Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

After a strong first week to the season the Orioles suck again

The crowd go wild when Chris Davis is at the plate willing him to get a hit, any hit will do !

Great game again today. Another come back on the cards.

Chris Davis gets a hit.....!!!! (and a couple of RBIs to go with it).

And his average jumps to .029.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Seeing a piece of fielding like that reminds me why I love the game so much

Chris Davis gets a hit.....!!!! (and a couple of RBIs to go with it).

And his average jumps to .029.

On fire now as he hits a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Blake Snell broke his toe while trying to move a decorative stand in his bathroom

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/snell-breaks-toe-in-strange-bathroom-mishap

I still the Mets are going to lose out because of their depth. Their 1-4 starters and 1-5/6 in the bullpen are up there with the best but you don’t get through a season with only using your 5 opening day starters and 7 relievers. And from what I’ve watched this Spring, the next pitchers in line are a big drop off.

I didn't expect to be right about the Mets pitching depth when it's still April but Flexen is stinking out the place today in the place of deGrom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I still the Mets are going to lose out because of their depth. Their 1-4 starters and 1-5/6 in the bullpen are up there with the best but you don’t get through a season with only using your 5 opening day starters and 7 relievers. And from what I’ve watched this Spring, the next pitchers in line are a big drop off.

I didn't expect to be right about the Mets pitching depth when it's still April but Flexen is stinking out the place today in the place of deGrom

Looks like I made the right call, hitting the boozer instead of watching this. Juding from the updates I'm getting from the At Bat App, this is one ugly pitching performance. Let's hope Degrom issue is nothing serious.

What should the baseball equivalent of an o.g. be called?

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1120056829768294402

(at least it wasn't his head like Conseco)

After opting out of his minor league deal with the Yankees, Gio Gonzales has signed with Milwaukee.

He was decent enough when he pitched for them towards the end of last season but overall not much of an upgrade I wouldn't say.

What should the baseball equivalent of an o.g. be called?

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1120056829768294402

(at least it wasn't his head like Conseco)

Seems to be becoming a thing

https://deadspin.com/mallex-smith-just-straight-up-swatted-austin-hedgess-fl-1834261634

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Looks like the long wait for Vlad Junior is finally over and he is headed to the big show on Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Coeus wrote: »
    Looks like the long wait for Vlad Junior is finally over and he is headed to the big show on Friday...

Slash line in Triple A so far this year: .360/.429/.640

Triple A last year: .336/.414/.564

Double A last year: .402/.449/.671

....do you think he's ready?

Coeus wrote: »

Blue Jays game is free on mlb.tv today.

He went 0-for-3 and then got a lead off double to start bottom 9th and was taken out for a pinch runner. Blue Jays got the walkoff on a home run straight after.

His swing is really something else.

Talking of walk offs, Tim Anderson was at it again for the White Sox, complete with extravagant bap flip again!

https://twitter.com/NBCSWhiteSox/status/1121991180017971201

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

He went 0-for-3 and then got a lead off double to start bottom 9th and was taken out for a pinch runner. Blue Jays got the walkoff on a home run straight after.

His swing is really something else.

The Jays are at .500 28 games in. I did not think that would happen, got to be honest. Nice to see a relatively young team doing well and enjoying their baseball. Vlad looks great! Even his fielding at 3rd isn't shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Its a struggle for the Nats, game after game. Momentum never seems to be close. Win one lose one. There are alot of injuries to the lineup at the moment but the bullpen is shocking. Been our problem for years, never addressed it properly.

I think with theplayers coming back if we can stay close enough then the division is still open but at the moment its frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭boccy23

The NL East are all playing poorly. Strange as the popular opinion originally was that 3 teams from this division would get into the Postseason.

boccy23 wrote: »
    The NL East are all playing poorly. Strange as the popular opinion originally was that 3 teams from this division would get into the Postseason.

I dont know anyone who thought 3 teams from the NL East would make the playoffs, just based on how tough the division is it will be tough to put up high win numbers.

They are all struggling though at the moment. Atlanta I thought would be better, the Phillies have been pretty good if a little inconsistent and the Mets have been far better than I thought they would be to be honest.

I dont know anyone who thought 3 teams from the NL East would make the playoffs, just based on how tough the division is it will be tough to put up high win numbers.

They are all struggling though at the moment. Atlanta I thought would be better, the Phillies have been pretty good if a little inconsistent and the Mets have been far better than I thought they would be to be honest.

No, if you looked at some of the expert picks, they had one of the Phillies, Nats or Braves winning the division. And based on the perceived poor teams in the West and Central, I had seen plenty of predictions with three teams getting in.

boccy23 wrote: »
    No, if you looked at some of the expert picks, they had one of the Phillies, Nats or Braves winning the division. And based on the perceived poor teams in the West and Central, I had seen plenty of predictions with three teams getting in.

Not sure what your arguing here , I clearly said that I dont know anyone who thought 3 teams from the NL East would make the playoffs. I'm not saying there werent people who made that prediction , just not anything I seen. In addition all the best prediction websites I've seen(538 par example) have had 3 from the NL Central - Cubs, Brewers and Cardinals making it. so really not sure where the perception of poor teams in the Central comes from.

It’s been a weird start to the season. Never mind Boston struggling, defending champions getting off to a slow start is probably common enough but look at the ERAs of some of the ‘star’ pitchers. DeGrom, Syndergaard, Scherzer, Sale, Kluber, Cole, Carasco all have much higher ERAs than you’d expect.

S.I. reporting this morning that a fan is as likely to catch a ball as an outfielder is which is crazy.

One thing about the NLE struggling is that they’re all tightly bunched together so whichever one sorts it out quickest might be able to take control. Nice races developing in most divisions, even if it is very early still.

Its a struggle for the Nats, game after game. Momentum never seems to be close. Win one lose one. There are alot of injuries to the lineup at the moment but the bullpen is shocking. Been our problem for years, never addressed it properly.

I think with theplayers coming back if we can stay close enough then the division is still open but at the moment its frustrating!

3 players under 21 homering in the one game is something to be optimistic about though isn’t it?

Bullpen is shocking though I’d agree. Not much better up in Queens though!

Not sure what your arguing here , I clearly said that I dont know anyone who thought 3 teams from the NL East would make the playoffs. I'm not saying there werent people who made that prediction , just not anything I seen. In addition all the best prediction websites I've seen(538 par example) have had 3 from the NL Central - Cubs, Brewers and Cardinals making it. so really not sure where the perception of poor teams in the Central comes from.

Not arguing, just my opinion that the NL East has not been as advertised.

The Phillies, Braves and Nats were thought to have been better at this stage.

That's all.

• Advertisement

3 players under 21 homering in the one game is something to be optimistic about though isn’t it?

Bullpen is shocking though I’d agree. Not much better up in Queens though!

To be fair I think your bullpen might even be worse than ours! And that's saying something.

Advertisement