Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Cure - 8th June 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭blue note

What is the easiest route to get to the concert if driving please?

I'll be walking :cool: sorry I can't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

They wont sell out Malahide, they can up the capacity to 35k
    Correction-capacity is 20k now it seems. They held 35k for Prince back in 2011, but different layout now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

No, Malahide is a disaster.
    Have a read here : https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107272688

That was one gig, and it only happened because a train broke down and a load of absolute gobsh1tes decided not to wait for it to be resolved.

Kilmainham would have been my personal preference but Malahide works just fine as a venue. Infinitely better than Marlay Park, for example.

Looking forward to this gig, never seem them live

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gre

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is there much of a cross section between the cure and Metallica? No cure can I know likes Metallica.

It's early, so I don't think I used a word right there.

I do lol

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

I booked a room in The Grand yesterday on a rumour I heard it was Malahide. Same room is 120 more today!

Nice handy stroll to the gig for me (assuming I get tickets).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What makes you think it'll sell out quickly? A whole bunch of prospective attendees are going to a different gig so that cuts into the speed of sales.

I thought it was Kilmainham. Malahide at what, 20,000, might not though.

Agree about Slane most likely affecting sales alright, I'm one such fan myself, although I haven't decided 100%, but leaning that way for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Don't mind Malahide logistics-wise. Went to Gorillaz there this summer (great gig) and didn't find it too much of a bother, small bit of a trek and wait for DART after but all in all not bad.

My one experience of Slane is Foo Fighters a couple of summers back. Was an absolute slog, gig was fine but the bus to/from and the long walk to the stage itself was awful. It was pouring rain though, so between being wrecked and then having to trudge onto packed buses covered in mud it probably made it worse.

Weather does play a big part. Fingers crossed for a scorcher in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

skD13 wrote: »
    I booked a room in The Grand yesterday on a rumour I heard it was Malahide. Same room is 120 more today!

Nice handy stroll to the gig for me (assuming I get tickets).

Win.

That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Was my first big gig in the RDS in 1989, 30 year anniversary gig is nice of them.

Best gig ever - my take on it

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

tickets about to go on sale...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Got 2 standing tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

I hate verified by visa.. Had 2 and dumped me out

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Got two as well. No gold circle crap.

Get innnnnnnnn.

I have "show me show me show me!" going around in my head in Smith's warbliest of voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭wobert

got 2 tickets through tm app.
    had tm open on my pc as well but wasn't having any luck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Got 2. Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I hate verified by visa.. Had 2 and dumped me out

I had 2 and it kicked me out, said my tickets are safe it was just after I put in the CCV, have an email to say thanks for purchasing. Presume it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Website was very slow this morning.
    Wonder if there was big demand, or if any other big gigs were going on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Got one finally through good old Internet Explorer after being kicked out with one in my cart.

Started with Edge - that is still searching
    Then tried App - got one then got dumped out adding to cart. That is still searching.
    Tried Chrome - still searching
    Then tried IE and got one in about 10 seconds.

So much for the TM queue system.
    Mad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tickets in the bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Got mine after about 10 - 15min wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Got 2 as well after a wait. The app is really buggy for me, eventually got through on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

I had 2 and it kicked me out, said my tickets are safe it was just after I put in the CCV, have an email to say thanks for purchasing. Presume it's ok.

Same thing happened to me. Email said I've bought two tickets. Won't be deleting that email until I have tickets in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

UsedToWait wrote:
    Website was very slow this morning. Wonder if there was big demand, or if any other big gigs were going on sale?

George Ezra went on sale at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Got 3 but was waiting for 15 mins which made me very nervous. Roll on 8 months time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got two now no issues, almost forgot about it entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

George Ezra went on sale at the same time.

That figures.
    Couldn't get my head around a load of Cure heads being on the ball at 9am sharp!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got the 4 I was after within 2 minutes.
    I did have a minor panic moment when it booted me out after I put in my CCV number thankfully the tickets stayed.

Now to chase up the mates for the money they owe me!

Roll on June 8th.Hoping for some glorious sunshine so I can relax and enjoy a few pints while plonked in the grass prior to the main event .Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Wtf? I had a ticket and when I tried to confirm my purchase, it tells me they're unavailable. Are they sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

It would appear as if this might have just sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Coming up as sold out for me when I check

Advertisement