Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

10C and pissing down in Letterkenny, cold wind as well. Fairly bleak after relaxing in 30C heat at the weekend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain has eased off into drizzly muck. Fire lit since 5pm. A truly horrendous day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonzo wrote: »
    rain has eased off into drizzly muck. Fire lit since 5pm. A truly horrendous day.

I went ahead with my bbq dinner
    Both neighbors have fires lit or the heating on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Does anyone have the url for the old met radar page. I deleted my tab by accident.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

No sign of climate change in Galway just the same old sh**e as usual... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back to heavy rain again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

Does anyone have the url for the old met radar page. I deleted my tab by accident.

Thanks

http://archive.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain has eased off slightly here now, still a sh*t evening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Moderate in Kildare. 22mm for this event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Bitter cold. There really are no words to describe this ****e. Dark and miserable out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Bitter cold. There really are no words to describe this ****e. Dark and miserable out.
    It's really poor even for Ireland. Been dry in south Cork since morning as well but the temperatures wouldn't be out of place in mid winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Only 10.6c at Gurteen today, coldest June max at any Irish station as far as I can see since 3 June 2012. Just the culmination of this atrocious day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

15 hours of continuous rain here in meath, eased off about 2 hours ago to drizzle but back lashing it down now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

My Ma says she has the heat on, in June! So you basically need the heat for 8 or 9 months a year in Ireland. Today could happen at any time of the year too. I am definitely retiring somewhere warm.

north-west Spain and Portugal were also affected by the same system that brought us our misery today. Parts of Northern Spain only reached the mid teens today which is extremely low for there.

Ireland was indeed the coldest country today overall, with the exception of Iceland and the far north of Scandinavia. UK was cool as well, but temperatures held up fairly well in southern and eastern England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

I haven't come to this decision lightly but I think it's time to build an ark here in my part of south Laois:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭appledrop

20.7mm of rain today at Dublin airport. Unbelievable. It's not just the rain but how cold it is aswell. This is depressing + if that low doesn't shift soon we will be left with it for the rest of summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

It has been heavy rain in Dublin 4 for 7 hours now without a break. Seems to have gotten even heavier the last half hour or so. It's nice to be inside and hear it pattering away on the roof. It also allows a nice cool breeze in through the window. But it's hard to escape the grim weather the last three weeks, bar a few days of balmy mild conditions.

Just looked at the stats there for last summer. It's
    Only 4th June but in four days we have had the same amount of rain at Dublin airport as the whole of May + June 2018 added together. I know that was a drought but still depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

appledrop wrote: »
    Just looked at the stats there for last summer. It's
    Only 4th June but in four days we have had the same amount of rain at Dublin airport as the whole of May + June 2018 added together. I know that was a drought but still depressing.
    Ah, it could be worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭quodec

Around 16 hours of constant rain here in north Louth, a mix of light and heavy precipitation all day but with no break at all. I'm struggling to think of a day like it in recent memory. Like others we too have the heating on - in the first week in June!

I put the heating on the minute I cane home this evening. My husband said 'It's June' + my reply was tell the weather that because it thinks it's December ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

kippy wrote: »
    Ah, it could be worse.

Could it?

I try to always look at something positive but today was one to forget, very poor and not nice. The more and more I observe Irish weather, the more I am less forgiving of it.

The only silver lining is that the students won't mind studying for their exams when weather is like that! Best of luck tomorrow Sryanbruen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Rain has gone up a notch in intensity in Kildare now. 26mm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭pauldry

Raining in Sligo but bar the afternoon its been 0.5mm per hour whereas in Markree its over 2mm per hour

So the 6 v 9mm yesterday gap is going to widen

Sligo town now at 15mm for June

Id say Markree nearer 30mm

June 4th 2019 max temp in Sligo 10.8c

December 2nd 2018 max temp in Sligo 11.4c

pouring rain for past few hours again, I reckon we still have a few more hours of rain before the clearance very slowly moves it's way up from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

dry and breezy out here. all the deluges have vanished safely into the thirsty
    earth as will any fresh ones.

reports from family in tornado areas keep a sense of proportion strong here. No flooding etc either . no complaints

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Kutebride

appledrop wrote: »
    The only silver lining is that the students won't mind studying for their exams when weather is like that! Best of luck tomorrow Sryanbruen!

Wow good luck Sryanbruen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Graces7 wrote: »
    dry and breezy out here. all the deluges have vanished safely into the thirsty
    earth as will any fresh ones.

reports from family in tornado areas keep a sense of proportion strong here. No flooding etc either . no complaints

west mayo offshore

Got photos from my friend on the beach in Achill in their wetsuits yesterday. Must have been the only place without rain until last night.

Advertisement