Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

• 20-07-2009 2:12pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Welcome to the new rehoming thread.

This thread is for once off rehoming of your own pets or offspring of your own pets.

This thread is not to be used by agencies for advertising or rehoming of animals they have available for rehoming.

So for example your cat has kittens and you want to rehome them then this thread is for you.

Now for a couple of rules.

Firstly once off rehoming requests only--If we see a user advertising rehomes on an ongoing basis then we will assume you are a Rehoming Agency.The decision as to whether you are a Rehoming Agency is at the Mods discretion and no arguments will be entertained.

Secondly if you continue to post in this thread after us assuming that you are an Agency then you will be banned for a period of one month.Continued abuse of this will result in a permanent ban from this forum.

Finally:The normal rules of the Forum apply here as well so we suggest that you read them before posting here.

Finally #2: If you find a dog, it is your legal obligation to contact the guards or the dog warden to let them know you have found it.
    You then have two options:
    1. Bring it to the pound. If not reclaimed, the dog can be rehomed after 5 days with no comeback by the owner.
    2. Keep it yourself. In this instance, the legal owners have a full 366 days from the day you report the dog as found within which they can rightfully reclaim their dog.
    This also means that if you rehome a dog you find, you MUST tell the new people that there is a chance they might not be able to keep the dog, because the dog does not legally become theirs until 366 days has passed since you reported it to the guards/dog warden.

Disclaimer: Boards.ie will not be held responsible for anything that goes wrong with a Rehome that has been initiated through this forum.Once the initial contact has taken place then Boards.ie has nothing more to do with the issue.

The rules of this thread are subject to change at any time at the Mods discretion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pastry

Hope I have this in the right section. We have a 4yr old collie dog, currently works with sheep. Black,white and brown in colour and a very nice looking dog. However we need to rehome him as we feel he is not good with very young children and needs a new home with older children or adults. He is a friendly dog and loves to play ball when not working. He does work well with sheep so maybe someone on a farm would be interested.
    Just wondering if anyone could offer him a new home.
    Based in Monasterevin, Kildare.Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Roxic

Hi everyone!

We have three adorable kittens who have been reared indoors since they were born 9 weeks ago. 2 females and 1 male.

They are already litter trained.

They have been wormed and have no flees or other ailments. They are very healthy and playful and will make excellent pets to some lucky families.

We would like to find new homes where they will be loved and cared for as part of the family as their mother is in our home.

We are based in Mayo but are happy to travel to bring them to the right home.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 waterfordcraft

Hi I'm new to this site so I hope I've put this in the correct place.
    I'm living in Co. Waterford and I have 5 kittens which are 4 weeks old. They are still feeding from Mum and I need to find homes for them. Two are ginger and smoke, one is smoke and really fluffy and two are black and really fluffy. Thankfully Mum is so gentle and loves being rubbed and attention and they have taken on her temprement. My three year old gets on great with them, he loves rubbing them. We cant keep them and their Mum and Aunt and her three, so we have to find homes for them. Thanks, hope someone will be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

I'd be interested in the fluffy smoke....any idea if it's male or female? Have you any pics of the litter?

I'd be interested in the fluffy smoke....any idea if it's male or female? Have you any pics of the litter?
    I'll take some photos and figure out how to upload them I'll reply again later. hope they don't mind having their photos taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

2 black and 1 black and white kittens. will be ready to be homed in about 7 weeks.
    Also a black, a tortie and a black and white ready to go now. these babies are litter trained and wormed and flead.

Only experienced pet owners please. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sparkyjo

i rescued a kitten off the road a couple of weeks ago he is a lovely little thing but i don't have the time to look after

when i found him i thought he was on the way out so i brought it to the vet and was told he was starved and had cat flu so she was going to put him down cause she didn't think he'd make it so i said i would take him home and see if i could get him healty so within 2 weeks i had him de-flued and and wormed and now he is really happy and bouncy

he always uses his litter tray now and has been in the house ever since we took him in except for when i'm with him

he's black and white

so i am looking for someone who has a lot of time and really loves cats

and he has his own bed, litter tray and a couple of toys

I have the photos on my pc but how do I send them to you?

If you could attach them to an email and send them to socket_hen@yahoo.co.uk that would be great, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

@ Waterfordcraft
    To add pictures to your post click edit post or just reply for new post, just above the little box you type message in there are 2 rows of icons, the little paperclip attaches files. A small window will open, click chose file- this should open your picture folder, click on the pic you want and choose then the upload button.
    Everyone can see them by clicking on them in your post.

Sorry socket cross posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Dee_animallover

Hi

I have the most beautiful, very friendly, playful, energetic kitten looking for a loving home ASAP. I picked him up off a busy road 2 weeks ago but unfortuantly I have 2 other cats and one of them doesnt get along with him. She has stopped coming into the house and hasnt been eating much since the new arrival (very nervous). I have to put her first as I have her nearly 2 years now. I had intented to keep him so he is flead, wormed and vaccinated. He is approx 10 weeks old. I've called him Billy. I'm in Athlone but can travel. Serious Cat lovers only please!
    Here's some pics:
    Pic3-1.jpg

Pic1-1.jpg

Pic2-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Hi i have a 9week old male B&W kitten lookin for a new home.

If you could attach them to an email and send them to socket_hen@yahoo.co.uk that would be great, cheers.
    i've emailed the photos to the email address but i still cant add them to a reply here. the only icons above this box are; text formating, bold,italic, underline, font, insert link, insert image (which only kicks me out when i click it) and wrap. Should i have another icon? If so how do i turn it on? Thanks,

i've emailed the photos to the email address but i still cant add them to a reply here. the only icons above this box are; text formating, bold,italic, underline, font, insert link, insert image (which only kicks me out when i click it) and wrap. Should i have another icon? If so how do i turn it on? Thanks,
    just found all the other icons i was missing. i'm giving up on trying to upload the photos if anyone wants them i'll email them to them,, that bit i can do. hope that's ok.

i've emailed the photos to the email address
    Thanks. I haven't received your email though.... just to make sure, it's: socket_henATyahoo.co.uk

To add pictures - upload them to photobucket (or similar) and then click the little "share" icon above your photo and then click on "Get link Code" - go down to "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" and click into the box to highlight code and then copy and paste into your post! Preview the post and if it worked you should see your pic!
    You can resize the pic also as they come out very big!

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

SDC10492.jpg

SDC10490-1.jpg

SDC10488-1.jpg

These little darlings are ready for rehoming, were in longford/roscommon area, pm me for more details...

Hi

I have the most beautiful, very friendly, playful, energetic kitten looking for a loving home ASAP. I picked him up off a busy road 2 weeks ago but unfortuantly I have 2 other cats and one of them doesnt get along with him. She has stopped coming into the house and hasnt been eating much since the new arrival (very nervous). I have to put her first as I have her nearly 2 years now. I had intented to keep him so he is flead, wormed and vaccinated. He is approx 10 weeks old. I've called him Billy. I'm in Athlone but can travel. Serious Cat lovers only please!

UPDATE - keeping him as things have improved with my other cat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cf4

*post deleted by me*

problems resolved

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Muffin is an approx. ten week old female kitten, she was found in the middle of town on the road and was nearly hit by a car, she was starving and covered in fleas. She is a very friendly kitten and loves to be cuddled and is also very playful.

Muffin has had a rough start and is looking for a home where she will be doted on and spoiled, We would like her to go to an indoor only home if in a busy area but will settle for an indoor home with access to the outdoors if in a rural area. She is perfectly litter trained and has never had an accident.

She has been wormed and treated for fleas, owners will need to take her for vaccinations as soon as they get her and she must be spayed by 5-6 months. Muffin comes with a 'Caring for you kitten' booklet, her 'Record Chart' and her toys. New owners can change her name.
    GEDC3437.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Neilers80

Hey there,

I have a Yellow Belly Turtle and id like to find it a new home. Ideally with someone who already has turtles.

Its a very happy lively and playfull turtle - always pushing around his stones at the bottom of his tank, diving off his platform and climbing up the purifier and playing with the water coming out. She loves getting of the tank for a wander too and is usually very hard to find afterwards and covered in dust looking like tumbleweed...

Im going travelling later in the year and she needs a new tank as she's is too big for the one she is in. She is about the size of a hand!

Sparkles really is a great pet...

Please contact me for pictures but ill post some later also.

Thanks,

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

hey a kitten was found about ten weeks old tabby ginger friendly no fleas male if any body could find a place in their heart and home for this guy please pm her or let me know :)

He looks exactly like this kitten from post 18

SDC10488-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I’m looking for a home for Gingko. Setter/Spaniel cross though mainly setter. Approx one year old, neutered and chipped. We rehomed him when he was about 7 months old, but at this stage its clear that Gingko can never be trusted with our hens and we are not meeting his needs and he’s not meeting ours.
    This thread sums him up quite well, though he shows plenty signs of intelligence and has a good memory.

Wonderful temperament, though still being a pup, quite excitable and can play a little rough with paws. He is quite good on lead, particularly with harness and knows basic commands. Sit, lie down, stay and come including to whistle, but once his nose is locked unto a scent he can become very deaf!
    He has not lived in house, but I think he would take to it quite quickly. Before coming to us, he was with others dogs for a week without issue.

His needs are a good run for an hour or 2 each day. A walk on a lead is not near enough. Plenty things to chew! A secure garden/property and love. He doesn't seem to need a lot, but he repays many times. No one is a stranger, so useless as a watch dog!

I will go through the 2 issues we currently have with him. The hens. Fairly self explanatory. His hunting instinct is very strong. He’ll pick up a scent of a pheasant from 40m and will be totally focused on this and blocks off every thing else around him. He knows the hens are to be left alone, but he is possessed with this instinct and this takes over. For this reason he needs to be restrained while the hens are out.

When he is loose he is roaming 500m and more from home. Well out of earshot and within reach of neighbours house and road. He doesn’t come for a walk or run with us, but goes off and does his own thing seeking pheasants. He usually “checks in” every 10 or 15 minutes.

I don’t know what he does when he catches prey except from experience with fox cub, which he picked up and shook after my arrival. He adores eating feathers!

I believe this habit of roaming would be far less an issue if he wasn’t restrained while hens are about.

We are in Wicklow.

3CA115D0193C437686885F6B122762F0-800.jpg
    C2077C793957414899CB537EA4B5BC71-800.jpg
    CADACF884A1041D7BE05A93BDBA7B50D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Johndman

Hi guys

Im looking for a ginger kitten,its difficult to find one.My girlfriend has wanted one for a long time and its our anniversary coming up so i have decided to get her one,our anniversary is Thursday so i would be willing to travel asap

Lizard Queen (a few posts up) has one.....maybe PM her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Johndman - if you pm lizard queen -- she appears to have a ginger tabby? (if you look a few posts up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Johndman

pm sent,im looking for the closest possible to cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

Johndman wrote: »
    pm sent,im looking for the closest possible to cork

Johndman found a cat in Cork unfortunately :(

The cat's still available. He needs a home urgently, I've rang around everywhere and no one can take him

This is a picture of the little fella
    e2owd74h5gs9fvszp7r5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tiggywiggs

Hi
    I have one male kitten tabby and white who needs a new home.
    PM me if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Have a beautiful white kitten,looking for a kind home. She is approx 14 weeks old. She was thrown from a car in a busy shopping centre. I have had her for 3 weeks now, unfortunately my older male cat is fighting with her all the time. :(

She is full of love. Very playful and really likes snoozing on the couch with anyone who sits with her. Think she would be a briliant family pet as she is great with being handled. Also be very entertaining for anyone living alone looking for some company.

She's been brought to the vet, wormed and treated for fleas. The only aliment she has is a hernia,which she probably got from being thrown out of the car. The vet says that it doesn't need to be operated on yet,and may never need to be. But its important to keep in mind that if it begins to effect her then it will require an operation.

So check out the pictures as she is adorable. She didnt have a good start to life and looking for someone who can change all that for her!! ;)

Advertisement