Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Social Housing

• 13-11-2018 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I’m currently in private accommodation however the property is not fit for living in. There’s no heating bar a stove, damp everywhere making my asthma worse. I applied for social housing in September but got rejected as the company I used to work for kept putting off sending me my P45, I eventually got it and handed the form back in early November. I found a landlord who’s offering me and my partner and our dog a house with the help of HAP. How long do I have to wait in order to apply for HAP? Winter is here and the cold is making my health worse. I have explained this to the council but all they have said is that we will hear back in a few weeks?

Can anyone help me as I need to know if I will be able to apply for HAP soon and tell the landlord, or am I going to have to wait 12 weeks as it states that’s how long till the application is processed. I cannot wait 12 weeks and this landlord is the only one willing to accept a dog and HAP, is there anything else we can do?

Advertisement