Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda summer clearance sale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

21000 after the 3000 discount for the blade!
    Fûck that for a game of soldiers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

I haven't been up to speed on newer bike reviews but I think I'd be taking a gixxer or BMW over the blade and they're less money even after knocking 3k off the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Honda haven't been able to give the current Blade away - there was a 2018 sitting in a place in Limerick that dropped from 20k down to 15 before they managed to flog it. They priced it like all the other sportsbikes but essentially didn't even bother trying to compete with them in any way on performance/spec. And also the electronics are garbage in comparison and the gearbox is a known issue (false neutrals) that was highlighted when the road racing version lobbed both McGuiness and Guy Martin at the scenery.

I think they revised some of the electronics this year (still not class leading) but being Ireland it's probably a leftover!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah seen the new blade in M50 Honda last week and I could not believe the price of it.....no denying its a lovely machine but what are you paying for? As was said the bike is seriously lacking behind current generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

BrianHal wrote: »
    Wondering about new model Hondas for 2020 (Fireblade in particular but interest in general). Is this sale a stock clear out for new models or just for new stock of current models?

Did Honda Ireland do this for new models before?

https://www.hondaireland.ie/summer-clearance-save-up-to-e3000-off-your-favourite-honda-bikes-this-summer/

TBH the price they're offering the CBR500R is actually less than UK pricing, so there are deals to be had if you were in the market.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

blade1 wrote: »
    21000 after the 3000 discount for the blade!
    Fûck that for a game of soldiers!!

It's not the std Blade at that pricing - the std Blade is 'only' :rolleyes: - €17,500, 4k less than the SP.

the SP is still less here than in the UK as well.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

galwaytt wrote: »
    It's not the std Blade at that pricing - the std Blade is 'only' :rolleyes: - €17,500, 4k less than the SP.

the SP is still less here than in the UK as well.

I'm well aware of that ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

blade1 wrote: »
    If DD type yyyyss dhc Ed vtvgyvgggftcctcrccctttttftt ttttffttfttttttfctcfctftcrcttvvvtvt lllllhh ghgyyh can ol
    Exactly what I was thinking only I was thinking in english :D

Advertisement