Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh what a beautiful girl. From just looking at the pictures it looks like she had a wonderful life, full of smiles! Sleep tight Molly.
    So sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

So sorry for your loss.

What a beautiful dog, such bright eyes and shiny coat, well minded I’d say.

RIP Molly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

2 year anniversary of Bob yesterday. Still miss the little man. He was my dog of a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I always read this thread and posts with a heavy heart .. reading stories of broken hearted owners and their beloved pets…

I’d turn and look at Cody and thank god that that wasn’t me.

I knew my time would come but I thought I’d have him for another year or two… but the universe had other plans.

Run free my precious Cody… our hearts and our home (your home) will never be the same again.

You were the best dog anyone could ever dream of.. and you will never be far from our thoughts .. we will miss you more than anyone could ever imagine XX

To say we are both devastated is an understatement…

My last photo of you before you got ill… In May 2019 on our one of many doggie staycations… Baltimore in Cork at the beacon overlooking the sea…

Sleep tight my little pup X

So sorry for your loss cocker5 :( Sleep tight Cody. You're a gorgeous boy x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

Such sad news. So sorry for your loss Cocker5.Cody was a beautiful boy, nobody could have done more then you for their beloved pet, peaceful sleep Cody x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Oh Cocker5, I'm so sad to read this awful news. Nobody could ever be in any doubt that Cody enjoyed as much love, care and inclusion as a dog could possibly ask for. He had a full and happy life.
    The down side of that is that when they leave us, the sense of loss is huge. I'm sure you must be feeling devastated indeed.
    That's a fab picture. One for a frame, I think.
    Mind yourself :(

DBB wrote: »
    Oh Cocker5, I'm so sad to read this awful news. Nobody could ever be in any doubt that Cody enjoyed as much love, care and inclusion as a dog could possibly ask for. He had a full and happy life.
    The down side of that is that when they leave us, the sense of loss is huge. I'm sure you must be feeling devastated indeed.
    That's a fab picture. One for a frame, I think.
    Mind yourself :(

Thanks so so much for ur kind words xx

The last 4 days have been hell to be honest .. the house is awful without him.. we are both devastated.. our hearts will never be the same again.. we were so so lucky to have him in our lives it’s the loss we feel x

Cocker I'm so so sorry for your loss. I'm in tears here for you. Of course I've followed Cody's life through your posts here for a long time. I know how adored he was and what an amazing life you gave him. I can honestly say I don't think there's a thing you didn't do for that lovely little dog and you did so much to look after his health as he aged. If only more dogs were as lucky in life as Cody was. RIP little man.

Cocker I'm so so sorry for your loss. I'm in tears here for you. Of course I've followed Cody's life through your posts here for a long time. I know how adored he was and what an amazing life you gave him. I can honestly say I don't think there's a thing you didn't do for that lovely little dog and you did so much to look after his health as he aged. If only more dogs were as lucky in life as Cody was. RIP little man.

Thanks so much xx

he was the best dog anyone could ever ask for X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

cocker5 wrote: »
    Thanks so much xx

he was the best dog anyone could ever ask for X

He was, and very much loved. I read many of your posts about Cody over the last number of years, thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Its been a long time since I've been in this situation, so could anyone let me know if this is 'normal' for the situation?

We put girl dog to sleep over a week ago, she had outlived her diagnosis by a handful of months and was ready to go on the night, Im alternating between being sad, glad its all over for her and us(it was horrible stressful trying to figure out how to get the meds into her and watching her drag herself upstairs to join us at work or sleep on my bed) dreading her ashes coming back and being annoyed at myself for checking where her toilet pads were or checking to see if she is in her fav'ed spot in the garden.

I've lost a lot of humans but I've never reacted like this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

When the ashes come back it feels like you have been hit by a bus. But slowly it brings you a sense of comfort that I can’t put into words. We done it and we have a small piece of him with us forever. It feels like he’s still in the house in a way.
    I get being glad it’s over, our guy had a slow decline over a few years. But I won’t forget that last morning when the vets told us there was nothing more they could do and it was up to us how long we keep trying in vain. He died 4 hours afterwards and before we made that decision. Beneath the relief that his pain was over and he wasn’t suffering any longer, there was that selfish feeling that I would do anything to still have him. But he was suffering and in pain we could no longer control so you can’t feel that

Everyone reacts different but what you describe sounds normal to me. It affects yup in a much similar way to losing a human family member

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

so sad when we loose our little no conditions friends a lot of us swear never again

what kicks me into overdrive and go again is time and knowing we will give them a brilliant life and they will make ours more complete

a lot think my brother included was saying he would feel guilty getting another dog but I then asked him to see it as an opportunity to make another 15 years of new memories

sorry for your loss cocker I think we all have memories of reading about cody

Anyone who chose cremation, how long did it take to get the ashes back? The Cranmore site was vague on the specifics afik.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Anyone who chose cremation, how long did it take to get the ashes back? The Cranmore site was vague on the specifics afik.

2/3 weeks I believe is the turn around time..

I’m expecting Cody’s back this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It takes a few weeks, why I don’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

It was a week to the day for us to get Dudes ashes back. It’s his 3rd anniversary tomorrow and it’s hitting me harder than ever this year after a very hard year of human losses going on.
    There’s still not a day goes by that I don’t think of my little bugger. If soul mates are a thing, he was mine in cat form. It’s lovely to have his casket with his ashes on the mantle piece at home, it’s shaped like a sleeping cat so anyone coming in would just think it’s an ornament. Helps keep him close.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My American bulldog Daisy was put to sleep at 8pm this evening after going extremely down hill the past three days. We brought her to the vet each of the three days yesterday she was on a drip while there and a tonne of injections and tablets so best thing for her was to put her to sleep this evening. I thought she improved yesterday as at around 00.30am she got up herself and drank water but wasn't the case.

She was aged 12 years and 7 months so that was pretty good for her breed.

489514.jpg
    489515.jpg
    489516.jpg
    489517.jpg
    489518.jpg

Oh she's so beautiful. Sleep tight Daisy. So sorry for your loss wotzgoingon.

• Advertisement

Daisy is lovely .. so so sorry OP x I hope ur doing ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Cocker5, I never read this thread because its just so sad. I missed the news that Cody was gone... he (and you) has been on Boards for a long time, and a part of A&PI - very sorry to hear you lost your lovely boy and I hope you are doing ok :(

aonb wrote: »
    Cocker5, I never read this thread because its just so sad. I missed the news that Cody was gone... he (and you) has been on Boards for a long time, and a part of A&PI - very sorry to hear you lost your lovely boy and I hope you are doing ok :(

Aonb- thanks so much .. it’s awful to be honest 4 weeks on Thursday .. we both miss him terribly xx
    Our lives will never be the same :(

Girl dog's ashes are back today, I'll pick them up tom(alone is better than the company that would inflect itself on me)

In tears already.

6 weeks today since I saw this little face ... my bestest friend

I cant actually believe it.. it feels like he may be on holidays and any minute he will come home.. to where he belongs... with us :(

Photos taken only one week (ish) before we said goodbye....

He was so beautiful cocker5. And he looked nowhere near his age.

Oh cocker5 my heart just breaks for you. I'm sure you know of my absolute obsession with my man, Milo and I just know how strong your connection with your dog can be. They honestly have such a profound impact on our lives. Thinking of you xxxx

Thanks guys... appreciate it.. we are just both finding it really hard to accept we will never see his little face again... I understand this is our new realty but still hard to accept

he was there one minute.. then snap gone in a instant... what I wouldn't do to have him back ..

we have both suffered loss before (my mum passed away at 58 from Cancer, his dad 12 months later also cancer) and while we were both DEVASTATED to say the least.. our bond with Cody was / is special... we both crushed if I'm totally honest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Oh cocker, he was such a beauty and looked so well in the photos. No wonder you’re still so lost in shock and grief at his sudden passing, it is completely heartbreaking :(

“Gone from our sight but never from our hearts”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

We lost precious Kizzy today.
    She was rushed to the vet last night after collapsing and x-rays revealed fluid on her lungs. She failed to wake-up from the drain op. Vet said it's probably a viral or bacterial infection. She showed no signs of sickness as cats are wont to do.
    At around 11 years old, Kizzy grew fairly grumpy in her old age and would snarl at the suggestion of a cuddle by us lol but it just added to her charm. We have had her from a kitten when we found her on our front wall. She was lovely.

Advertisement