Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Superior Spider-Man Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Yes, way back in Amazing #700 there was a scene in which Peter (still alive and in Ock's body) encountered Charlie and told her what was going on. She of course didn't believe him but I do believe she was shown having remembered that scene around #4 of Superior and was starting to get suspicious.

@delta36, this superior situation won't last forever so just enjoy the ride for now. By the time Amazing Spider-Man 2 is in cinemas Peter will be back in his body...

... having said that there is speculation of Marvel doing a company style reboot along the lines of the "New 52." I know it's nothing more than speculation at present however if they did end the Marvel Universe with Superior still in Peter's body, that victory would essentially stand to Ock's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't Marvel Now basically their reboot attempt with everything going back to Number 1?

And I think rebooting Spidey so soon after One More Day wouldn't be a great idea since that was a reboot in itself in how it brought dead characters back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Going by the latest issue it seems
    Everyone suspects Peter is not himself. Did his classmate/girlfriend meet Pre-Ock Peter?

Nope. He only met her when he joined the class to get his doctorate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Going by the latest issue it seems
    Everyone suspects Peter is not himself. Did his classmate/girlfriend meet Pre-Ock Peter?
    Yes, way back in Amazing #700 there was a scene in which Peter (still alive and in Ock's body) encountered Carlie and told her what was going on. She of course didn't believe him but I do believe she was shown having remembered that scene around #4 of Superior and was starting to get suspicious.
    Thwip! wrote: »
    Nope. He only met her when he joined the class to get his doctorate

Opps, looks like I was confused there. I though CastorTroy was referring to Peter's girlfriend Carlie Cooper, didn't realize you meant the lady Ock is currently in class with.

Yeah I wasn't sure if his classmate was his girlfriend. I think I remember them kissing at least though don't remember if they just remained friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The more this goes on, the more I'm enjoying it. I just hope the eventual split with the Avengers isn't dragged out over all 7000 Avengers comics (which are really turning me off the whole series after reading it for years)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Wasn't Marvel Now basically their reboot attempt with everything going back to Number 1?

And I think rebooting Spidey so soon after One More Day wouldn't be a great idea since that was a reboot in itself in how it brought dead characters back.

I don't think Marvel Now was a reboot. From what I can tell most continuity has carried over. It's more a creative reboot. Getting new people on different books (Benids off Avengers, On X-men.) With loads of X-men & Avengers books.

I would say Peter and MJ will be allowed to get back together when Peter comes back. Since Peter was "Dead" and that some how breaks the contract with Mephisto.

I'm really enjoying this story and dying to know who the Goblin King is. It seems to easy for it to be Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

i havnt read the last few issues yet and am about 20 issues behind on venom, but i heard venom is getting cancelled so i assume he'll feature in some spiderman arcs when that happens. which made me realise, venom actually shared peters consciousness with him for a bit, so i reckon it could be venom who blows the whole thing wide open, whether sensing its not peter or bonding with ocks mind and then realising it for sure

So is Venom good or bad these days?

Last I bothered with Venom, he was Flash Thompson doing coverts ops, but there was hints of the symbiote taking over. Granted, that was issue 2 or 3, so I'm well behind. I heard he's coming back in about 3 issues to Superior for about 4 issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm really loving Superior Spider-Man, but I'm kind've put off by Doc Ock being in Peter's body. I realize it's probably been done before, but if I had to choose i'd rather just have the old Peter Parker/Spider-Man with a darker personality, kind've like Daredevil during the Shadowland story.

The reason why I say this. I've always kind've loved those times when Spider-Man has been kind've darker in the past, like when Mr Negative tried to corrupt him. But most times that have always been pretty short. I've always wanted to see the writers sort of flesh out the idea of a darker version of Spider-Man without the limitations he places on himself. That would have been my choice for Superior Spider-Man. The idea of Doc Ock kind've puts me off, because he is still a villain at the end of the day and I find it hard to accept him as Spider-Man.

But I guess for that to happen, they'd have to take into account the idea of Spider-Man/Peter Parker killing criminals like Massacre and doing immoral stuff, which would kind've taint Spider-Man's character a bit. I know a few hardcore Spider-Man fans wouldn't like that one bit, and prefer to keep Peter's innocence intact.

Either way, I am enjoying the story, and I do like the Peter being in Green Goblin theory made by one of the other posters on this thread.

Also things that give me a good chuckle when reading Superior Spider-Man
    1. "The Die is Cast"
    2. Spider-Man being a ar*ehole to other heroes
    3. The way he gets angry whenever someone touches him(Wolverine, Cap America, Thor etc)
    4. Kingpin being scared of Spider-Man(Not funny but satisfying)

I'm curious as to when he'll regain his body, will he remember any of what he's done and what will become of everything Ock has built like Parker Industires and his relationship with Anna. Though maybe they'll end those things somehow before Peter regains control so then it won't be so bad. Though he will still have to deal with any fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Just seen on the Big Bang's Facebook page that there's an Amazing Spider-Man 700.2 out, what is the story with these does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

L.S.F wrote: »
    Just seen on the Big Bang's Facebook page that there's an Amazing Spider-Man 700.2 out, what is the story with these does anyone know?

Five issue flashback miniseries, I believe.

Does it tie into the ongoing story?

Nope, they're essentially Untold Tales of Peter Parker: The Amazing Spider-Man

Thwip! wrote: »
    Nope, they're essentially Untold Tales of Peter Parker: The Amazing Spider-Man

Worth collecting these few issues in your opinion?? Haven't bought any Superior or any comics in the last 6 months

L.S.F wrote: »
    Worth collecting these few issues in your opinion?? Haven't bought any Superior or any comics in the last 6 months

They're not game changers by any means but they're fun and you can't say no to some Peter, plus some great covers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Parker's back.

spiderman12n-1-web.jpg

I am shocked. He looks quite similar to the current Spider-Man though. It could get confusing.

:D

• Advertisement

Flicked through the latest Superior while I was in the Big Bang the other day, is the Ock/Symbiote story any good? Plus hoe did it happen?

Despite not getting the comic last few months I have started coming accustom to Ock as Spidey. We all knew Peter would be coming back to Spidey role but would of liked to see ock in a longer run, only a year as Superior and he made a good lot of improvments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Introbaby

I seen the new Amazing Spider man 1 advertised recently. Haven't read a comic in a while, would people recommend this as a good jumping on point?

Not keeping up to date on the other characters, but since they were in the last couple of issues could someone please explain
    why Wolverine lost his healing powers and why Iron Man is now black and gold?

Not keeping up to date on the other characters, but since they were in the last couple of issues could someone please explain
    why Wolverine lost his healing powers and why Iron Man is now black and gold?
    the black and gold armour is one he uses as an earth bound representation of himself whilst he's with the Guardians of the Galaxy in space. Underneath the mask is a screen

So think we're nearing the end of this now. Will actually be strange when it ends. I was surprised I enjoyed it so much and now the Goblin arc is really picking up.

what number are we on at the moment? Want to catch the last few issues of this before the change

Number 30 is out this wednesday coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I liked it at the start but it was getting a bit boring before the Goblin stuff started to kick off.

Varik wrote: »
    I liked it at the start but it was getting a bit boring before the Goblin stuff started to kick off.

Yeah, I skipped issues 15-26. It got fairly boring but Goblin Nation is a good arc. Superior Spider-Man was definitely a brave and original idea but I think Slott is kinda overrated as a writer.

• Advertisement

Just finished 30. A bit anti-climactic, I thought, but I'm enjoying the arc overall, but compared to the start of it, it definitely lost some of its impact as time went on.

Advertisement