Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Down Under - RTÉ

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

When is this airing on RTE?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

They haven't said. Part of their new season PR announced today.

http://rteonenewseason.rte.ie/portfolio/guards-in-australia-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

All I have seen in the press releases is Autumn 2015 and beyond.

There is also another one called "recruits" that is a behind the scene look at the defense forces, that might also be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

Will look forward to both! Cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Six-part series starting Wednesday, 2nd September. 8:30pm, RTE 1.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Read that the Aussie cops hate the Brit/Irish recruits.
    One ex Brit cop wrote a book about his time in WA police, said there were the most racist people he ever worked with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Should be interesting - thought about it myself (also Canada and the USA) but was too old to apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Read that the Aussie cops hate the Brit/Irish recruits.
    One ex Brit cop wrote a book about his time in WA police, said there were the most racist people he ever worked with.

What book Jonjo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The Crime Factory
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/cop-spills-all-on-wa-police/story-e6frg13u-1226532858410

Also online police forums like policeuk.com are full of ex British police saying the same thing about Joining the police in Aus, they cant all be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

It would be an interesting watch.

I don't think I'll bother with "The Crime Factory" though. The author doesn't strike me as being either impartial or particularly perceptive and there is only one chapter on the Australian adventure.

Any cops I've had dealings with over here have been fair and professional.

• Advertisement

It would be an interesting watch.

I don't think I'll bother with "The Crime Factory" though. The author doesn't strike me as being either impartial or particularly perceptive and there is only one chapter on the Australian adventure.

Any cops I've had dealings with over here have been fair and professional.

I would tend to agree with hippie.

If what he is saying is true then he is really at fault as well by taking no action against his colleagues.

If I come across the book I will give it a read with an open mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

this video is unrelated to the RTE series but it's good if you understand Gaeilge

"Irish crimefighters..."

I know the title of the show means we're getting the full package, but I'd prefer more footage about the job than lifestyle stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Anyone have a link to last nights episode on YouTube?
    Watched episode one on YouTube last week but can't find anything now

And rte player is out of the question

Thanks

I know the title of the show means we're getting the full package, but I'd prefer more footage about the job than lifestyle stuff.

Its not all sun, fun and gun play, so I'm told.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/29500477/woman-arrested-for-throwing-dog-poo-at-policeman/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Watching it now. It's good but is also quite cringe worthy in places.

Importing a dog is expensive...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

I wonder where they all on now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Down under i presume.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

The lad in that video above is back in Ireland in the guards once more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Hear a lot of them end up coming back to ireland