Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to find lost pin number?

Options
  • 11-08-2003 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

I have no idea what the PIN for our SKY box is. This isn't a problem at the moment, as all the parental locks are turned off, but I'd like to avoid any problems in the future

So anybody know how to find the PIN? I've heard that it's the last four digits on the viewing card by default, but we've thrown out the old viewing card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭maisflocke

Afaik - there is no PIN for the box, its card related.

If you don't have a card, you dont have a PIN.
    If you do have a card, the default PIN is the last 4 digits of the card number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It is whatever your old pin was, if you never set your own the last 4 numbers of your old card were carried over to the new card as the pin. If you can't retrieve the number ring sky and they will reset the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

John's correct. Old PIN from old card and Sky can reset it remotely pretty quickly

Advertisement