Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster v Leinster Build Up Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Munster's online content creator's are better than Leinsters!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Venjur wrote: »
    Very tame match thread. Gone are the blessed days when three red kings had to take it to twitter to have a public outrage.

Think this is the first time Ruddock and POM have played against each other in a good few years - they used to have a bit of a thing didn't they?

Ok, let's take on the challenge Venjur. Sexton is looking incredibly brittle these days. I'm not a Ross Byrne believer so while I believe Van Graan offers nothing new to Munster I wouldn't be surprised of a Munster win. Leinster's line speed is so much better than Munsters but if you take away the playmaker suddenly the bulldozing Munster doesn't look a bad option.

I'm a bit curious how this game will pan out. I believe Sexton needs to be retired but I don't see the alternative in leinster at the moment. So maybe the men from the south can make hay in the interim

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

aloooof wrote: »
    Munster's online content creator's are better than Leinsters!

Agreed.

And since it's the only context in which you'll hear "Munster" and "creative" in the same breath, long may it continue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

ElisaAtWar wrote: »
    So maybe the men from the south can make hay in the interim

There's going to be a "balin' hay" joke along soon, isn't there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Anyone know if you can buy an Eir Sport day pass?

Seems to be on Premier sports 2, which you can get on sports extra pass on Nowtv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kennedmc

LaHaine wrote: »
    Seems to be on Premier sports 2, which you can get on sports extra pass on Nowtv?

Yes that's what Ive been told. Get a 24 hour sports pass on Now TV for a tenner. Planning to do that later

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

kennedmc wrote: »
    Yes that's what Ive been told. Get a 24 hour sports pass on Now TV for a tenner. Planning to do that later

AFAIK Eir hold the Irish rights so Premier is for UK audiences only. Lots of people have been stung by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

If your are in Ireland then that won't work. Now TV are very specific on their website that you cannot get pro14 matches by buying nowtv passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Who are we expecting to win this? Leinster are favourites but Munster have been in good form recently I believe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Garda Kenny

Anyone know if Toland is on commentary tonight?

If he is it will have to deferred coverage on TG4 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Liam Toland and Murray Kinsella, I am led to believe.

Edit: Conor Morris and Liam Toland, more likely.

icdg wrote: »
    Liam Toland and Murray Kinsella, I am led to believe.

Keith Earls catches a high ball in the back field, fumbles it and knocks on.

Toland: "That's a strategic master class from Keith Earls, a 5m scrum is a perfect opportunity for Munster to assert their scrum dominance, that's the value of having that kind of experience on the field - Munster will be licking their lips here".

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kennedmc

If your are in Ireland then that won't work. Now TV are very specific on their website that you cannot get pro14 matches by buying nowtv passes.

I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell :mad:

Any good streams knocking around?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell :mad:

Any good streams knocking around?

If it’s on Premier Sports there should be. Speaking from soccer experience

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Is there a stiff breeze with the snow down there or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Venjur wrote: »
    Keith Earls catches a high ball in the back field, fumbles it and knocks on.

Toland: "That's a strategic master class from Keith Earls, a 5m scrum is a perfect opportunity for Munster to assert their scrum dominance, that's the value of having that kind of experience on the field - Munster will be licking their lips here".

Excellent analysis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Murray Kinsella tweeting images of Joey C gently kicking a ball around Thomomd Park

• Registered Users Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭ongarite

Any fear referee will call game off if snow gets heavier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Weather is brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Well Eirs online service is down AGAIN!
    Can anyone pm me a working link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Anyone having an issue logging into the EirTv app? It's coming up with an Internal Error.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue logging into the EirTv app? It's coming up with an Internal Error.

Probably blocked for Munster fans to save the embarrassment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭OldRio

Took me ages to open up the Eir app. Eventually watching on phone and yet it won't let me cast to TV. Other channels are fine to cast but not this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Gordon does know his arse from his elbow

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

OldRio wrote: »
    Took me ages to open up the Eir app. Eventually watching on phone and yet it won't let me cast to TV. Other channels are fine to cast but not this.

Took me a few restarts but I got there eventually about 5 minutes ago. Keep trying I would say and you'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Eir TV working for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭OldRio

Took me a few restarts but I got there eventually about 5 minutes ago. Keep trying I would say and you'll get there.

Its casting now. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Advertisement