Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Everything Pink Floyd.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do Brit Floyd have a licencing arrangement with the Floyd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Really enjoyed the show - absolutely note-perfect versions of all the chosen album sides. On balance, I prefer the embellishments/extended versions as performed on the original pulse tour, so it would have been nice to see them improvise a little (particularly the division bell material, where the studio solos are pretty miserable).

Couldn't fault it otherwise - sound was perfect, light show was spectacular, and looking forward to seeing them again. Got to meet them after the show too, all really sound. Special mention for the singer who performed the great gig in the sky - best I've heard, recorded or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭eoinkoenig

I love the song "Comfortably Numb" in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

rednik wrote: »

Yep, fantastic news.

And with Crosby & Nash onboard, hopefully there will be more like this

gorgeous solo :)

• Advertisement

big b wrote: »
    Yep, fantastic news.

Unfortunately No Rick, RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

big b wrote: »
    Yep, fantastic news.

The Blue was one of my favourite tracks off On An Island. Really nice blend of voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Long time listener, first time caller..

Any love for the division bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Funny you mention it, I just listened to it twice this week.
    I enjoy it, its a different phase of their life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Yep. Lotsa love. Lyrics are a bit stilted, but the soundscapes are gorgeous.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

endacl wrote: »
    Yep. Lotsa love. Lyrics are a bit stilted, but the soundscapes are gorgeous.

A lot of the lyrics were co written between David and his wife polly, who's a novelist. Which Probably explains some of the awkwardness in the lyrics.
    That being said, high hopes is brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

High Hopes....... my favourite Floyd song ever :)
    Because it's such a slow song, I usually avoid listening to it as I don't have the patience... so on occasion I forget how good it actually is!!

A lot of people say that when Waters left, the band were never as good, but I think that 'High Hopes' and 'Coming back to life' are among the best Pink Floyd songs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Looks like the new Gilmour album is a new Pink Floyd album from material they were working on around the time Division Bell was recorded. It is possible that Roger may have a little input into this.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/new-pink-floyd-album-the-endless-river-due-october-2014

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/

Heard about this a couple of weeks ago, its quite exciting to see Dave up to something, even faint whispers of a tour.
    Fingers and Toes crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sounds like a side project that is being turned into a phony Floyd album for the sake of money. Should just be released as The Big Spliff.

Sounds like a side project that is being turned into a phony Floyd album for the sake of money. Should just be released as The Big Spliff.

I don't think Dave, Nick or Roger are short of a few bob for them to do anything just for that reason.

It's Official

Pink Floyd have confirmed that they will release a new album, entitled The Endless River.

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/news/
    7 July 2014'
    THE ENDLESS RIVER'
    Pink Floyd can confirm that they are releasing a new album, The Endless River, in October 2014. It is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions which feature David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright. The album is produced by David Gilmour with Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson. Work is still in progress, but more details to come at the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Im presuming that this wont tour due to the nature of the album being mainly instrumental. Its more likely to feature in a Gilmour tour if he releases a solo project. Cant wait to hear this. The Division Bell is one of my favourites, my dad played it all the time.

• Advertisement

macpac26 wrote: »
    Im presuming that this wont tour due to the nature of the album being mainly instrumental. Its more likely to feature in a Gilmour tour if he releases a solo project. Cant wait to hear this. The Division Bell is one of my favourites, my dad played it all the time.

Its a double treat of Pink Floyd news.

As well as the announcement of the new P.F. album for later this year. David is also working on a solo album for release in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Fantastic news!!!!!

High Hopes....... my favourite Floyd song ever :)

My favourite PF song as well from my favourite PF album,The Division Bell!
    What was the High Hopes video all about,though?

rednik wrote: »
    Looks like the new Gilmour album is a new Pink Floyd album from material they were working on around the time Division Bell was recorded. It is possible that Roger may have a little input into this.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/new-pink-floyd-album-the-endless-river-due-october-2014

I doubt Roger will be involved as the Division Bell was years after he left PF!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I doubt Roger will be involved as the Division Bell was years after he left PF!

Read earlier it's a big NO not happening on that one. Ah well...wishful thinking.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Read earlier it's a big NO not happening on that one. Ah well...wishful thinking.

Well,he wasn't involved in the original Division Bell sessions so I can understand why he would have no involvement in this new 'Division Bell' spin off. If they were releasing completely new material then we would hope for Waters input!

He probably wouldn't want to be involved with it, I don't think he was impressed that Polly was involved with some of the writing on the D.B.

Roger's The Wall is being premiered in Toronto, hopefully an announcement of a DVD/Blu ray release will be made soon.

3FA013AF96E84764B9DED8D32E2B28B6-0000362898-0003640675-00500L-B046C56C12ED4BEABEE64D5AE9E77D1C.jpg

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/roger-waters-the-wall-live-film-2014-film-premiere

Hard to believe it is six years since Rick passed away, RIP

• Advertisement

This is the official cover for the new album The Endless River which will be released on the 10th November.

7EAFE1D768E2425B96F8F72CC96FDEA7-0000362898-0003673245-00500L-212C67935F574856BFD186FFD56A3497.jpg

http://www.pinkfloyd.com/theendlessriver/

Advertisement