Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hammer Nutrition - Where to buy?

• 30-06-2019 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any bricks and mortar shops in Dublin that stock this range?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i cant answer your question but i believe there is an hammer nutriton online store in austria ( hamernutrition.at) you could order from and have it send to where your are staying or to an post office in klagenfurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭kenn0

zico10 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any bricks and mortar shops in Dublin that stock this range?

Not b&s but very quick delivery from Athlone

https://www.connecttoperform.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Tracking Zico in Aistria. Seems to have had a slower than usual swim. Was it non wetsuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

EC1000 wrote: »
    Tracking Zico in Aistria. Seems to have had a slower than usual swim. Was it non wetsuit?

Yes it was non wetsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Non wetsuit indeed. The fresh water didn't help either, but it was disappointing to finish and see 1:14 on my watch. It was too much ground to make up and I didn't cycle or run to my potential either. Might have been different if I'd gotten the Perpetuem. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Non wetsuit indeed. The fresh water didn't help either, but it was disappointing to finish and see 1:14 on my watch. It was too much ground to make up and I didn't cycle or run to my potential either. Might have been different if I'd gotten the Perpetuem. ;)

I tracked you all the day it was a great time and you should be proud I envy those type of spilts. Savage effort and well done. Keep it going.

How much less did you swim this year?
    what I noticed was defo not a fast bike day ( course long or very wet or windy ) Roth wasn't fast either
    Run times also funny given the low temps I would have expected an average 5 min faster in the upper field. ( was it windy on run? )
    Whats your weight I noticed you climbed slowlyish on the bike

peter kern wrote: »
    How much less did you swim this year?

Volume was down on previous years, but I've been working with a new coach since January and I did what he gave me. He had the overall picture in mind and I've full trust he knows what he's doing. There wouldn't have been much point working with him if I did extra swimming off my own bat.
    what I noticed was defo not a fast bike day ( course long or very wet or windy ) Roth wasn't fast either

I couldn't tell you if times were fast or slow, I haven't studied anyone else's results. All I know is I didn't ride as quick as I was hoping, so I'm glad to hear you say that. But it's a new course, so times can't be compared to previous years. It was dry all the time I was on the bike and remained so for an hour after I finished. Nor was it windy, at least not when I was on the course.
    Run times also funny given the low temps I would have expected an average 5 min faster in the upper field. ( was it windy on run? )

Temps certainly weren't low at the start of the run. A thunderstorm struck when I was about 7 miles into the run, and then it got very windy. I didn't care as I glad of the rain. The pros would have been running for the guts of 2 hours in 30° heat, they also probably appreciated the cooling effect of the rain, but the wind would have impacted on their speed.

But then I clocked the run as being 41.48km. Most of the runs I can see on Strava are 600-800m off. So you could add another 2-3 minutes to your calculations.
    Whats your weight I noticed you climbed slowlyish on the bike

I was between 71-72kg flying out here on Wednesday; not as light as I was for the marathon last October, but it's the weight I've been for my previous four Ironman. I actually think I did alright on the climbs. It's when I did the bulk of my overtaking. I certainly got "slowlyish-er" as the race wore on, but I was still going by people on the inclines, and not just the heavier guys. I doubt you can see a neat breakdown of climbs and descents and I'm sure whatever splits you have seen include both. It was on the descents, I couldn't assert the advantage I'd gained on the way up the hills. When I saw an Italian ballsy enough to sit on his top tube, I knew I was out of my element. In such scenarios, it's best for me to sit back and do my best to follow the line of the guy in front, then work to catch them when the road levels out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Did you feel like you where swimming slow Zico? You've done non-wetsuit in under 65 before, no? (in the sea?)

Volume was down on previous years, but I've been working with a new coach since January and I did what he gave me. He had the overall picture in mind and I've full trust he knows what he's doing. There wouldn't have been much point working with him if I did extra swimming off my own bat.

I couldn't tell you if times were fast or slow, I haven't studied anyone else's results. All I know is I didn't ride as quick as I was hoping, so I'm glad to hear you say that. But it's a new course, so times can't be compared to previous years. It was dry all the time I was on the bike and remained so for an hour after I finished. Nor was it windy, at least not when I was on the course.

Temps certainly weren't low at the start of the run. A thunderstorm struck when I was about 7 miles into the run, and then it got very windy. I didn't care as I glad of the rain. The pros would have been running for the guts of 2 hours in 30° heat, they also probably appreciated the cooling effect of the rain, but the wind would have impacted on their speed.

But then I clocked the run as being 41.48km. Most of the runs I can see on Strava are 600-800m off. So you could add another 2-3 minutes to your calculations.

I was between 71-72kg flying out here on Wednesday; not as light as I was for the marathon last October, but it's the weight I've been for my previous four Ironman. I actually think I did alright on the climbs. It's when I did the bulk of my overtaking. I certainly got "slowlyish-er" as the race wore on, but I was still going by people on the inclines, and not just the heavier guys. I doubt you can see a neat breakdown of climbs and descents and I'm sure whatever splits you have seen include both. It was on the descents, I couldn't assert the advantage I'd gained on the way up the hills. When I saw an Italian ballsy enough to sit on his top tube, I knew I was out of my element. In such scenarios, it's best for me to sit back and do my best to follow the line of the guy in front, then work to catch them when the road levels out.

Intertesring weather info thanks.

The Austrian run I do not think has ever been the correct distance.

• Advertisement

Did you feel like you where swimming slow Zico? You've done non-wetsuit in under 65 before, no? (in the sea?)

I did a non-wetsuit swim in 1:03:05 in Mallorca 2014. I wasn't wearing a GPS device that day, but for umpteen different reasons I believe the course had to have been short.

I knew I wasn't moving fast on Saturday. For an Ironman swim, there was a surprising amount of clear water and it was rare that I got to draft. There were two occasions when I got on another swimmer's feet and it was only when this happened that I felt I was properly moving. It was costing me too much to stay with them though and I eased up. Looking back, this is one of the bigger regrets I have about the race. But there was still quite a long way to go both times and I didn't think the extra kicking needed to stay with them was going to be worth it. Getting towards the end, I was acutely aware that far more swimmers had passed me than I had passed. This gave me a strong suspicion that my time was going to be slow and seeing 1:14 on my watch, only confirmed this.

Still, there was someone I raced against twice in Mallorca, and once in Kona, also competing in Austria. Hard to imagine perhaps, but I put significant time into him in all three races. I did so again last Sunday and his time differential between our three previous races and Austria is comparable to mine, and it's possible to argue that it's much worse. The point of all that is the more aids (wetsuit/salt water) you take away from sh1t swimmers, the more of an impact it has on their swim in comparison to the faster guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭griffin100

The difference between a wetsuit swim in any water and skins in freshwater is huge. With the lack of buoyancy in freshwater any faults in your stroke and particularly body position are quickly found out so mediocre swimmers like me really suffer. I can swim a 3.8km in 1hr4mins on a good day in a wetsuit in the sea, 1.09 skins in the sea, and in a lake without a wetsuit I’m closer to 1.25.

Advertisement