before you go near anyone's bits if it's that confusing for you and educate yourself a bit.

It would be extremely unlikely that she is pregnant by you but not impossible. I would say she's looking for attention from you. But it's kind of bizarre she wouldn't wait a couple of weeks.

Either she's proper nuts, or trying to get you on the hook for another guy's kid, or you're the most fertile people in the world.

She could be even on the pill or some other contraceptive and is just playing with you, thinking she will make you a big jigsaw piece in your life.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Could this be a shakedown for money for a termination?

I'm not going to castigate you for not knowing the specifics of an ovulatory cycle as it's something that even a fair few women would have to have a think about. But if you have any sort of sexual contact without a condom, even if you don't come, (precum contains sperm too) there is a small risk of pregnancy. So condom correctly put on before genital contact is the only way to be sure -that you should know.

Basically ovulation occurs usually 14 days before the first day of a period, no matter how long her cycles might be. So if her period was due on Sunday, having sex the day before is highly unlikely to result in pregnancy.

If you've not heard anything from her in the last few days then she probably got her period and is feeling too stupid for panicking to let you know. Probably best to not hook up with her again given her OTT and antagonistic texts though.

Advertisement