Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,098 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

sabat wrote: »
    I'm not condoning any of O'Doherty's more out-there claims but I find it interesting that by attacking her here in such a mob-like fashion people are essentially siding with Google who are infinitely more of a threat to their freedom. Is the train of logic being established that if one person who protests against this company is a "looney" therefore anyone else who protests against them in the future is also a deluded crank?

Gemmas protest is more against reality in general than google in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,734 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Fairly sure they^ had their chance and we have a new faith and flock, proclaiming their virtuousness loudly, standing at the front of the church for everyone to see.
    Receiving their messages and spiritual guidance from the enlightened on twitter.
    NOW QUICKLY RUSH TO DEFEND THE FAITH!
    :pac:

But thats really what Gemma and Justin want though. A white Catholic Theocratic Fascist Dictatorship.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

So apparently Gemmas supporters think Google is hiding the Sun from us all and deploying "smart dust"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 81,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm too sober for this right now.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    I'm too sober for this right now.

Who needs drink or drugs when we have that guy?

The Nal wrote: »
    Who needs drink or drugs when we have that guy?

Its scary. Lots of Gemms supporters believe this stuff.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

Its scary. Lots of Gemms supporters believe this stuff.

While they think they are ‘awake’ they are lapping up this nonsense ... mindless blind following someone who is clearly taking advantage of them.

I don’t for one minute believe that G’OD believes in this smart dust nonsense but by giving these idiots a soap box she is adding to her crazy support base and I’m not sure what the planned end game is !

The irony of her on Facebook live ranting about the cellular towers and talking about how it will be the first things to be ripped down when she takes back the country .. the very same cell tower that she is using to broadcast her nonsense. Is she planning a nation where cellular communications are banned and the people will be back to 1970s telegrams and faxes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Seanachai

But thats really what Gemma and Justin want though. A white Catholic Theocratic Fascist Dictatorship.

From what I've heard in her videos\podcasts, she's pro-Christian but anti-church. If she's so anti-establishment why would she want to usher in an authoritarian regime?, the call for censorship and for people to step into line is firmly coming from the so called progressive side of society.

"blocking out the sun, turning the atmosphere into a plasma, which acts as a conductive medium to transmit their 5G signals through the cloud, just like The Terminator, Skynet.......... the sun is going to be blocked out and everything is going to be stored in the cloud".

Hoping for more of this today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

"blocking out the sun, turning the atmosphere into a plasma, which acts as a conductive medium to transmit their 5G signals through the cloud, just like The Terminator, Skynet.......... the sun is going to be blocked out and everything is going to be stored in the cloud".

Hoping for more of this today.
    That's not even how Skynet worked...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭banie01

King Mob wrote: »

You are clearly a Government Controlled shill and sheep!

Skynet = A net in the sky!
    Why would you lie!!!

Control of the narrative to infect people with smart dust! That's why!

Am I doing it right?
    Can I join Gemma?

She makes our own resident nutter seem quite benign :pac:

Also not how "the cloud" works but Id be less likely to vote for him based on his appalling knowledge of famous sci-fi movies rather than him having the same understanding of cloud computing as my comically senile auntie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭jh79

Seanachai wrote: »
    From what I've heard in her videos\podcasts, she's pro-Christian but anti-church. If she's so anti-establishment why would she want to usher in an authoritarian regime?, the call for censorship and for people to step into line is firmly coming from the so called progressive side of society.

Jailing everybody who disagrees with her is a common theme on her twitter. Sound authoritarian to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ashamed to admit that I’m nerd enough to know he was talking about the Matrix. Humanity blocked out the sun to combat the machines which were heavily reliant on solar. In response the machines turned humans into batteries and essentially plugged them all into ‘the cloud.’

He’s just a really bad performance artist. Like going for to a work presentation about “AI” and everyone who ever talks about the subject uses the same pop culture references to explain it, like Terminator, even though these jocky ****ers don’t know the first thing about nerdom. It repulses me on a level only my 40mm scale figurines can relate to me about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Seanachai

jh79 wrote: »
    Jailing everybody who disagrees with her is a common theme on her twitter. Sound authoritarian to me.

Is she actually calling for her detractors to be imprisoned just because they disagree with her, or because she sees them as being corrupt\criminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,098 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is she actually calling for her detractors to be imprisoned just because they disagree with her, or because she sees them as being corrupt\criminal?

who has asked for her to be imprisoned because they disagree with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

Overheal wrote: »
    Ashamed to admit that I’m nerd enough to know he was talking about the Matrix. Humanity blocked out the sun to combat the machines which were heavily reliant on solar. In response the machines turned humans into batteries and essentially plugged them all into ‘the cloud.’

He’s just a really bad performance artist. Like going for to a work presentation about “AI” and everyone who ever talks about the subject uses the same pop culture references to explain it, like Terminator, even though these jocky ****ers don’t know the first thing about nerdom. It repulses me on a level only my 40mm scale figurines can relate to me about.

*smashes years old Warhammer game in super-saiyen nerd rage*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭jh79

She sees herself and her alone as judge , jury and executioner. No need for due process. She sees everything that goes against her crazy ideas as being criminal and / or corrupt.

She wanted to jail council workers for cutting down trees ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Also not how "the cloud" works but Id be less likely to vote for him based on his appalling knowledge of famous sci-fi movies rather than him having the same understanding of cloud computing as my comically senile auntie.

I think he might think that cloud computing involves actual clouds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No...
    The clouds are to blanket the earth and deny non cybernetic organisms the benefit of sunlight and photosynthesis.

Once the link to photosynthesis is broken, our machine overlords can rise up and dominate the sheeple using them as batteries and experiment fodder...

Rather than oh, say nuclear reactors and rats :P
    Cos that's what God wants...

Neo's ship is the new Ark and you aren't invited to Zion!
    Machine lover!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Anyone know how today's protest is going? Is there millions of people there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I see yoru confusion

If you disagree with her and don't listen then you are obviously

a: corrupt,
    b: criminal
    c: Communist
    d: in League with George Soros
    e: Brainwashed by Unicorns

and should be in jail..

See ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

He actually says it's science fiction.

Then goes on to say he has no actual proof of it because he doesn't know anyone with microscope that can see this stuff but we're all breathing this it in.

The whole thing is actually nuts.

But thats simply not true - Gemma has blocked people on social media, Gemma sends numerous solictors letters to silence people, Gemma wants to sack rte employees, Gemma thretened Fiona O'Leary and said she should be dealt with.

Gemma is not a free speech advocate at all.

Terry Pratchet

Both are a threat to free speech!

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

Someone should tell him that "The Cloud" is just someone else's computer, effectively.

I mean, if it was some sort of atmospheric plasma that'd be pretty impressive.

But it's not.

Any of these mad scones outside Google today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Any of these mad scones outside Google today?

Yeah, her numbers peaked yesterday at around 23, back down to 8 or so today. Tragic scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I love a madzer! The world needs them lol

Advertisement