Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Irishder wrote: »
    Whats the UK site address?

https://uk.ooni.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I assume that you're all doing the UK site with Parcel Wizard/Motel?

I assume that you're all doing the UK site with Parcel Wizard/Motel?

The one I ordered was in stock so no waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Also the shipping is different on each site, on the EU one you have to spend 99 euro to get free shipping, otherwise it is 20 euro no matter the product. The UK site has free shipping with a £25 spend. It wont make a difference for those buying ovens as you'll get free shipping anyway but for those buying other items like peels, etc under 99 euro then the UK site and Parcel Motel is the way to go.

I'm stupidly and excitedly considering the Karu.
    If I buy it now from the EU site, it's €224 and I get it in February. If I get it from the UK site, it's around €12 cheaper and I get it before Christmas.

Parcel Wizard would require a €12 - €15 charge because of dimensions (rather than weight) but seems reasonable not to wait 3 months for your new toy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm stupidly and excitedly considering the Karu.
    If I buy it now from the EU site, it's €224 and I get it in February. If I get it from the UK site, it's around €12 cheaper and I get it before Christmas.

Parcel Wizard would require a €12 - €15 charge because of dimensions (rather than weight) but seems reasonable not to wait 3 months for your new toy.

Be careful ordering to parcel Wizard as the service is closing on December 11th. If delivery is after then you will have problems.

Thank you for your advice. I've heard a lot about this (and completely believe you) but it's such a big statement from Parcel Wizard. It'll really mess up customs for many.

Cheers for the advice.
    I wonder will that mean (if shipped from the UK) that we'll pay for our ovens on arrival.

Just got an email to say my pizza oven is on its way! Now I need to start looking up pizza dough recipes for beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 colinmis

When did you order Strawberry? I ordered a Karu yesterday and getting it delivered to the inlaws in Belfast.

I have big plans to use the break over Christmas to perfect my dough

I ordered the karu too. We have loads of hardwood at the house so made more sense than buying the pellet one. You also have the option to change to gas too if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just got an email to say my pizza oven is on its way! Now I need to start looking up pizza dough recipes for beginners.

Download the PizzApp or the Ooni app for dough recipes,and keep an eye on this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057609472

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I really wish I hadn’t seen this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Ooni Koda 12 ordered from uk site delivered yesterday.

Refund from EU site was quick and faultless too, cannot wait to get stuck into this!

I ordered the Karu on the 30th November from the EU site, with a projected delivery date of late-February.

It is currently in the UK, after being dispatched from the Netherlands on the 10th December, so it was dispatched well before its due date.
    I hope that it is delivered this weekend, but if not I'm sure to be eating pizza next week.

Pricey purchase, but a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I have that model too, it's great craic. I've used wood, charcoal and gas and the results are outstanding. You'll surprise yourself.

Mine arrived last week. It’s still in the box as we’ve decided to make an “outdoor room” (that’s my lah dee dah word for whatever we build as I can’t think of the correct word :D).

I have stocked up on OO flour and yeast though. Loads of it in SuperValu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Is it still 20% off? I’ve been making my own pizzas for about 6 years now but all in a conventional oven but thinking of pulling the trigger on this if still 20% off, does it come off at checkout. I presume the outer body has some sort of cool touch finish?

Unfortunately, it is no longer -20%. This was a week long sale from Black Friday (week) to shortly after Cyber Monday.
    I can't seem to find you a discount elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Is it still 20% off? I’ve been making my own pizzas for about 6 years now but all in a conventional oven but thinking of pulling the trigger on this if still 20% off, does it come off at checkout. I presume the outer body has some sort of cool touch finish?

I can send you a 10% off link. It is a referral one that gives me a 10% voucher for my next purchase too for full disclosure.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Mine arrived last week. It’s still in the box as we’ve decided to make an “outdoor room” (that’s my lah dee dah word for whatever we build as I can’t think of the correct word :D).

I have stocked up on OO flour and yeast though. Loads of it in SuperValu.
    Which supervalu did you get this in, my local one never seems to have it. Cheers

• Advertisement

epopnomis wrote: »
    Which supervalu did you get this in, my local one never seems to have it. Cheers

I’m in the North West

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/food-cupboard-null-caputo-00-red-long-fermentation/p-1483707000

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

I can send you a 10% off link. It is a referral one that gives me a 10% voucher for my next purchase too for full disclosure.

Hi

I'm just about to buy one - can you send me your code and i'll use - thanks

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Hi

I'm just about to buy one - can you send me your code and i'll use - thanks

PM sent

The website says that delivery of new orders is February. Would it not be worth waiting to see if they have a Boxing Day sale? I’d say delivery times would fr the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Sorry is that north west of Dublin or Ireland... :p

epopnomis wrote: »
    Sorry is that north west of Dublin or Ireland... :p

:D Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The website says that delivery of new orders is February. Would it not be worth waiting to see if they have a Boxing Day sale? I’d say delivery times would fr the same.

Yeah I would wait to see if anything happens on the 26th. No guarantees but its only 2 weeks away. If not ask on thread for a referral code which would give you 10% off
    I ordered the Karu on the 30th November from the EU site, with a projected delivery date of late-February.

It is currently in the UK, after being dispatched from the Netherlands on the 10th December, so it was dispatched well before its due date.
    I hope that it is delivered this weekend, but if not I'm sure to be eating pizza next week.

Pricey purchase, but a bit of fun.

It is pricey at first but since owning one from summer 2019 Id say Ive cooked about 50 pizzas on it. Pizza for me up until then was always a takeaway as I dont like the frozen offerings in the supermarkets, they're generally all 5 out of 10 efforts. At a tenner a takeaway pizza I could easily have spent 500 euro over that time but instead with the Ooni they are just a fraction of that price and just as tasty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Thanks for that Thephantomsmask. Think I will wait until the 26th to see if there is a sale but if not I will defo be back to you. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Can I get a referral too please

• Advertisement

davidm20 wrote: »
    Can I get a referral too please

Pm'd you

Advertisement