Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Well fuck...

DpI-sS1zn3B2X_7A1hNJZJh22pGUw4vGllIDop20G5i1FhLh1GE0YoBHtC8FQf61UPf2wTOWmnt0pF6NBhouaqFIulZdEQ6SKupGm_dEMd-uTMGxz1PKJ_hIXcuFGRT-WaW_xIEP5IDs9U4JUu8qm9N6u126DaVKrvWddQXuT9RAt3db7TCXHDsVIULbS5Q0s20E48Ag2opluBf4C5rrjXtvv153y9zRRqEkzCA0DnRsSg1MYl3j2ACQ0X3utwQho1s38RkP2Rj60ncBdKdA95oZfq-NaGYgwwwQpC26-GgrUeQl5gS0EYdSQiluVjcTlAMn8mbLEYS29B1xJGCqlIGP9yFt7UF1dumEOr5eiCweoS7a-saa1kNNhyUSkW3iKsK_2xrq5hywnvoCa0uzuVUXMyc4gOLWEpvEZD99tITTKeaEePpqOWDnEOU-OLfr7TBbjoBDBTkxuNuwd6mVAnq9kI_RCTygWivkb6ZhEQy_JcCmO9zAT9Ciysv1V3fQtQnm9NvIECk6Np95xTcaFHemGasOfDTyQuMuJ77boruJsYVm5jfEVPr83SjCjIfgG-Vr=w412-h731-no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

How did that happen? Do you have windscreen cover?

Stone hit the windscreen just at the top, the crack ran right down by the sensor/mirror mount, have windscreen cover, balls though, hope the rain sensor doesn't complicate things...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The gel in which the rain sensor sits has to be replaced before it will work properly again. Can't just remove the mirror/sensor and refit. All the old gel has to be removed and new gel put in.

I could be wrong but I think Autoglass can fill that crack and negate the need for a full replacement.

The gel in which the rain sensor sits has to be replaced before it will work properly again. Can't just remove the mirror/sensor and refit. All the old gel has to be removed and new gel put in.

I could be wrong but I think Autoglass can fill that crack and negate the need for a full replacement.

The crack is easily 12 inches long. Not sure if autoglass can sort that tbh.

Gonna check it with a Honda dealer first before organising the replacement though the insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭JoeA3

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah they supposedly replaced the gel with the screen, and again when I complained. Wasn't bothered chasing empty promises. Still works, but on the odd occasion it will decide a drop of water is a monsoon.

Your screen / sensor wasn't replaced properly then. I've had two done by Autoglass and perfect each time, I'd never have been able to tell it was done and the rain sensor worked and looked exactly as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've had a few windscreens replaced that had rain sensors, never had an issue with the rain sensor after they were replaced. Once it's done properly then it should work like before.

rizzodun wrote: »
    Well fuck...

Am I the only one not able to see this? I just get a grey censored kinda icon :(
    dudara wrote: »
    Very smooth, but agile & responsive.

@Ethan Large Veil - you can tag in here if you want ;)

Oh, anytime ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I can't see a pic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

No pic for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I never posted in this thread before, so as I found some older pictures from various rallies in Poland, I though I post them here.

Cinquecento was my first car - I absolutely loved it. Pictures from around 2002.
    Mazda pictures from 2012 afair.

378348.jpg

378349.jpg

378350.jpg

378351.jpg

378352.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Few pics here of my previous daily, my latest daily and my project!

The previous runaround was a little red Corolla which I used to call the "Cork teenagers wet dream". Bright red hatchback Corolla, a mighty 4E-FE engine and the all important Cork reg, complete with nasty alloys. Not being the biggest fan of Japanese cars I bought it as a cheap daily hack which to be fair didn't cost me a penny and kinda felt like an old pair of slippers by the end of my somewhat brief ownership.

12669971_10206994504435275_1949903753_o_zpsxkiasleh.jpg

Most recently acquired is a 318is which I have to say I really enjoy driving. Bought this with a full stamped main dealer history, completely original right down to the original floor mats, it's a rare un-drifted version...I think :P Needs a bit of tidying: new reg plates, needs bonnet replaced due to a strange bit of isolated corrosion, bit of paintless dent removal perhaps but it's a honest car. The colour is steel blue and the interior is also blue leather which is rare enough. I've had it a month and have given it fresh oil and filters all round, new rear brake pipes, wheel alignment and a new thermostat plus coolant flush. Not to mention road tax :o

IMG_20160110_154121_zpskmxyydwp.jpg
    IMG_20160110_154053_zpsqlrydqf7.jpg
    IMG_20160110_152843_zps1foxafv4.jpg

And my project is long term. I've owned this car almost a year and it is currently undergoing a bout of rust prevention treatment as it is relatively solid! Only requires a patch in an arch.

It is a completely original Vauxhall Cavalier SRi with a C20XE engine. Been off the road a decade now and needs a good overhaul of brakes/suspension etc. but is a good runner and solid where it counts luckily enough! Eventually will receive a full respray.

IMG_20150427_220317_zpsh6rr18el.jpg
    IMG_20150718_143149_zpsd95hyzca.jpg
    IMG_20150708_210644_zpsinokrgym.jpg
    IMG_20151017_160107_zps3kmt6sq7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Changed the interior lights and footwell lights to led today should have done it ages ago! Thanks to vectra for the bulbs!
    image_zpsli7obisg.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

That car of yours looks familiar. .:)

IMG_20160221_144453_1.jpg

Done a bit of cleaning today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Love the Cavalier, do keep us updated on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Love the E36 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Finally have some decent pictures of the new wheels, not to everyones taste but I love them and they transform the car, get to keep it OE too!

IMG_20160222_091545_zpsko4g9pri.jpg

IMG_20160222_091556_zpswr0pcm0j.jpg

IMG_20160222_091608_zpschkumi65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looking good Norman. Paint looks flawless on the car as well. And even more so when you consider it's age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Looking good Norman. Paint looks flawless on the car as well. And even more so when you consider it's age.

Sound, it's in pretty good nick alright, going to get the rear quarter and bumper done and sort the front bumper too in the next month or so hopefully and she'll be back to her former glory :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

image.jpg

I don't normally listen so Spin before anyone says! Just it's the only station that doesn't have news on the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

That's odd because when I bought the Avensis of you Spin was preset throughout the memory. ..:confused:

:D

I'm amazed the battery was strong enough to store stations...

You'll note the little "A Sel" icon over the name, which just means the radio did it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I always listen to spin sw when I can, food for the tunes. I do be in and out of its frequency path, so have to change about a bit.

One of the few things I miss about Dublin, having a choice of radio stations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I always listen to spin sw when I can, food for the tunes. I do be in and out of its frequency path, so have to change about a bit.

Spin sw has a lot of good music for younger people so i'd listen often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I'd rather not have to listen to that dirty Dublin accent on a constant basis :pac:

What do we have, fm104, classic hits? That's all I know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

I'd rather not have to listen to that dirty Dublin accent on a constant basis :pac:

What do we have, fm104, classic hits? That's all I know.....

Sound!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Travel a bit with work. In Dublin and satellites I listen to TXFM or Nova. Outside their reach the only station I entertain is Today FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Find myself listening to Q102 and 4FM more and more recently. Still listen to 98FM, FM104 and Spin a fair bit too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement