Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Seeing as people were complaining about Ray Lewis speech, This is a proper hall of fame speech from Bob Uecker , broadcaster for the Milwaukee Brewers.

2:30 to 3:00 is the best bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Bob uecker is brilliant. I laughed watching it. Bob costas speech this year was good but a bit windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

2018 MVP Teddy Bridgewater?

Nope - Von Miller has that one already in the bag :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Nope - Von Miller has that one already in the bag

Funk y'all
    Jeff Heath #38 is the MVP
    Calling it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

2016 First Round Pick, (part of the Carson Wentz trade) WR Corey Coleman has been traded to the Bills from the Browns for an unspecified pick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

JRG lives by the rule keep throwing sh1t at the wall until something stick. Like someone who has a gambling problem got to take the small wins when they happen and make it look like you are an Epic gambler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

TO and Lewis, two speeches I'd no interest in listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Had to turn Moss' speech off after about three minutes. I can't handle the intense bible quotes and 'praise be Jesus' stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    JRG lives by the rule keep throwing sh1t at the wall until something stick. Like someone who has a gambling problem got to take the small wins when they happen and make it look like you are an Epic gambler.
    Ah come on now Toss - its pre-season - every fan should believe - we can't all be as grumpy as you ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans players dropping like flies, great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Completely missed the Packers signing Marcedes Lewis and not resigning Rodgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Patww79 wrote: »
    not resigning Rodgers.
    For a second there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Titans have been really lucky the last few years, but the Chargers are proper cursed by the looks of it
    Titans players dropping like flies, great!

Don't ever tempt the injury Gods.....!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Don't ever tempt the injury Gods.....!!!!!

yeha.. should have thought about that before my first post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Seeing all the chat about the Ray Lewis speech reminds me I bought his autobiography. There is almost more in it about his high school wrestling than football.

He is more proud of his wins in wrestling that what he achieved in football. Individual sport I guess, fair 'nuff

Even if you are a Ravens fan there are better Ravens books out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Seeing all the chat about the Ray Lewis speech reminds me I bought his autobiography. There is almost more in it about his high school wrestling than football.

He is more proud of his wins in wrestling that what he achieved in football. Individual sport I guess, fair 'nuff

Even if you are a Ravens fan there are better Ravens books out there. I wouldn't say it's a must read or anything. I'm trying to think of great stories in it that stuck with me and I've got zero.

Thought that was a good read myself, good insight into the behind the scenes operations. Feinstein is a brilliant author.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What are the best NFL books out there at the moment?

Loughc wrote: »

Kyle Shanahan's playbook!

(my apologies, I don't actually know)

This breakdown is damn cool and informative, however. Kollman knows his stuff. Really in depth stuff here on the Jags defenive scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Loughc wrote: »

Heard great things about take your eye off the ball
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25246289-take-your-eye-off-the-ball-2-0

I've bought a copy for myself but haven't gotten round to it yet :o

Another I've heard good things about is collision low crossers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I bought a copy of this https://www.amazon.com/Warren-Sharps-2018-Football-Preview/dp/1721539034

Its so detailed.. id recommend to all on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Any totally legal suggestions as to where one can watch Hard Knocks would be greatly appreciated

Guffy wrote: »
    Any totally legal suggestions as to where one can watch Hard Knocks would be greatly appreciated

Will be on Sky on Friday night if you want to wait that long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Actually just see that HBO have put the first episode of Hard Knocks up on Youtube.

EDIT: Ah they just made it unavailable. Shame, it was working for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

VillaMad wrote: »
    Actually just see that HBO have put the first episode of Hard Knocks up on Youtube.

EDIT: Ah they just made it unavailable. Shame, it was working for a couple of hours.

So a bit like he browns as a team then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Just after watching episode 1. Looks to me like Hue Jackson is very much in the Joe Philbin category of coaches - a really likeable guy who the players like, but not at all charismatic or authoritative. I think there needs to be an element of fear in a good head coach, and he just doesn't have it. Still, a really likeable guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I hope he's not like Joe Philbin. He came across as so weak on that series

Telling Matt Moore he would not be starter but couldn't tell him why, couldn't give areas to improve and just said that's how it is. Ok :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

next week on hard knocks

dumpster-fire.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Serious question. Can anyone tell me where i can get 10% interest for the next 7 years?

Man that was a dull episode. Cubb was treated like **** but the cameras never went back to him? 4 days of footage and the RB group showed nothing? Where was the footage of Calloway and higgens tearing it up? Although I guess there will be a lot more football footage next week.

I imagine Hue's losses had a lot to do with the episode's content. Condolances to the man but I honestly thought Haley was gona rip him a new one. I will honestly be surprised if he lasts the season. He appears soft imo.

"Bless em"??? Child please. Landry was so forced for the cameras. In saying that his attitude off season has been spot on that the lad can do what he wants.

Advertisement