Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best running shoes for underpronation

• 17-01-2021 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭

My daughter has aspirations of becoming a jogger but is picking up a few calf/Achilles niggles.

Given that sports shops are closed for the foreseeable I got her to do the footprint test and it transpires that she has a serious under pronation going on!

Any suggestions as to the best type of runners for this? She probably won’t go over 10k but is running 3 or 4 times a week. (That’s more than I ever did :D )

I’ll work on form etc but want to get the footwear right too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Gavlor wrote: »
    My daughter has aspirations of becoming a jogger but is picking up a few calf/Achilles niggles.

Given that sports shops are closed for the foreseeable I got her to do the footprint test and it transpires that she has a serious under pronation going on!

Any suggestions as to the best type of runners for this? She probably won’t go over 10k but is running 3 or 4 times a week. (That’s more than I ever did :D )

I’ll work on form etc but want to get the footwear right too.

Thanks

What runners is she currently wearing?

The "right" runner for her is the one the feels the most comfortable in.
    By your "serious under pronation" comment I assume you mean she has a high arch, going by the" foot print test"
    Unfortunately as you say, most shops are only doing online sales at the moment, so it would be impossible to try on a few pairs.
    My advice would be to get some "neutral" shoes as to specific brands, its very hard to say because everyone will be different in what the like.
    Saucony Endorphin range are getting great reviews, others like Nike epic react miler, pegasus and infinity, or New Balance 1080 all would be good cushioned shoe.

Advertisement