Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parcel up to 10kg for 5,96eur with anPost with Track&Trace number

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ash2020 wrote:
    i wonder what the weight is stated on the label, I regularly send out 10.5kg parcels and that's with using lighter packaging, if it states 10kg on the label I will be over the threshold, if it doesn't state 10kg on the label I would chance my arm. I have a great pre-order prices with fastway and dpd , but they are notorious for leaving parcels on peoples door ways and items getting wet or nicked! anpost would rarely ever do this

When you hand them in to the post office they will weigh the parcel. Label says 10kg. Such a shame half a kg will ruin this for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

That’s where the courier is the winner. Post office getting nit picky down to a gram. You’d swear it was drugs you were dishing out.
    Courier up to 30kg set price, oversize 30kg to 40kg. No messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Cerveza wrote: »
    That’s where the courier is the winner. Post office getting nit picky down to a gram. You’d swear it was drugs you were dishing out.
    Courier up to 30kg set price, oversize 30kg to 40kg. No messing around.

This would depend on the courier and your contract with them. My DPD contract is upto 10kg. Actually has more restrictions on it than An Post do with these labels.

With An Post you can also drop packages off to a local depot, they don't weigh them there. I've never had anything returned to me and I've sent packages of all shapes n sizes and some that have been over 10kg.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is there a timeframe for how long you have to use them before they expire?

Could be very handy for work, but we might only ship a few per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭pancyk

byte wrote: »
    Is there a timeframe for how long you have to use them before they expire?

Could be very handy for work, but we might only ship a few per month.

When I asked @ post office, they told me that there's no expiry date for them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

pancyk wrote: »
    When I asked @ post office, they told me that there's no expiry date for them
    Perfect, thanks for the quick reply.

Also, thanks OP. Seems a decent enough bargain if you're not shipping lots per week, where Fastway might be cheaper.

Advertisement