Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nine Inch Nails Discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

carlo5 wrote: »
    Reznor just denied it http://www.nme.com/news/nine-inch-nails/95445

But I bet some single of sorts is coming out before November...

Didn't the first link say the album will be called 'Not True'?
    Funny that Reznor's only comment on it is also 'Not True'.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Saw them in Birmingham the last time (2013?) It's about time we got another tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Robotito wrote: »
    Saw them in Birmingham the last time (2013?) It's about time we got another tour!

Belfast was 2013 unbelievable gig, That arena tour was 2014 saw them in Nottingham on that run myself another great show setlist fell well for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Download available now if you pre-ordered (check spam folder).

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

New EP is out now, Rolling Stone review: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/review-nine-inch-nails-add-violence-ep-w493436

I like this track very much (video inspired by Jeff Minter no less, brings back memories of my Speccy 48K days many moons ago):

Giving this a bump as a new track God Break Down The Door has been released, and a new album titled Bad Witch being released later next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Missing their 2 London dates as I'm back in Ireland that week.

Looking forward to hearing this new stuff.

I'm at a festival; Albert hall would have been amazing :(

Agreed, I love Royal Festival Hall as a venue too.

That meltdown lineup is fantastic. Gutted to be missing some of those shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Many people going to the RAH or Paris show? Managed to get tickets for both. Only a fan the last year or so but have been sucked in big time. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

Going to London, Meltdown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Headed to the Berlin show! Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Really like this new song. A grower . Big Bowie vibes.

seachto7 wrote: »
    Really like this new song. A grower . Big Bowie vibes.

Its unreal isnt it? Would fit nicely on Lost Highway. Cant wait for Bad Witch. Theres another song online that was recorded at the presales through a mic, but its really low quality.

London shows this weekend. Cant wait for the RAH gig. The setlists from Vegas have been 3 seriously different sets. Tonight's will be interesting!

Seriously jealous. Would love to be at the RFH show.

Listened to the new EP last night. Really liked the instrumental stuff.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Seriously jealous. Would love to be at the RFH show.

Listened to the new EP last night. Really liked the instrumental stuff.

Love it. Can't really think of anything that sounds like it at the minute. It's not the easiest of listens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not an easy listen and will have to revisit. Not bad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sorry to bring up old thread but just reminiscing with the wife last night the last big festival we went to before we settled down and got sensible was oxygen 09 which had Nine Inch Nails in its lineup.

We weren't that big of fans before then but after it we went crazy for them and we loved the album THE SLIP played it none stop for long time afterwards.

Anyway 10 years ago since that weekend anyone else remember it? Was an excellent lineup with some massive bands.

I really enjoyed that festival. I had just come back from a years of back packing and had been starved of live music. Ended up going by myself for the Saturday and Sunday and squeeze a years worth of gigs into 2 days.

That was the last time I saw NIN and was just before they 'broke up' if I remember correctly.

I still think my highlight from that festival was actually Florence & the Machine playing in one of the smaller tents just before NIN. Was always going to be picking her over Janes Addiction which which may not go down to well in this forum. Lungs just had its 10 year anniversary last week too which got me reminiscing about Oxegen 09 too.

Giving this a bump as Trent & Atticus surprise released 2 brand new albums this morning, Ghosts V & VI.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MosherRock426

What are some of everyone's thoughts on Ghosts V-VI

What are some of everyone's thoughts on Ghosts V-VI

My favourite of their instrumental/Score work aside from Watchmen. Together was quite a surprising listen, and was very enjoyable and found myself breezing through work the day I first listened. Locusts was a different story. Very unsettling and harsh, but absolutely brilliant.

I think Ghosts I-IV was their "look we can do filmy stuff" CV (while still brilliant), and these 2 definitely have a theme or a common bloodline throughout. Locusts is dark as hell.

It's high quality score music for films/shows that will never be, like the other chapters were...for me whilst I appreciate it for what they are they just won't be revisited all too often.

Actually only listened to I-IV for the first time in about 4 years off the back of these releases pretty much and more free time I guess :pac:

Shouldn't be released under the NIN banner but I guess it matters little when he gives them away for nothing.

My favourite of their instrumental/Score work aside from Watchmen. Together was quite a surprising listen, and was very enjoyable and found myself breezing through work the day I first listened. Locusts was a different story. Very unsettling and harsh, but absolutely brilliant.

I think Ghosts I-IV was their "look we can do filmy stuff" CV (while still brilliant), and these 2 definitely have a theme or a common bloodline throughout. Locusts is dark as hell.

I agree with your review on the latest Ghosts instalments. I adored listening to together for the first week of its release I had it as background sounds during evening naps and enjoyed how immersive it really was but yeah Locusts is a totally different beast. Beautiful and complex as was together but definitely harsh and unsettling compared to its counterpart.

• Advertisement

It's high quality score music for films/shows that will never be, like the other chapters were...for me whilst I appreciate it for what they are they just won't be revisited all too often.

Actually only listened to I-IV for the first time in about 4 years off the back of these releases pretty much and more free time I guess :pac:

Shouldn't be released under the NIN banner but I guess it matters little when he gives them away for nothing.

I think for what it is Trent and Atticus released something that the fans know how to treat. It's just a new instalments of the ghosts series. I'm sure they will go back to releasing trio EPs once this corona noise is finished and over. They more than likely realised a revisiting of the ghosts series would be welcome riding on the success of where the sample from Old Town Road that Lil Nas X did done for the band. It got them an award at the CMAs and no doubt a juicy thick royalty wage. I prefer the usual fare of NiN but ghosts is just a separate thing. I am glad it's not a usual thing though as I also feel it shouldn't hold the usual Moniker of NIN if they ever decided to make it a full time sound for the band.

Advertisement