Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kacy been taking lessons from Rick?
    Surprised they won.

So 3 quarters of Imperium now in NXT.

Thatcher has 100% record in the Fight Pit. Strange how both matches have been on the weekly show instead of a Takeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ciampa really needs to go to the main roster for a while, did enjoy the match vs Thatcher tho

No surprise whos Finn's partner is next week

Randomly, Ciampa and Thatcher were a team on 205 Live for the first round of the Dusty Cup. Seems they replaced the team of Adonia and Troy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The in ring this week was pretty good. Reed/Scott really good. Hardly a hot take but here but the show lacks energy, the uneasy partners thing throughout the Dusty Cup is repetitive and the Scarlett and Sam Shaw stuff (I've blanked on his name) are instant turn offs. At least there's actual wrestling matches on this WWE show though.

Got to love Angry William Regal, Barging in the door while an interview was taking place

The UE are getting a bit stale

• Advertisement

Io vs Toni vs Mercedes in a triple threat title match announced for Takeover on Feb 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

So Toni or Mercedes are pinning each other.

Or Io pin Toni so Mercedes can still claim she never lost. The Toni addition seems rushed and Toni pointing out how she beat Io at the MYC hints she's going to lose.

Since Marina Shafir is partnered with Zoey Stark for the Dusty Cup on 205 Live, I was wondering what happened with Jessamyn Duke.
    Looking up Wikipedia it seems she's now part of the Creative Team doing Digital content for UpUpDownDown

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Edge is going to be on Nxt

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Edge is going to be on Nxt

Must be bring your husband to work day :D:D

Very interesting, last year not many of us would of guessed Charlotte flair would challenge and win the NXT women's title. Hard to see Edge fight for the NXT title but some day id love to see Edge vs the likes of Finn, Adam Cole, Pete Dunne, Gargano etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

Edge vs Balor would be the more interesting match but I don't think it's happening.

Edge appearance a ploy to boost the ratings no doubt

Edges appearance works for me anyway, going to watch this week's episode live

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Edges appearance works for me anyway, going to watch this week's episode live

Hes teaming with damien priest v balor and o reilly. I usually watch aew live and nxt thurs night. Thats being swapped tonight

Hes teaming with damien priest v balor and o reilly. I usually watch aew live and nxt thurs night. Thats being swapped tonight

wow that sounds like a good match, lets hope it gets a bit of time before the enviable attack by Pat McAfee's group

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

wow that sounds like a good match, lets hope it gets a bit of time before the enviable attack by Pat McAfee's group

Ffs was sent that tweet about that match and turns out its a fake tweet. So ignore my above post lads 🀣🀣🀣

Suppose we have to delete all memory of Austin Theory been on the main roster last year. He has massive potential to be a star

So we have 2 NXT cruiserweight champions or is there an NXT CW champ and an NXT UK CW champion ?

Looking forward to Finn vs Pete Dunne, I'd be shocked if Edge actually picks an NXT title match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Cotts72

So we have 2 NXT cruiserweight champions or is there an NXT CW champ and an NXT UK CW champion ?

Devlin is technically CW champ, won't it before wrestlemania and covid. I guess technically escobar is interim champion

Also why is karrion cross after the CW title

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

Escobar is the interim champ until Devlin can travel again. Basically it's a plot point to be resolved later or forgotten about as necessary.

Would be nice if Edge did a video for NXT UK being annoyed that COVID made the decision for him over the prospect of a match against Walter, actually.

Yeah Devlin is the real champ and he brings it up about how they quietly dropped the "interim" from the interim champion.
    Speaking of Devlin, Trent Seven challenged him last week saying he would make the weight. Fair play to him if he makes it.

Was expecting Edge to acknowledge Beth, maybe even when talking about watching NXT just mention the commentary

We might get a CW title unification match for Takeover Dublin which is anyone's guess of when it finally takes place (if at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This Xia Li stuff is very different from the usual WWE video packages. They must be planning a big push with her...

It's really well done. Reminds of Mythic Tales in Ghosts of Tsushima.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Watched nxt UK for the first time this evening. Really like the grittiness of it, refreshingly different

Something seriously up with finishing outside the top 50 for the night in 18-49 on a show that had the Royal Rumble winner appear and tease going for the brand's World Title. There's something very very wrong with that.

Finished behind the NHL too, once the contract is up I'd be really surprised if NXT is allowed to stay on Wednesday Nights on USA. It's been a disaster, the ratings from last night ranks highly among the most damning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Am I missing something with Karrion Kross? I see very little potential there. Yet he seems to be highly rated by many. Maybe I haven't seen enough of him.

Meant to say that Kacy's big fancy finisher has already being kicked out of in its second appearance and seemed to be Dakota's fault for not breaking up the pin in time. Unless Raquel was meant to kick out by herself rather than lose to someone so small.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meant to say that Kacy's big fancy finisher has already being kicked out of in its second appearance and seemed to be Dakota's fault for not breaking up the pin in time. Unless Raquel was meant to kick out by herself rather than lose to someone so small.

That was Dakota being late on her spot.

The finish looks great til it lands. She comes down on her heels, whereas if she landed it as a senton it'd be so much better.

Advertisement