Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brexit issues / bike24.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

letape wrote: »
    You’ve just included a link to this thread!

Mods likely merged.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ED E wrote: »
    Mods likely merged.
    yep, i forgot to put a note to this effect in the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 837897

So who can we actually order on line from at the minute/next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

837897 wrote: »

Probably no one unless they have them in stock in Ireland. Most lbs will be ordering parts in from UK or conti Europe so parts are gonna be scarce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I'm due a delivery from Alltricks France next week by DPD apparently. Will wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the only time i've ever ordered anything online for the bike was from a chap in cork trading as bikeman.ie; good customer service but he's a very small player compared to the sites being discussed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I'm due a delivery from Alltricks France next week by DPD apparently. Will wait and see.

I looked at my AllTricks tracking in the past and all deliveries seem to go through Chronopost in Roissy directly to Ireland (either Shannon or UK) where DPD then take over. I'd say you should be safe enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Max Q wrote: »
    Just got the following from CRC. (Order placed Dec 31st, dispatched Jan 2nd)
    My two orders were dispatched in the first week of December, your not only fighting Brexit, you are dealing with Fastway
    prunudo wrote: »
    Just on this, ordered parts from bike components last weekend, email to say DHL (Köln) have it, currently tracking is saying it has been sent to an Post but no further movement since Wednesday.
    Typically my experience has been they stock pile the orders for a week in Koln before shipping, An Post only register it even existed after it has arrived. Basically, you should have it in the first few days of next week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

There's a movement.

Ordered Jan 1st.
    "Received in their central distribution hub". Hawkes Bay Couriers (Original name), 8:20am today.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

Planet X wrote: »
    There's a movement.

Ordered Jan 1st.
    "Received in their central distribution hub". Hawkes Bay couriers, 8:20am today.

Snap....... New wheels on the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 macapaca

Fann Linn wrote: »

Ordered from Alltricks on Jan 1st and it arrived yesterday. So no worries I’d say overall

• Registered Users Posts: 45 macapaca

Planet X wrote: »
    There's a movement.

Ordered Jan 1st.
    "Received in their central distribution hub". Hawkes Bay Couriers (Original name), 8:20am today.

And same with me this morning from an order before Christmas. Result! Showing up on the Hawkes bay couriers thing this morning!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Stuff I ordered with Bike-Discount is moving too, looks like it could finally arrive tomorrow.

"The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country/destination area."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

The mince pies are finished :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've a Sigma Sports order on the way (I'm in France). DHL tracking is saying "Some options are unavailable because you may owe duty and/or VAT on this shipment. If you owe duty and/or VAT you will receive a message with the amount owed. Please pay promptly to avoid any delivery delay."

Not due to arrive until Wednesday so over two weeks processing time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Movement with mine also. I never followed up with cancelling the order as it's nothing overly important so can wait. I'm curious now though if any duty will be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

Aegir wrote: »
    They don’t just sell in to Europe though, CRC and Wiggle both sell globally, so they should fully understand the intricacies of selling across borders.

I think that's harsh. The UK government have had four years to get a plan of where and what the sunlit uplands of brexit will look like and only got the trade deal sorted at the last minute.

How is a company supposed to get stuff across an international border when the customs and revenue staff don't properly know? How many extra staff have the UK recruited and trained? How much infrastructure? I bet less was spent on that than the Boris bridge.

It's Xmas, it's covid and it's those 50.2% tools across the water have come together to make a perfect mug of noodle ****e soup with parcels floating around lost in the depths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

My sonwho works in Fastway has been told to expect tobe very busy next week as a lot of stuff trapped in limbo due to brexit/customs is expected to be freed up early in the week.
    May give some of ya's some hope.

I have a shopping list for bike.24 so hopefully they start shipping to us soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

looks like my fastaway parcel from crc has appeared in letterkenny #1

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

My Wiggle parcel (ordered prior to Xmas) has finally appeared on Fastway’s tracking site. Supposed to have it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

D13exile wrote: »
    My Wiggle parcel (ordered prior to Xmas) has finally appeared on Fastway’s tracking site. Supposed to have it tomorrow.

What odds are you offering?

CramCycle wrote: »
    What odds are you offering?

I did say “supposed”:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Same here dispatched on the 27th but no sign of it or scan from fastway. Tomorrow is 10 days so have to fill in lost package report and await a refund. I'd say they just stalled all deliveries ordered around that time to see what charges were due.

I read a post by someone this morning that had gotten a parcel from DPD delivered only for the driver to return and ask for the parcel back as there was a customs bill outstanding on it.

I’d love to have been that recipient! The delivery driver would be told where to go sharpish!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Bike-discount package arrived today (ordered 22nd Dec).

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PJ_RS1800

CRC delivery arrived this morning.
    Ordered on 28th.
    It only showed up on Fastway tracking last night.

Wiggle order arrived this morning, took three weeks but at least I’ve my new Northwave cycling shoes and cateye bike computer now. No sign of a customs bill even though order was over €200

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

Fastway have scanned my CRC order from the 31st. Hopefully that'll arrive today or tomorrow. In no great hurry for it.

Another order coming in from England. That's stuck somewhere.
    Royal Mail tracking last updated on Friday morning at 4am with "your item is now leaving the UK". Link provided to continue the tracking with An Post but as of now An Post haven't got it on their system. :(

Edit
    It's in Ireland now :-)
    Probably gonna have to pay VAT on it but will wait and see sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

My CRC order arrived today. Realistically, with a bank.holiday on New Years day the delivery time wasn't that bad, on the 7th working day, we've just got used to really fast deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've a Sigma Sports order on the way (I'm in France). DHL tracking is saying "Some options are unavailable because you may owe duty and/or VAT on this shipment. If you owe duty and/or VAT you will receive a message with the amount owed. Please pay promptly to avoid any delivery delay."

Not due to arrive until Wednesday so over two weeks processing time

This arrived today and nothing due on it thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Set of wheels ordered from Bike discount.de on the 7th Jan, look like they are out for delivery today. They use DPD. Was expecting it to take a few weeks so very happy with the speed.

Advertisement