Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pernell Whitaker RIP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Absolutely gutted, one of the greatest ever. RIP Sweet Pea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭megadodge

That's terrible news.

When I saw the post, I jumped to the conclusion that drugs could be involved, as he had a chequered history with cocaine, but something as random as being hit by a car just seems so wrong for such a great fighter.

He absolutely has to be always in the conversation for greatest defensive fighter of all time and to be honest I always rooted against him when he was fighting but as the years went by my admiration for him grew and grew. I would most definitely have him in my personal top 10 Pound-for-Pound fighters of all time. That's not an emotive decision because of the occasion, I have stated that previously on this forum. He was a true legend.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Some fighter and took on legends in their prime. RIP

Advertisement