Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I miss living in galway, the govindas stand, evergreen, the curry stand, the crepe stand...there is a pattern emerging. :D

Galway really needs a proper vegetarian restaurant. Did you ever try the Budding Café on Sea Road? It's a florist aswell... I went in with my friend but it was too expensive so we left. Not sure if it was always vegetarian...
    Evergreen is too expensive, Healthwise is better! Much smaller though...
    Aoifums wrote: »
    Nope, no soy in it at all!

And it's organic and (mostly) fairtrade!

They sell it in most Nourishes over here.

Ah, that's interesting... Not familiar with Nourish, a Dublin premises I presume?
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    I might be moving to Galway. I cant remember if I liked living there really.
    I'd like to be in Dublin, but it doesnt seem to be about to work out for me.

Doniescribbles...it just takes time to adjust to soyamilk. Pick one and stick to it for a while.
    I love Donnie btw....he looks like he has a black heart :D

I'd say Galway over Dublin, but that's probably just because I'm from there! Very little work there now though, and it'll be quietening down after next weekend once race week is over (Very glad to be missing it this year :eek:)
    I actually really like Soya Milk, drink it all the time, in chocolate though it doesn't appeal to me, tastes like peanut butter!
    Hee hee, Donnie does have a dark side, he is quick with his claws, I have the scars to prove it!
    I'll add my piece now that i'm feeling alright and say hi and welcome to the greener side of the Boards Cathy:) We are all nice people here but Moonbaby, although seemingly harmless:pac:tends to like evil things too so i'm not quite sure what you can make of her yet;)

Hope you enjoy the time spent in here:)

Ha ha, thanks for the welcome :D

Oh, and here is my introductory picture, ha ha...
    3757702844_d578819f3a.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

2ednsiw.jpg

Tar for nearly the last yeatr since I joined boards I thought you were a lesbian, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Ha! He brought it on himself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Galway really needs a proper vegetarian restaurant. Did you ever try the Budding Café on Sea Road? It's a florist aswell... I went in with my friend but it was too expensive so we left. Not sure if it was always vegetarian...
    Evergreen is too expensive, Healthwise is better! Much smaller though...
    Never tried it or heard of it. :)
    If healthwise was bigger it ouwld be cool, but poor choice as it's small.

Ah, that's interesting... Not familiar with Nourish, a Dublin premises I presume?
    Yep.

Ha ha, thanks for the welcome :D

Oh, and here is my introductory picture, ha ha...
    3757702844_d578819f3a.jpg?v=0
    You look like a camera I know!

2ednsiw.jpg

Tar for nearly the last yeatr since I joined boards I thought you were a lesbian, sorry!
    That's ok, at boards beers for years people were expecting a lesbian. I even got a girl to go as me before, in corset, boots, black eyeshadow and so on. haha

Ha! He brought it on himself.
    Only way i could keep girls from stalking me. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Mateo Delicious Dolt

Am I the only one who never thought Tar was a girl?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A few others thought I would be a 40 year old man that always wore a suit and would have a briefcase on him at all times haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

To begin with I thought you were female, then male, then female again and well, now I know!

Why do you do it? Just for funnsies? Wish I'd thought of that to do at the start :p

To begin with I thought you were female, then male, then female again and well, now I know!

Why do you do it? Just for funnsies? Wish I'd thought of that to do at the start :p

Unless I'm just putting up a brothers photos? *girly laugh*

It has been funny over the years to see the threads started 'Is Tar.Aldarion a girl??? guy? robot?' or 'which boards member do you fancy and guys saying me. Few funny PMs i've gotten as well :P

No but I did think he was a ginger. :o

Cocoa....There used to be a great veggie restaurent beside NUIG. AN Ghabhar Orga.
    But it was a hippy co-operative and they went all Lord of Flies.
    Or at least that is what I am going to believe. :P

No need to abuse me!

I suppose you just thought I was your ideal ginger man, arms like tree trunks, and so on. :p

Don't know that place beside nuig but im dozy like that.

• Advertisement

No need to abuse me!

I suppose you just thought I was your ideal ginger man, arms like tree trunks, and so on. :p

Don't know that place beside nuig but im dozy like that.

Um no. Not at all.

.....I was hell bent on converting homosapiens back then.

It is gone forever.
    I miss it.

C'est moi.

picture.php?albumid=155&pictureid=3492

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Me drinking some (possibly vegan friendly) champagne on my birthday

Ah your hair is a lovely colour, don't tell anybody I said that, I have a ginger hating persona to keep up.:P

Hilarious pic, everybody is like 5 apart from you, going for mad out of it fun on the teacups.

tman wrote: »
    Me drinking some (possibly vegan friendly) champagne on my birthday

How could anybody not want tmans sexy babies. :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Unless I'm just putting up a brothers photos? *girly laugh*

It has been funny over the years to see the threads started 'Is Tar.Aldarion a girl??? guy? robot?' or 'which boards member do you fancy and guys saying me. Few funny PMs i've gotten as well :P

QUIT MESSING WITH MY HEAD!! :p

How could anybody not want tmans sexy babies. :-p

Who said they didn't? :D

*Suits up with riot gear for the Tman mosh*

QUIT MESSING WITH MY HEAD!! :p
    Don't ask me, I'm jsut a girl!
    Now let's all solve our problems with a big bowl of strawberry icecream.

Careful tman, this one likes to baton. :eek:

I noticed after my post there is a kid in the teacup with you, was funnier when I thought it was just you and 5 year olds queuing up for it seperately. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Form an orderly queue now ladies (that includes you, Tar)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I was gonna stick up the pic of myself i showed the girls at the picarnic the other day but nah the only way you see it is from my phone at a meetup...lets say it caused some shocked faces (in a nice way:pac:) as its oldskool me circa over 2yrs ago with long red hair etc:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

It wouldn't be hard. There was a ginger majority at the picnic!! How the hell did that happen???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I was gonna stick up the pic of myself i showed the girls at the picarnic the other day but nah the only way you see it is from my phone at a meetup...lets say it caused some shocked faces (in a nice way:pac:) as its oldskool me circa over 2yrs ago with long red hair etc:D

Oh you have to. Give other people heart attacks too! :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Hey how's tricks, I'm Joe.

I've been veg all my life, not vegan, not pescatarian, vegetarian. Strange one though, seeing as my parents and family all eat copious amounts of flesh.

I'm from Dublin, finglas to be precise, some Boardsies know me from Maynooth over the last two years and now I'm way out in Ballybrack.

Recently left a band called Red Enemy, check them out if metal is your thing.

This is me sorry about the scary face, scary face is scary.
    354274180a8315425710l.jpg

It wouldn't be hard. There was a ginger majority at the picnic!! How the hell did that happen???
    Sounds like quite a nightmare picnic!
    Oh you have to. Give other people heart attacks too! :):D
    Must be as scary as ingredient X.
    Hey how's tricks, I'm Joe.

I've been veg all my life, not vegan, not pescatarian, vegetarian. Strange one though, seeing as my parents and family all eat copious amounts of flesh.

I'm from Dublin, finglas to be precise, some Boardsies know me from Maynooth over the last two years and now I'm way out in Ballybrack.

Recently left a band called Red Enemy, check them out if metal is your thing.

This is me sorry about the scary face, scary face is scary.
    354274180a8315425710l.jpg

Welcome aboard Joe! Love the hair clip and the big thing in the background looking like it's part of your hair. :D

And I lurvvve metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

It was groundhole day in Maynooth, creative methods to eh, eh, 'erb.

Holy **** there's a church in my head. My friends are no good.

Woop, should post some in here, and go for one of our drinks, and get photographer friends. :)

Because never realise that ginger is beautiful;) Tar how could it be a nightmare when i, the only male was surrounded by the beautiful females of the forum while eating massaman curry on a sunny day?:pac:

Because never realise that ginger is beautiful;)
    Because ginger as a food/flavouring is horrible, don't get em started on the 'people' :p
    Tar how could it be a nightmare when i, the only male was surrounded by the beautiful females of the forum while eating massaman curry on a sunny day?:pac:
    Lucky man.

All you will have this sunday is beautiful me. :pac:

Because ginger as a food/flavouring is horrible

:eek: Your a wrong un.

\o Joe......How does one get to be a lifelong veggie, when all your family eat meat?
    Were the runt of the litter or somesuch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Tar how could it be a nightmare when i, the only male was surrounded by the beautiful females of the forum while eating massaman curry on a sunny day?:pac:
    Lucky man.

ahahahahahahahaa! So well put ;)

Because ginger as a food/flavouring is horrible, don't get em started on the 'people' :p
    Nothin wrong with both:)
    Lucky man.
    why yes, yes i am:D

*swoon*:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

You look like a camera I know!

Yes, I have recently had a D5000 for a face, it's interesting :pac:

Aoifums, I located, purchased and ate some of the vegan milk chocolate you recommended. It's... interesting, in a good way! It's never going to be as good as Aldi's Dairyfine 200g though. And it was £2.39 for 100g, ouch... If I was going hardcore vegan though I'd be eating it constantly! Will keep the wrapper and will see if I can get it ordered in anywhere when I get back home. Cheers for the tip :)

Advertisement