Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Cena is the one I was close to pulling the trigger on before I changed course to the (obviously superior :pac:) Hitman pick.

I had Bret before and I feel I didnt do him justice. I would have liked another crack at him.

Hes one of my favs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »

From trying to see who was eligible, I believe I was wrong with this. Necro says they have to be show closers.

Yeah sorry folks if it was ambiguous, matches going on last was my intention. So AJ gets in on a technicality, which was a clever pick by tbc as the Boneyard match made him eligible.

But World title matches that kicked off the show even with a Rumble winner or buried in the card - they don't count. Soz!

I'm gonna put up the second round stip later this eve as we're motoring through the list and I can't post much during working hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Yup AJ was the last name I wrote on my list, simply because I forgot that Mania was two nights this year, so I skipped his name on the wiki article. But when I saw the rule about WM 3 then the Boneyard Match came straight to mind.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Round 2 stip up...

I love that gif, I think I used it last year too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Bollix. :D

• Advertisement

Shaggy needs to explain his King Kong Bundy pick. I cant remember him being drafted in years, let alone first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Necro wrote: »
    Round 2 stip up...

I love that gif, I think I used it last year too :P

Great stip - still leaves alot of talent available for R3 onwards too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Shaggy needs to explain his King Kong Bundy pick. I cant remember him being drafted in years, let alone first round.

I’ll let things stir a bit before I show my hand* :D

*unless you legitimately need an explanation for my pick.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I’ll let things stir a bit before I show my hand* :D

*unless you legitimately need an explanation for my pick.

No no, I enjoy a good reveal.

I thought I picked Bundy in the year I had a roster filled with goliaths but nope, one that I didn't pick up funnily enough.

I'm intrigued about it though, it's an interesting pick that stands out given the more traditional talent that is still available :)

• Advertisement

I thought I picked Bundy in the year I had a roster filled with goliaths but nope, one that I didn't pick up funnily enough.

I'm intrigued about it though, it's an interesting pick that stands out given the more traditional talent that is still available :)

To quote Lemmy "Its all about the game character,...and how you play use it"

I havent been this intrigued in a pick since Crabman drafted a woman in round 1 way before the womens revolution.

TBC - Trend setter. .

Im also sure I saw C-Man draft him 5 or so years ago. I know someone drafted him with a tag partner one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I love when people make left field picks like that :)

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    I love when people make left field picks like that :)

Its a bold move Cotton.

Bold moves have a tendency to pay off in the draft.

Its a bold move Cotton.

Bold moves have a tendency to pay off in the draft.

Exactly its not always about having the Top Dogs.. its about how you use them

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Exactly its not always about having the Top Dogs.. its about how you use them

Crabman and his Womens exculsive fed was a refreshing change. I always love seeing non main eventers pushed into the main event too.

Crabman and his Womens exculsive fed was a refreshing change. I always love seeing non main eventers pushed into the main event too.

Definitely thats one that sticks out, think there may have been an all Japanese fed one year too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Went through lots of different options but felt Jericho offered a lot of versatility. PS I can't remember how to put images up if someone could help me out cheers :pac:

Jericho is hands down my fav wrestler, and Ive never drafted him.

Its like a block, I jusd dont think I could book him effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Once Jericho was gone i had one seclection left on my main list

now to build around Seth..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

To quote Lemmy "Its all about the game character,...and how you play use it"

I havent been this intrigued in a pick since Crabman drafted a woman in round 1 way before the womens revolution.

TBC - Trend setter. .

Myself and Steph share equal credit for actually inventing women’s wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Pick made and PM sent to ABMG.

Have got a few tentative ideas and directions I can go with Edge so more than happy with the pick.

PS what's the easiest way to add images?

Pick made and PM sent to ABMG.

Have got a few tentative ideas and directions I can go with Edge so more than happy with the pick.

PS what's the easiest way to add images?

I use chrome for images, just type it into the image search, right click and copy image address then paste using the [IMG][/IMG] tags on boards

Seth and Edge gone. Both certs to be picked this round.

Ill always remember Edge in the draft from MNGs 2017 run. The delightful way he surprised us with his introduction was so innovative.

Rollins new heel persona is so underrated, its a pity the booking in WWE did him no favors. I expect Maniac to do better.

This round has actually flown by today. Glad I threw up the next round list, only 4 left to pick now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Getting excited now with 2 picks coming up , have some ideas which I'm sure are going to be dashed when someone else picks who I have in mind haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I was torn on what way to go there. I like to go with people I haven't had before but remaining from the list I made at the very start were three people I had on my roster just last year, then I had Bryan the year before and the other person in my 3rd or 4th year. In the end I decided to go for the man behind one of my favourite Wrestlemania finishes ever.

I'm rather surprised Hunter and Bryan lasted as long as they did - HHH is another one I'd love to have - haven't booked him before. Both great picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Amazed to find both my number 1 targets left , Hopefully my tag team lasts now :D

• Advertisement

Amazed to find both my number 1 targets left , Hopefully my tag team lasts now :D

I was choosing between The Undertaker and someone else. I've just copped that the other person isn't eligible in this round.

Advertisement