Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BA (Hons) in HRM Strategy & Practice - NCI (part-time)

Options
  • 10-09-2015 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi all, would appreciate your help on this! Has anyone done this course? Just wondering on the overall workload etc. considering it's a part-time course? Is it tough going with exams, assignments etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Hi. It's only a new course. I'm starting this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

On Saturday? Me too! Decided to just go for it and get it done, it's only 2 years I suppose, could be worse! Bit nervous though!

Shadow1983 wrote:
    On Saturday? Me too! Decided to just go for it and get it done, it's only 2 years I suppose, could be worse! Bit nervous though!

Sweet ! Yeah its only 2 years and at least you'll have a level 8 !!! Yeah start Saturday as well. Pricey course though! Lol

It sure was! Have you got any idea where exactly we're supposed to go? I only applied on Wednesday so haven't got my offer letter yet, I'm presuming there are details on it for tomorrow?

Shadow1983 wrote:
    It sure was! Have you got any idea where exactly we're supposed to go? I only applied on Wednesday so haven't got my offer letter yet, I'm presuming there are details on it for tomorrow?

Room 3.25 for 10 O'clock :)

• Advertisement

Cheers! I thought we were in 9 to 5, extra hour in bed for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Hi Both, just wondering how you are both getting on with this. Would be interested in taking this myself next year

Thanks

Hi Paddy, it's going well so far, haven't dropped out yet anyway even though I found it a bit overwhelming to start with after being out of study mode for 10 years!!!
    It's on on a Tuesday & Thursday night from 6-10 and generally 1 Saturday per month. So far assignments etc. are manageable for someone working full-time, we're on our 4th module at the minute and I have to say it's flying in. Lecturers have been great so far, very approachable and accessible. Based on my experience so far I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you so much Shadow, that's great to hear. I'm definitely going to start it next academic year, I just wish I was able to start it sooner!

By the way, do you work in the field already? I do bits and pieces of HR in work, but not a dedicated HR person as such. Hoping to move in to the field fully though, plenty of jobs out there?

• Advertisement

I don't work in HR but like yourself would do bits and pieces in my job at the minute. There seems to be quite a few jobs out there but the majority of them are looking for the degree!

Yup, just as I was thinking myself. Thank you very much, you've been very helpful and best of luck getting the degree. I may be back asking you more questions when I start myself :)

No worries! Definitely feel free to ask me anything next September!!

Hi Shadow, just wondering how's it going.. Have ye had any exams yet?

On my way to our first one now as it happens!! Very nervous, it's been years since I've sat an exam!! I'm afraid my mind will go blank once I see the paper!!

Fingers crossed you'll do well.. Let me know how it goes!

Well it could've been worse, ran out of time near the end but I suppose that's better than being finished too early! Hopefully I've done enough to pass anyway!!!

Hey Shadow, did you hear anything about this being changed to 3 years? On their website the details look to have changed to 3 years anyways

No, I haven't heard anything but we're not back in til next week (another exam!!). Although I doubt they'd feel the need to tell us maybe. This is the first year they've run it as a two year course so maybe it's just not working out? Is there a price listed?

No, they haven't listed prices. In fact, the page just shows the basic headings but nothing else. I'm hoping it's a glitch

• Advertisement

Had a look and I see what you mean, website seems to just take you around in circles!

I would maybe email them and ask, or I see they're holding an open evening from 5-7 on Wednesday or on the 23rd from 10-1. If you're from / in Dublin you could pop in?

I'll pop along on the 23rd.. Thanks for that

Hi Shadow, they've now broken it down in to 3 phases, with each phase costing €3,800, so an additional €3,800 added to the price! Going to quiz them at open day tomorrow

Wow, that's steep! It's obviously just not working out with the 2 year plan then. It's a bit extreme to charge an extra €3800 though!!

That's what I thought. Pity I didn't know about it earlier. Would have enrolled for this year!

I know, I hope they don't plan on lengthens ours!! Definitely quiz them on it today, I'd be very interested to hear why it's changed!

Hi Shadow, how's the course going?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sparky321

Hi Shadow1983, can I ask how you found this course? I'm extremely interested in enrolling, but would love to hear how you are assessed i.e assignments, exams, presentations.. amount of time spent in class etc. Manythanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 don1998

hello can some one who did this course please let me know what it’s like?

• Advertisement
Advertisement