Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone running with a OnePlus phone?

• 16-01-2021 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Are you holding it in your hand or do you have a holder. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭py

ecdi wrote: »

Not a OnePlus owner but do have a large Android phone that I usually bring with me. This is it: https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/big-smartphone-running-armband-black-en-s162251.html

I've had it for 2 years now and still works without issue. I've the fluro colour which is only €5 right now, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ecdi

py wrote: »
    Not a OnePlus owner but do have a large Android phone that I usually bring with me. This is it: https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/big-smartphone-running-armband-black-en-s162251.html

I've had it for 2 years now and still works without issue. I've the fluro colour which is only €5 right now, well worth it.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

I would recommend getting a flipbelt. Keeps the phone tight against your waist - you don't notice it's there.

ciara1052 wrote: »
    I would recommend getting a flipbelt. Keeps the phone tight against your waist - you don't notice it's there.
    Does flipbelt hold a large phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Does flipbelt hold a large phone?
    The flipbelt will hold a oneplus phone no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

A flip belt type holder is by far the best solution to bringing your phone on a run. It keeps the phone tight on your waist and you wouldn't even notice that it is there. Arm holders are a real annoyance imo. The only thing better is leaving the phone at home which is the best solution (not always an option).

EC1000 wrote: »
    A flip belt type holder is by far the best solution to bringing your phone on a run. It keeps the phone tight on your waist and you wouldn't even notice that it is there. Arm holders are a real annoyance imo. The only thing better is leaving the phone at home which is the best solution (not always an option).

Agreed my arm holder won't stay put on my arm.
    I'm hoping the flipbelt will keep phone tight and not be flying all over the place. Ideally I would leave phone at home but need to play music

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I've the same problem, have an android with a clunky screen.
    I have a wind breaker with a pocket in the inside that's served me well but it's getting a bit tatty so I'll need to find something to hold the phone.

Can anyone that's used it tell me is the flipbelt waterproof or would I be better off leaving the phone at home if it's raining?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Flip belt fits my oneplus 6 fine. forget its there after a bit aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭BeginnerRunner

I .... uh .... I kinda like my freetrain vest.

Only thing I've used to carry a phone when running other than my hand, but does a perfectly good job imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sav1

I've the same problem, have an android with a clunky screen.
    I have a wind breaker with a pocket in the inside that's served me well but it's getting a bit tatty so I'll need to find something to hold the phone.

Can anyone that's used it tell me is the flipbelt waterproof or would I be better off leaving the phone at home if it's raining?

I use a Solomon one and it's not waterproof but when I have to bring my phone on a run I just wrap it in a small plastic bag and its been ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Probably not what the OP wants, but I much prefer running with just a smart watch. The Fossil one I have allows music to be loaded up to it and then I play music via my bluetooth ear buds.

So it's just a watch and earbuds, no extra weight flapping about as I run/cycle.

Tracks my heart rate and calories, GPS, etc.

Could be worth considering one day.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Probably not what the OP wants, but I much prefer running with just a smart watch. The Fossil one I have allows music to be loaded up to it and then I play music via my bluetooth ear buds.

So it's just a watch and earbuds, no extra weight flapping about as I run/cycle.

Tracks my heart rate and calories, GPS, etc.

Could be worth considering one day.

Yes this sounds ideal. I have a basic gps watch Garmin forerunner 35 it's perfect for what I want (except now I realize I'd rather one I can play music from)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yes this sounds ideal. I have a basic gps watch Garmin forerunner 35 it's perfect for what I want (except now I realize I'd rather one I can play music from)

another option, if you're happy with the Garmin watch, is to pick up a pair of Aftershokz Xtrainerz for the music. Again, you copy music onto them.

I use these when I'm swimming, but I've also run with them.

Not cheap, but they are a premium quality product and sound out of them is superb (sound is transferred along your cheekbones so you can hear surrounding noise like traffic).

You'd hardly know you were wearing them.

mrcheez wrote: »
    another option, if you're happy with the Garmin watch, is to pick up a pair of Aftershokz Xtrainerz for the music. Again, you copy music onto them.

I use these when I'm swimming, but I've also run with them.

Not cheap, but they are a premium quality product and sound out of them is superb (sound is transferred along your cheekbones so you can hear surrounding noise like traffic).

You'd hardly know you were wearing them.

I bought the Aftershocks Air 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I have a One Plus and use this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eono-Amazon-Resistant-Adjustable-Activities/dp/B08DR4LH3X

Its light, water resistant and goes to the front of your waist. I don't even know its there when i'm running, which is good.

Advertisement