Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »

It’s spa day here as hair to be dyed and face mask on and nails going to be painted :)

That dog is just so spoilt :D

My own little feline lady is back to herself now, thankfully.
    Took her 24 hours to come round fully after it.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning all. Brrrrr etc.

Smurf, are you saying your colleague can smoke on the flight??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

0lddog wrote: »
    Lucky AlfredSport. ( what colour is he getting is hair dyed ? )
    Hope its Auto's turn next saturday:)

AlfredSport is looking well as usual, he’s now resting his weary little body and snoring his head off :D

I am not looking the best as I was rather vocal watching the grand national :D

Dinner time
    Now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Yep �� it’s a cultural thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside at my folk's house

just an update about the vaccine and how I felt after it, when I went to bed on Thursday night, a migraine, feeling shivery, aches and pains, and coughing developed during the night. Was vomiting with my migraine for most of yesterday, was considering care doc as I couldn't keep down fluids, but thankfully it settled down. My migraine eventually went about half 10 pm on Friday. The other symptoms went away over the course of the day yesterday, aside from a cough. Over the worst of it thankfully but feel quite wiped out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Living room, just finishing up some painting of art pieces of brightly coloured birds. Been a good while since I’ve had the chance to create some art.

Hope yiz are all having a relaxed weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

How's your OH today Jupiterkid?
    Hopefully he's feeling much better :)

Dinner sorted for tomorrow, old habits die hard !
    Am cold all day , can't warm up at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    How's your OH today Jupiterkid?
    Hopefully he's feeling much better :)

Dinner sorted for tomorrow, old habits die hard !
    Am cold all day , can't warm up at all .

What's your old habit dinner for tomorrow Mam? Heating pumping away here the last few hours and still chilly.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    What's your old habit dinner for tomorrow Mam? Heating pumping away here the last few hours and still chilly.

Cooking the meat , and the carrot/parsnip mash , so just the potatoes tomorrow for mash and roasting to put on G . That's the way it always was on a Saturday when we were growing up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cooking the meat , and the carrot/parsnip mash , so just the potatoes tomorrow for mash and roasting to put on G . That's the way it always was on a Saturday when we were growing up :)

Ah the oul cooking the meat on a Saturday night job and the peeled spuds in the pot. I well remember the pressure cooker going on a Saturday night with a ham in it. No posh dinner here tomorrow. Did it for the girls today. Tomorrow are simply dirty burgers.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'd feckin love a feed of bacon and cabbage with loads of parsley sauce right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The only place I am warm is abed with at least two big cats. I cannot afford heating in April. Actually I have never run electric heating here. Just the stove.

Ah the oul cooking the meat on a Saturday night job and the peeled spuds in the pot. I well remember the pressure cooker going on a Saturday night with a ham in it. No posh dinner here tomorrow. Did it for the girls today. Tomorrow are simply dirty burgers.:D

I cheat! Shamelessly! Supervalu who deliver all my supplies, with the help of the island ferry ( Bless them all! ) do excellent ready meals for E4 so I treat myself to one for Sunday dinner... Tomorrow is Irish roast beef dinner; the cats get the meat..... and I so enjoy something I have not cooked.

carrots and parsnips are my favourite veg!
    mashed or roasted, love them:D
    I used to bring parsnips over to the Balkans with me when i was living there, cos they dont grow them or eat them there at all. But I converted a few locals to the parsnip, one of the local girls brought them home to her dad, now he is growing them!!

bubblypop wrote: »
    carrots and parsnips are my favourite veg!
    mashed or roasted, love them:D
    I used to bring parsnips over to the Balkans with me when i was living there, cos they dont grow them or eat them there at all. But I converted a few locals to the parsnip, one of the local girls brought them home to her dad, now he is growing them!!

Roasted parsnips are fecking delicious aren't they?!
    Good on you for converting them to loving them too , that's brilliant!
    Roasted beetroot is actually lovely too , not the flavour you'd be expecting from them imo :)

Roasted beetroot is actually lovely too , not the flavour you'd be expecting from them imo :)

OOH, roasted beetroot I love too!
    but i do roast them with goats cheese and a bit of cream, very carlorific, but gorgeous!

Thanks for that tip, I've never tried it.
    It'll be on my Xmas Day list.

OOH, roasted beetroot I love too!
    but i do roast them with goats cheese and a bit of cream, very carlorific, but gorgeous!

Ah ok , I like goats cheese too but tbh I love the flavour of the beetroot on its own!

Purple Mountain, do try it , it's lovely , if you like goats cheese like bubbly, add that!

Ah ok , I like goats cheese too but tbh I love the flavour of the beetroot on its own!

Purple Mountain, do try it , it's lovely , if you like goats cheese like bubbly, add that!
    I actually eat beetroot and goat's cheese in salads but never thought of roasting them.

I actually eat beetroot and goat's cheese in salads but never thought of roasting them.

OOOH, its lovely! if you like parsnip and goats cheese, throw them into the oven with a teeny tiny bit of cream...... super rich, but yummy yummy!!
    the (ex)boyfriend used to make them for me in finland, yum! he also used to make a salad, had beetroot, apple, goats cheese and carrot chopped up small and mixed together, gorg!
    maybe thats whyy I have actually managed to lose weight since the new year!!

god, I miss him so much........

• Advertisement

OOOH, its lovely! if you like parsnip and goats cheese, throw them into the oven with a teeny tiny bit of cream...... super rich, but yummy yummy!!
    the (ex)boyfriend used to make them for me in finland, yum! he also used to make a salad, had beetroot, apple, goats cheese and carrot chopped up small and mixed together, gorg!
    maybe thats whyy I have actually managed to lose weight since the new year!!

god, I miss him so much........

Ahh.

*hug*

I'm not big into parsnips, roasted or boiled with salt is adventurous enough for me!
    There was a nice recipe a few months ago in another thread which has become a staple of mine for the work lunchbox lately..
    Mixed leaves, orange slices, chopped beetroot, goat's cheese/brie, walnuts.
    I actually use the low fat cheese for salad that's Tesco's own brand instead of goat's cheese.
    I add croutons too sometimes.

Ahh.

*hug*

ah thanks, it so long ago now for everyone it doesn't seem relevant really!
    the last time i saw him was november 2019, just before covid took over really....... I dont talk about it, but I appreciate the hugs.
    miss him a lot! too much really.....
    :)

ah thanks, it so long ago now for everyone it doesn't seem relevant really!
    the last time i saw him was november 2019, just before covid took over really....... I dont talk about it, but I appreciate the hugs.
    miss him a lot! too much really.....
    :)

I understand that bubbly. It's been my experience too. Like all loss It's something you grieve and come to terms with in your own way. Life can change so quick and good things can appear :)

Agh, you are making me hungry and it’s only 8am here.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Agh, you are making me hungry and it’s only 6am here.

It is coming up to 6 am here too; where are you that we coincide?

Interesting! I thought we were hours apart.

Bitter, shockingly cold. Even the cats have changed their ways. They all come in at night and gather atop me abed.

You caught me Graces7 :):):) I really don’t know what time zone I’m in these days and having a watch set to Greenwich time doesn’t help :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    You caught me Graces7 :):):) I really don’t know what time zone I’m in these days and having a watch set to Greenwich time doesn’t help :)

GOTCHA! lol... I thought it was me as I am hopeless at these things as many have seen on clock change weekends! Like the Sunday I was to attend a Craft Fair in Killarney and went out early to get to Mass in the Cathedral first.. How odd; so few folk at 8 o'clock mass and clearly it was cancelled.. Then to Tesco and then I saw a clock and pointed out at the checkout that their clock was wrong... lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Highlight of my day is I’m going shopping :D Had to resort to eating half a Easter egg for breakfast :D Tough life :D

• Advertisement

Get anything nice for us Auto?.

Advertisement