Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not really, no. That said nobody else is either if it comes down to it. I think they may give it to EC3 to establish him as a big deal straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He'd be able for it but in terms of giving your all he shouldn't be in both really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Unless him pulling double duty does lead to something like him pulling the 2nd match out of the bag or something, but him pulling double duty and losing both matches it's a bit pointless

Agreed if they want Undisputed to drop the titles then just call out the injury. I just think they'll have them hold on for a while. Not much to be gained from having AOP win them again, and unless they're keeping Pete Dunne around full time I don't see where else they're going.

They should keep Pete around but that's a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Triple H has revealed the NXT North American Championship on his twitter. It's... different.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/981245222649675776

There's a picture of it if you wanna see. It won't let me spoiler an image so it's a good bit down the page. Don't scroll down if you want to avoid it.

north-american.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mod note: split 2018 posts off from the 2017 thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Post mania call ups

Who do u think will be called up to the main roster ??

I can see almas losing at takeover and going too SD next Tuesday, AOP debuting on raw to challenge new tag champs Braun/???, think a few more will go up but can't think who

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the rumoured draft, the call ups may wait til then with returns from the likes of Joe happening Monday.
    I'm wondering who'll represent at the Battle Royal.
    But yeah, I think AoP will be up soon, though they seemed to make surprise call ups in previous years like Corbin, Elias and Apollo.
    Billie and Peyton will probably be in the Battle Royal then proceed to the main roster.
    I don't see Gargano losing so he's probably staying in NXT.
    One guy who could make his way to the main roster is Drew McIntyre. Think he's due a return around now.

On another note, how do people think a women's tag division in NXT would go? Would be a good way to get more exposure for the women instead of having weeks or months between appearances for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hope Iconic get called up. Any of the snippets I see of them, they can actually do comedy which is a serious rarity in WWE and more so in the women's division.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wouldnt be suprised if sanity gets called up too

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    I hope Iconic get called up. Any of the snippets I see of them, they can actually do comedy which is a serious rarity in WWE and more so in the women's division.

They’ve basically been written out of NXT so you’d expect they will.

sky88 wrote: »
    Wouldnt be suprised if sanity gets called up too

Seeing Nikki Cross being unleashed on the main roster will be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Woah did not see that coming in the Dusty Classic. One match in and the go home show already tops RAW and Smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

nazmoalex wrote: »
    Woah did not see that coming in the Dusty Classic. One match in and the go home show already tops RAW and Smackdown

Not being smart or anything, but it's not hard for NXT to top the main roster, an example the TakeOvers before big PPV shows. Plus they only have an hour of TV a week, so no time really for filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not being smart or anything, but it's not hard for NXT to top the main roster, an example the TakeOvers before big PPV shows. Plus they only have an hour of TV a week, so no time really for filler.

theyve also time to edit if anything is terrible as well as re taping stuff on the night of the tapngs

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Both very good points. In fairness the majority of the rest of the show was just video packages. Impressed with how they have booked the tag team title match considering the injury to one of the champs.
    Post was more a reflection of how disappointed I was with the go home shows on the main roster. As a casual NXT fan, the last show has me up to speed on everything. I don't know if you could say the same for Raw at least. Smackdown was slightly better, but still poor enough in my opinion.

I'd say that tag match change was more to lighten the load for Cole.

I know people have commented on non UK wrestlers fighting the UK champ in title matches, so find it funny that the first North American champion could be from Belfast.

I know it's the point of developmental, but AoP have improved a lot from when they first arrived. Was kinda strange seeing them against their partner from War Games

Debut to happen yet but name change for
    War Machine
    . Will now be known as
    War Raiders

Was sure when EC3 appeared that they were changing his name from how he pointed to the screen for each character. Thought they would then change to his new name, like Balor's (I think)did.

So when are the matches taped due this week? Is it before or after Takeover. Just if before and since they have the preshow, obviously it means even earlier than the preshow

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wrong thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Debut to happen yet but name change for
    War Machine
    . Will now be known as
    War Raiders

Was sure when EC3 appeared that they were changing his name from how he pointed to the screen for each character. Thought they would then change to his new name, like Balor's (I think)did.

So when are the matches taped due this week? Is it before or after Takeover. Just if before and since they have the preshow, obviously it means even earlier than the preshow

The pre show for Takeovers don't be live. They do the pre show, then the matches for tv before Takeover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So far as of 10th April 2018 NXT has lost the following stars to the main roster

Raw- AOP, Ember Moon and No Way Jose
    SD- will find out tonight, Almas is a cert to move up

Obv still a lot of talent on the NXT roster but come 2019/2020 who else is there when some guys like Black, Gargano,Ciampa, Undisputed Era, Ricochet among others move up to the main roster. Can we see the Independents/Lucha Underground/NJPW been looked at some of them brought into NXT in the coming months/year

Any predictions of who NXT will sign for the future ???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The current cycle and system will continue. NXT thrives on matches that can only happen there (in WWE) and may never happen again in that way. They will use people they develop and people from outside to keep it fresh.

Likes of Thatcher, Riddle, Lee, Yehi and Theory will all be on the radar as they are with Evolve.

Penta and Fenix will be looked at to fill the buzz roles but perhaps with no real main roster ambition from the start.

Ladies would be Toni Storm and Deonna.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The winner of the uk tournament at royal Albert Hall will face Pete Dunne the following night for the UK championship.

The first night will feature Pete Dunne and moustache mountain versus undisputed era.

And over the course of the 2 nights all nxt titles will be defended.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nixon newell had her first match after her injury and she tagged with Dakota Kai. I've seen good things about her and watched a documentary where she fought candice LeRae, and she's only 22 and I could be wrong but I think she could be huge in WWE.

I like what I’ve seen of her, which isn’t much, saw her in OTT once or twice and just a few clips of other matches. She seems to have a good personality and she’s a good looking girl too so there’s a lot of potential there.

Going by the photos with the matching ring gear, it looks like the team isn't a once off

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Going by the photos with the matching ring gear, it looks like the team isn't a once off

I saw that. Wonder if they’re planning a women’s tag division?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who would be the ready-made teams for a women's tag division?

Iconic duo.
    Mandy and Sonya.
    Riot Squad could do a New Day thing.
    Alexa and Mickie.

I was saying about the women's tag division before. I'd say would be limited to NXT. Main roster men's tag division isn't exactly treated well so the women's would go the way of TNA's.

As for the teams, Dakota/Newell is the only one for now. Billie/Peyton would be the only other pair and they're gone.

• Advertisement

Yeah I expect it could be a case of throwing two women together initially for a lot of teams if they were thinking of doing it. I don’t think there are many defined women’s tag teams even on the indies. It’s kind of a logical future development for WWE if they are treating the women the same as the men though. Maybe also a secondary women’s title eventually.

Advertisement