Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Tigger wrote: »
    Am I banns an if I am then is it for cheering whist I didn't do or for going off the rails which what I did do but ye hat to admit I was on a serious roll before I got accused of cheating.

Nobody thinks you cheated. But you did go off the rails and nearly ruined the game, then kept posting in the thread after! People put in a lot of time and effort to organise and run these games, that wasn't cool man.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

1b12ed065cec45ef6491a8e68e1c1fe7.jpg

Am I banns an if I am then is it for cheering whist I didn't do or for going off the rails which what I did do but ye hat to admit I was on a serious roll before I got accused of cheating.

no one has the right the ban you, and i found your posting style humorous but spammy at times.

your reaction was justified to a point but perhaps time to let it go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭tritium

Once its not first week of November id love a crack at WW4

Fresh as a daisy after this one!

Not sure how others feel but for what its worth ive no issue with tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

In like Flynn for the next one!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jaysus, this thread is busier than the game thread!!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

tritium wrote: »

Not sure how others feel but for what its worth ive no issue with tigger

None - even if the posting style can be a bit exhausting at times - but it does add some comic relief at times :)

But Tigger, you should respect the game rules and if there's a problem, real or perceived, this should be resolved with the Game Moderators behind the scenes.
    Posting after death etc. is not on - and while you only posted once in WWIII, you weren't participating in the game and you shouldn't have done that - I think it shows a lack of respect to the Mods (and the players) who have invested a lot of time in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Uriel. wrote: »
    None - even if the posting style can be a bit exhausting at times - but it does add some comic relief at times :)

But Tigger, you should respect the game rules and if there's a problem, real or perceived, this should be resolved with the Game Moderators behind the scenes.
    Posting after death etc. is not on - and while you only posted once in WWIII, you weren't participating in the game and you shouldn't have done that - I think it shows a lack of respect to the Mods (and the players) who have invested a lot of time in the game.

I'm sorry I posted in the ww111 thread I deleted it quite soon after and it was inexcusable.
    The posts I made in the other thread I can break into two types the ones on the night when I lost my temper and the ones afterwards
    The ones when I lost my temper I will not apology for and whether peop thinks them justified or not I think it's clear why it gappened.
    The other ones I wanted to get into tigger heaven. I don't get why I wasn't allows into the dead thread and was trying to coerce my way in. They told me if I stopped they would let me in afterwards if I stopped so I stopped and they didn't let me in.
    I'm not going to thank or post in your game anymore but I think it's only fair that if I'm banned the. I should t he'll ever mentioned in ye game either .

quickbeam wrote: »
    Jaysus, this thread is busier than the game thread!!

:)

Cos I'm here :D

no one has the right the ban you, and i found your posting style humorous but spammy at times.

your reaction was justified to a point but perhaps time to let it go now?

Hey Mini me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've no problem with Tigger being in - sure doesn't everyone deserve a second chance.

As someone posted earlier - his comical posting style can be sometimes fun and sometimes infuriating but it doesn't really bother me.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    I've no problem with Tigger being in - sure doesn't everyone deserve a second chance.

As someone posted earlier - his comical posting style can be sometimes fun and sometimes infuriating but it doesn't really bother me.

And you can all just shatter me or lynch me or stuff

EPxKDRxnGe-14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

well if we get the new forum section we would be able to enforce the rules better so maybe give him a second chance when we get the forum section all set out

Either I'm allows or banned sure I could just pm people if I'm gonna act up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you give your word that you won't flip out again then I think most people would be willing to play with you again, all we can go on is your word.

No one can ban you and we're here to play a game, not hold a grudge.

If you give your word that you won't flip out again then I think most people would be willing to play with you again, all we can go on is your word.

No one can ban you and we're here to play a game, not hold a grudge.

I do solemnly swear that i will not flip out again and that if I feel arrived upon I will close my laptop an trap you all in the dark

the-tigger-movie.png

Good enough for me

TRIGGER :D :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Mick Jagger.

Hunger games could be an interesting idea for a game with loads of teams and maybe a dead member could parachute one item into the game after they die.

Random idea Ive put no thought into similar to my WW game :cool:

Mick Jagger.

First person to get it or at least mention it :D

• Advertisement

First person to get it or at least mention it :D

I'm very clever (mad as a box of childminders tho)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Hunger games could be an interesting idea for a game with loads of teams and maybe a dead member could parachute one item into the game after they die.

Random idea Ive put no thought into similar to my WW game :cool:

Hunger games would be unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I'd like lord of the rings, but i will leave it up to the mods to decide. i'll happily play any theme

That's a cool idea.

I had a necromancer team that the priest must defeat, 33% chance of dead players becoming Skeletons, priest can check a grave each night to confirm skellys identities, and can only kill skellys at night. Priest trains two apprentices, one embalmer checks bodies of dead like normal priest, the other helps him hunt skellys, and can hunt on his own if the priest dies. If the necromancer is killed all skellys die, Necromancer wins if number of skellys + him is equal to number of villagers or wolves. Priest/apprentice can attack Necromancer at any time but will be killed if they attack wolves.

I think there was more to it I'll check back in a bit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

+1 for LotR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

I'll play again, I was wondering if there was a werewolves and vampires variant?
    Like the necromancy idea you could be killed or turned.

Okay this was the full Necromancer ruleset

Give someone a Necromancer role from the start. They have 33% chance of raising a dead player. Upon the game reaching day 5, announce the skellys have risen. The priest picks one grave to visit during the day, can choose a skelly to kill at night, only if confirmed skelly. If the Necromancer is killed, they all die. The skellys get once chance to kill the priest, if they miss their identities are revealed and the Necromancer will hopefully be killed next. Allow priest to train an apprentice priest called the embalmer, he handles the dead bodies, and the exorcist, who aids him in skelly killing.They can both attack the Necromancer at any time, if they attack the wrong person, the priest dies, skellys must be rooted out one by one by exorcist. The exorcist can't check graves unless the priest has died.

Not sure if that would be a game with one evil team or you'd fit it with wolves, I think it could fit but the wolves would pick up the necromancers identity soonish, and the villagers shouldn't be able to lynch the necromancer but votes need accounting for. Unless you don't reveal votes until the Necromancer is defeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Okay this was the full Necromancer ruleset

Give someone a Necromancer role from the start. They have 33% chance of raising a dead player. Upon the game reaching day 5, announce the skellys have risen. The priest picks one grave to visit during the day, can choose a skelly to kill at night, only if confirmed skelly. If the Necromancer is killed, they all die. The skellys get once chance to kill the priest, if they miss their identities are revealed and the Necromancer will hopefully be killed next. Allow priest to train an apprentice priest called the embalmer, he handles the dead bodies, and the exorcist, who aids him in skelly killing.They can both attack the Necromancer at any time, if they attack the wrong person, the priest dies, skellys must be rooted out one by one by exorcist. The exorcist can't check graves unless the priest has died.

Not sure if that would be a game with one evil team or you'd fit it with wolves, I think it could fit but the wolves would pick up the necromancers identity soonish, and the villagers shouldn't be able to lynch the necromancer but votes need accounting for. Unless you don't reveal votes until the Necromancer is defeated.

I like the idea of dead playa coming back, I like it more when its a surprise eg hidden role

Would that mean no dead room then, as dead players might come back with more info then they should have

Dead players wouldn't be posting in the main thread, they'd just be a numbers buff and to give flavour mainly. There would be a chat they could confer in to decide on who the priest is to attack him, that's it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Right, time for a plan.

Hope everyone is well.

Advertisement