Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

A win is a win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Any positives from the match

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭jack67

yea won

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    Any positives from the match

McCormack looked sharp. Doyle is fit. No further injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

jack67 wrote: »
    yea won

That’s always positive.
    I’m assuming that they took the foot off the pedal in the second half and paid the price (we only have 2 gears, flat out and full stop)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

The second half performances have being a worry all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

That performance was an absolute disgrace playing a one man full forward line against Wicklow probably the worst Wicklow team in 30 years Cian O Neill is absolutely clueless and needs to resign immediately or this season is another write off any other team in Leinster would have beat us on Saturday. Why are our defenders so weak? Why can't we defend against players running straight at us? The Wicklow no.8 destroyed us in the 2nd half by simply running directly at our defence why is Paddy Brophy being picked he was horrible again on saturday was horrendous over the league

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Great to see the two Kildare championship matches live on TG4 yesterday some great performances from players not being considered for county duty.

Some score by James Kelly on the wing. Carbury left the game behind them.

Leinster MFC Rd 3:

Kilkenny 0-5 Kildare 1-12

Longford at 11/4 is an appealing prospect this weekend im afraid.

• Advertisement

D7W4VC0X4AAfIAL?format=png&name=small

Flynn for Jimmy Hyland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gave away some bad goals yesterdays, just run at us and you cause us problems, same old story.

Lucky enough in the end to get another shot.

It was a strange game. We could have won it handily and yet we would have had few complaints if we had lost. Same old problems in defence. We are wide open when teams run at us. It has been an issue since 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

It was a strange game. We could have won it handily and yet we would have had few complaints if we had lost. Same old problems in defence. We are wide open when teams run at us. It has been an issue since 2012.

On top of that we definitely lack a killer instinct. We had a decent lead against Wicklow & it ended up tight because of slack defending, same again on Sunday. Not sure if it's complacency but we had a 6 point lead a few mins into the 2nd half & a 3 point lead in the 1st half of extra time & squandered both. We really should be winning from those positions & ended up lucky not to concede a point in the last minute of normal time

I know we'll always say goals are avoidable but the 3 we conceded on Sunday were really poor. 1st was from a Longford kick out against the wind that fell over our midfielders & it seemed like the half back line were caught completely cold & they came right through us. The other 2 goals were keeper errors IMO with the kick out mistake & not catching/clearing the high ball

Scoring was really good from both teams & 1st half was very enjoyable to watch but our defense is so shaky when put under any form of pressure

I wonder will CON consider changing the goalkeeper. Aaron O'Neill is still eligible for the u20s and the policy last year was the hold those players back for the underage team.

Even with the mistakes I'd be surprised if he changed the keeper with only a week between the games. I've only seen a bit of Aaron O'Neill play but would like to see him get a chance, if he's good enough he should be in the team

U20s team playing Dublin in the Development League tonight:

D7uC2mgXYAAasTu?format=png&name=small

U20s team playing Dublin in the Development League tonight:

D7uC2mgXYAAasTu?format=png&name=small

Kildare 0-14 Dublin 2-14

Dublin threatened to run away with it in the first half. Kildare came back into it in the second. There were a few changes from the team listed above. Kildare had probably 2/3s of their first choice playing. Further games against Kerry and Cork upcoming before the championship first round against Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

See you all next weekend, well a few of you anyway

An improvement yesterday on everything that has gone before this year. The forward potential is there to do a bit of damage but we still look vulnerable to pace and direct running back the field.

• Advertisement

Much better yesterday, aside from the first 15 mins! Defense looked much more solid. Moolick & O'Grady coming in definitely helped tighten things up, I'd imagine they'll stay in the team for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah, a decent performance in the end.

I don't think Dublin have looked the unstoppable force they've been in recent times, unfortunately I can't see us being the ones to stop them but let's hope we give it a good go.

Yeah the defence tightened up nicely for this game it's clear they worked on that during the week I think we just have to be competitive for as long as possible next Sunday we won't win but if we can keep it competitive we'll have done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

The evergreen legend Johnny Doyle kicking 3 points from the bench. Proof that class is absolutely permanent.

Into the final against Meath on the 23rd of June and a game I will be trying to catch to see JD play again.

D8e-vF3XoAAhM3d?format=png&name=small

Leinster MHC Quarter Final:

Kildare 1-23 Offaly 1-20 (AET)

Brilliant result. We were down to 14 men for most of the second half of normal time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Come a long way since i played Kilkenny underage. Lost 11-19 to 1-02!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 premiertipp

Kildare 1-23 Offaly 1-20 (AET)

Leinster MHC Quarter Final:

Brilliant result. We were down to 14 men for most of the second half of normal time.

Historic day... Lads never gave up... Fought on with 14 men in second half... Deserved goal to draw the match.... So proudðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Advertisement