Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

(Aug 17) NEW Interdepartmental HEO comp (Serving civil servants only)

1484950515254»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Has anyone ever requested a review of result received after an interview.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Anyone get results/pass recent interviews at end of May? Regional Candidates!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marls17

Hi, does anyone know what order of merit they've reached for the Louth panel ? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Does anyone know how many were appointed off Galway, Clare and limerick in this campaign? Both myself and a friend have scored reasonably well in these counties and just passed shortlisting.

Long way to go yet I know but curious how well we have to score in next stages to be in with a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tayto2017

Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone been offered and refused a location outside of the 45km redeployment distance and remained on the panel?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

What has redeployment got to do with it?

Addle wrote: »
    What has redeployment got to do with it?

I know someone who was offered a position and refused it due to the 45km travel distance. I thought the 45km was for redeployment and not promotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Did they remain on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RWC15champions

Tayto2017 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone been offered and refused a location outside of the 45km redeployment distance and remained on the panel?

Thanks!

I know they apply the 45km rule for TCO's and allow them to remain on the panel but I've never heard of it for HEO, doesn't mean it cant happen though. Best bet is to ask PAS and see what they say.
    This wouldn't be for a medium sized town (that you might not have known had a CS location) in a Midlands county by any chance would it?

Addle wrote: »
    Did they remain on the panel?

Yes apparently they have.

• Advertisement

I know they apply the 45km rule for TCO's and allow them to remain on the panel but I've never heard of it for HEO, doesn't mean it cant happen though. Best bet is to ask PAS and see what they say.
    This wouldn't be for a medium sized town (that you might not have known had a CS location) in a Midlands county by any chance would it?

I have emailed PAS to check, I had previously turned down a location due to distance, but it was never mentioned and I was taken off the panel that was a few years ago though, so maybe it has changed. I was aware it was there for TCOs alright just strange it's there for promotion.
    It's a medium town in the mid west and yes I didnt know it had a CS location. It isn't even on the mobility page, but that may be that they dont have any staff below HEO grade!?!?

Tayto2017 wrote: »
    I have emailed PAS to check, I had previously turned down a location due to distance, but it was never mentioned and I was taken off the panel that was a few years ago though, so maybe it has changed. I was aware it was there for TCOs alright just strange it's there for promotion.
    It's a medium town in the mid west and yes I didnt know it had a CS location. It isn't even on the mobility page, but that may be that they dont have any staff below HEO grade!?!?

It could be that, there's some obscure CWS locations in Social Protection that would only have a HEO or two but they wouldn't be very common. More common would be that they are based in the main office and only travel to the locations once a week.
    Hopefully PAS come back with more info so you can make an informed decision.
    When you mention Mid West that's not the offer that I was originally referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Any of you with tips/info on dealing with the presentation or example of the types of interview questions asked. 

All help greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

TrishaK wrote: »
    Any of you with tips/info on dealing with the presentation or example of the types of interview questions asked.

All help greatly appreciated
    Follow the links here;

https://www.tkservices.ie/interview-coaching.html

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Folks . Can anyone advise please! I've placed no1 for a region but my preferred choice region has not interviewed yet. Do ye think am I making right decision holding out for preferr edd region based on yer experiences ....
    (I'm batch 1 of the new 2019 interdept Panel ) so I'm looking to draw on past experiences

speedygirl wrote: »
    Folks . Can anyone advise please! I've placed no1 for a region but my preferred choice region has not interviewed yet. Do ye think am I making right decision holding out for preferr edd region based on yer experiences ....
    (I'm batch 1 of the new 2019 interdept Panel ) so I'm looking to draw on past experiences

The answer would depend on the regions you have selected if you were willing to share those details...

The answer would depend on the regions you have selected if you were willing to share those details...

Sure preferred region -Leitrim
    Current region results -Longford

Sure preferred region -Leitrim
    Current region results -Longford

I'm not sure how either county faired on the 2017 panel to be honest, I'm sure someone else will have better input.

Both have big decentralised offices, Longford offer will come in next few weeks I'd expect but my guess would be you wouldn't have to wait all that long for Carrick (probably Q1 or Q2 2020), especially since you did so well in the interview you will more than likely be number 1 or 2 for Leitrim as well.

I'm not sure how either county faired on the 2017 panel to be honest, I'm sure someone else will have better input.

Both have big decentralised offices, Longford offer will come in next few weeks I'd expect but my guess would be you wouldn't have to wait all that long for Carrick (probably Q1 or Q2 2020), especially since you did so well in the interview you will more than likely be number 1 or 2 for Leitrim as well.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer.
    Anyone for those regions previously got any further info /advice. All most welcome and needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marls17

Thank you for taking the time to answer.
    Anyone for those regions previously got any further info /advice. All most welcome and needed!

Hi Speedygirl, if you go to your union they should provide you with figures on both those locations for all promotions and from which panels the promotions were made or mobility, transfer, internal, inter-d. The unions receive quarterly reports (they will tell you they don't receive these but DPER will tell you they do provide them) which are provided to the union from all departments containing promotion info. Alternatively PAS should disclose this information to you and this may be the easiest route to go down

• Advertisement

Marls17 wrote: »
    Hi Speedygirl, if you go to your union they should provide you with figures on both those locations for all promotions and from which panels the promotions were made or mobility, transfer, internal, inter-d. The unions receive quarterly reports (they will tell you they don't receive these but DPER will tell you they do provide them) which are provided to the union from all departments containing promotion info. Alternatively PAS should disclose this information to you and this may be the easiest route to go down
    Great advice thank you . I will get onto the union for this info when im back in office

• Registered Users Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭Augme

Great advice thank you . I will get onto the union for this info when im back in office

You can just contact PAS and ask them how many were taken off the panel in the last HEO competition for the region you want.

Augme wrote: »
    You can just contact PAS and ask them how many were taken off the panel in the last HEO competition for the region you want.
    Thank you .

Folks . Is there something about being able to defer a position if it's more than 46km from home ?

Advertisement