Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

s8n wrote: »
    They have played twice since that night. Once in the Olympia (97 I believe) and the RDS indoors in 2008

It's actually three shows. The Olympia on the Adore Tour in May 1998 and on the Machina Tour in November 2000 and, as you say, the RDS in 2008. Plus Billy Corgan in the Ambassador in 2005 where the very brief burst of the Today intro got the biggest cheer of the night.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What about something like this

Volbeat
    Black Star Riders
    Judas Priest
    Disturbed
    Metallica

A few other bands could easily replace someone on that line-up

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What about something like this

Volbeat
    Power Trip
    Overkill
    Judas Priest
    Metallica

A few other bands could easily replace someone on that line-up

Swapped out Black Star Riders & Disturbed for Power Trip & Overkill.

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators are also plotting European Tour dates for next year, after Slash wraps up his GN'R duties in late November.

I was going to say the Big 4 for Slane but Slayer are finished this year and Them and Anthrax are playing in Nov

Pearl Jam, as mentioned Slash and Co, Fleetwood Mac, Judas Priest, Bon Jovi are expected to play Europe in 2019

Of course there's lots of whispers of Garth Brooks coming again

Massive amount of gigs for me for the last 3 years and my bucket list has truly been emptied but I can always fill it back up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators are also plotting European Tour dates for next year, after Slash wraps up his GN'R duties in late November.

You'd think he could afford a few years off after the GnR tour!!

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    You'd think he could afford a few years off after the GnR tour!!

I don't think he's a guy who knows the concept of time off. If he's not touring, it's writing or recording an album, or something with films.

I don't think he's a guy who knows the concept of time off. If he's not touring, it's writing or recording an album, or something with films.

Honestly thought Slash and Co would fade away when Slash went back to GNR but I was wrong. They seem stronger than ever

Last time I saw them was in Vicar st in 2010 when they were only starting off. Hopefully ill see them next year. Great music

Honestly thought Slash and Co would fade away when Slash went back to GNR but I was wrong. They seem stronger than ever

Last time I saw them was in Vicar st in 2010 when they were only starting off. Hopefully ill see them next year. Great music

I think Slash would've wanted to keep it going regardless of him going back to Guns N' Roses. Thankfully when Guns wrap in November and Axl presumably swans off with AC/DC, it's full steam ahead for Slash ft. Myles & The Conspirators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I was going to say the Big 4 for Slane but Slayer are finished this year and Them and Anthrax are playing in Nov
    Slayer are playing Hellfest 2019 man.

• Advertisement

Swapped out Black Star Riders & Disturbed for Power Trip & Overkill.
    Overkill are here in March 2019 unlikely to be on tour cycle so soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭mrk75

s8n wrote: »
    They have played twice since that night. Once in the Olympia (97 I believe) and the RDS indoors in 2008

It's actually three shows. The Olympia on the Adore Tour in May 1998 and on the Machina Tour in November 2000 and, as you say, the RDS in 2008.  Plus Billy Corgan in the Ambassador in 2005 where the very brief burst of the Today intro got the biggest cheer of the night.
    Crikey. Not sure how I missed those....

Anyway, fingers crossed they'll make it over during this "reunion" of sorts. I hear they're playing three hour shows...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,098 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It's actually three shows. The Olympia on the Adore Tour in May 1998 and on the Machina Tour in November 2000 and, as you say, the RDS in 2008. Plus Billy Corgan in the Ambassador in 2005 where the very brief burst of the Today intro got the biggest cheer of the night.

Did they not play the Point in like 95/96?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Glastonbury has never been about the headliners though, it sells regardless. in order for Metallica to play slane, they would realistically need to shift 50,000+ tickets, which nobody not named Sheeran has been able to do here in a while.

Slane has an element of people who will go regardless of the line up which helps to bump sales.

If Metallica were announced for the Saturday of the June Bank Holiday (for example), with a solid undercard and if the weather gods were in favour in the week leading up to the gig, you'd definitely get 55,000 - 60,000.

Behemoth to play Vicar Street in Dublin next February, with support from At The Gates & Wolves In The Throne Room as supports.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

PCros wrote: »
    They would need the likes of Korn, Slipknot etc. supporting to even think about selling out Slane.

They would also need a time machine to go back to when anyone cared about those bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

They would also need a time machine to go back to when anyone cared about those bands.

Hardly, sure both of those bands played the 3 Arena in 2015 and pulled in 12k+ people...that added with Metallica would be attractive.

Obviously as mentioned above 1 or 2 more bands to seal it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

PCros wrote: »
    Hardly, sure both of those bands played the 3 Arena in 2015 and pulled in 12k+ people...that added with Metallica would be attractive.

Obviously as mentioned above 1 or 2 more bands to seal it.

3Arena is a hell of a lot more convenient that Slane though, which is a big factor.

I've gone to a lot of concerts in the 3Arena (and Dublin in general) where I wouldn't even class myself as a big/die-hard fan of the band/artist playing.

Whereas with Slane, it would be to be someone I would be dying to see before I would even consider going.

Convenience is a big ticket-seller!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

JaMarcus wrote: »
    3Arena is a hell of a lot more convenient that Slane though, which is a big factor.

That's a fair point indeed.

I think ticket pricing will also play a factor - never mind the figure Metallica would be asking for, the other bands mentioned in this thread would also command a decent fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Mushy wrote: »
    Did they not play the Point in like 95/96?

Yes, May 1996, but that was already mentioned. We were talking about shows they've played since that one. If we're being completist, they did also two shows in the SFX in August 1995. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Advertisement

Yes, May 1996, but that was already mentioned. We were talking about shows they've played since that one. If we're being completist, they did also two shows in the SFX in August 1995. :)

Missed that bit. They'll likely have a euro tour next year if their two Euro shows this year go well. Setlists look great so would be interested if day/price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

https://www.eatmytickets.com/en/bruce-springsteen-2019-tour-dates-how-to-book-tickets

so the jist of this article is that they talked about it but they didn't talk about it. I'll keep hoping anyway

Arghus wrote: »
    That they're going to play Slane?

No chance mate. I'll literally bet you 100 euro.

No joke.
    Nope that they play the larger field.

I'll take that bet may as well be for a Metallica ticket.

3arena,Malahide,Marlay,Kilmainham,Iveagh Gardens you win.

Phoenix Park,RDS,Slane,Aviva,Croker I win?

Obvs they have to come summer 2019.
    ozzy jr wrote: »
    And if they don't come, €50 each to a charity of your choice.

Yo Arghus

So taking the bet or not?? ;)

Yo Arghus

So taking the bet or not?? ;)

So it's Slane then ?

So it's Slane then ?

Won't know till at least September if they're coming at all.

Just there seems to be an upsurge in discussion lately and poster never responded after his talk of betting was up to be accepted he disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Just there seems to be an upsurge in discussion lately and poster never responded after his talk of betting was up to be accepted he disappeared.

I am still here.

If Metallica end up playing Slane/Croke Park I'll pay out. I'd seriously be stunned if they think they'll shift the 80,000 tickets or so required to fill either of those two.Though the upsurge in talk is starting to make me doubt myself, but a lot of talk and wishful thinking does not make something necessarily so. They are a huge band, but I don't think they've the pulling power to play either of those two venues.

Anywhere else I think they could just about do it, though the Aviva could be stretch for them at fifty thousand.

Tbh the stones didn't sell out CP this year but they still went ahead with it and they got a good crowd and atmosphere there

Maybe there thinking Metallica might be the same and they will accept a quarter full venue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

If Metallica play another outdoor venue here, I'm fcuking off to Europe to see them indoors, why fcuking bother with outdoor venues, they're just ****

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    If Metallica play another outdoor venue here, I'm fcuking off to Europe to see them indoors, why fcuking bother with outdoor venues, they're just ****

I think the tour next year is all stadiums/outdoor.

It's clearly not worth their while playing indoor here, they'd have done it otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Talk ? where ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement