Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old Cavalry Photos

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Thanks for sharing those!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Great Pics.

Health and safety has alot to answer for :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I know, right? Ruining all the fun :(

I kid, I kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

I was made jump down grids

without reins and stirrups

in short/jockey length stirrups without reins ,

do round the world in canter

and full and half scissors.

All these in the days of no back protectors.

We also did some vaulting .

When I think of some of the stuff we were put through I dont know how I did it..

And those cross country fences remind me of what Punchestown X-Country was like back in the day of real eventing:). Huge scarey fences that were frightening to walk up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Esroh wrote: »
    I was made jump down grids

without reins and stirrups

in short/jockey length stirrups without reins ,

do round the world in canter

and full and half scissors.

All these in the days of no back protectors.

We also did some vaulting .

When I think of some of the stuff we were put through I dont know how I did it..

And those cross country fences remind me of what Punchestown X-Country was like back in the day of real eventing:). Huge scarey fences that were frightening to walk up to.

This is really interesting to me. I always knew dressage came from Cavalry. But i never knew the other kind of riding skills or tactics.

I wonder what a battle would have looked like!?

Around the worlds in canter would have looked like those cossack riders doing trick riding!

• Advertisement
Advertisement