16-11-2020, 21:50   #16
Fathom

Yo SuperRabbit. Long term. That's me. Dieting scheduled too. Comfort food reads great. Some fool was told to wear a mask before entering this coffeeshop. Commented "Let's get back to normal. Chat with friends without masks or distancing. If you're going to die, you will." I was biting my lip trying to not say anything. More so, I wanted to go over to him and **** him. But I cannot say that on boards, so use your imagination for the ****.
Advertisement
17-11-2020, 16:20   #17
Freedive Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRabbit View Post

Food is a great comfort to us and that is good and healthy. I don't know why "comfort food" became a bad word, dieticians these days are trying to fight back... of course food is a comfort. Sorry, off topic for the thread but on topic for forum so that's something.
It shouldn't be but the idea of comfort food of old, a hearty stew, Shepards pie, home made cake etc has been replaced by comfort food with high processing, take-aways etc, nothing wrong with a few take aways but the pendulum has gone so far the other way.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769828/
Plenty of evidence for the above but it's still up for debate, thats just one article and of course their will be some opposing the idea.
Thanks from:
19-11-2020, 21:50   #18
Fathom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedive Ireland View Post
It shouldn't be but the idea of comfort food of old, a hearty stew, Shepards pie
Cure for brain fog or not, shepards pie reads great about now Freedive.
(2) thanks from:
25-11-2020, 08:46   #19
The Black Oil

FYI.

Thanks from:
01-12-2020, 15:44   #20
Freedive Ireland

https://neurosciencenews.com/covid-19-brain-17345/
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-12-2020, 21:36   #21
Fathom

One chronic side effect. Sense of time. Late for appointments. Whole days disappear. Weeks vanish. All of sudden rent is due. Never before covid. Always conscience of time. Never late.
Thanks from:
02-12-2020, 09:22   #22
Freedive Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom View Post
One chronic side effect. Sense of time. Late for appointments. Whole days disappear. Weeks vanish. All of sudden rent is due. Never before covid. Always conscience of time. Never late.
Sorry to hear that Fathom, that must be very difficult to manage. Trying to put a positive aspect on it, if some sort of attenuation has occurred it's probable it can be reversed again but may need exercises to do so.
Best wishes.
Thanks from:
02-12-2020, 21:32   #23
Fathom

Yo Freedive. Thanks. Folks joke about it now. I laugh along. My super boss at university understands. Cuts me slack. To compensate, I use alarms. Guess I'm COVID long-termer.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion