Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

Plenty of info on flight options if you search this thread

Tickets for all Ireland games still available!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

I amn't going over but I had briefly thought about it. The cost was insane, something like 5.5k for a week I think or a bit more?

Is that the kind of costs you guys are paying?

€800 for flights LH/ANA through Frankfurt (15.5hrs), Tickets €6/700 (incl Neutral games), Accom €200 & Internal Flights €280.

Lucky enough to have Family in Tokyo so the accommodation cost is only for the matches outside Tokyo for me, Thats two nights in Osaka and 3 in Fukouka.

Trying not to think about spending money for now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I amn't going over but I had briefly thought about it. The cost was insane, something like 5.5k for a week I think or a bit more?

Is that the kind of costs you guys are paying?

Our costs are nothing like that, granted we are doing things a little on the cheap at times.

Flights were c. €650 return, flying with aeroflot through Moscow, there is a 14 hour layover in Moscow on the way over so using this an an opportunity to see Moscow for a day which will be nice. Only a 2.5hr layover on the return leg.

Tickets were around €350 I believe which is a bit expensive considering we are only going to two matches, going to see if we can sell tickets for the two other group stage matches.

We've using airbnb exclusively for the 4 of us, so that's in Tokyo x2, Kyoto and Osaka, possibly Hiroshima, that's tbc. Total cost per person is around €300 in accommodation for 11 days which is great.

Japan rail pass is €240 for the one we need, (7 days), will pay as we go outside this but that will only be around Tokyo.

So around €1500 costs before we head over, all that's left is food and drink and maybe a bit of shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Myself and herself are going from 10-29 October. Expected costs looking something like this:

Flights - €1,560 (Air France via Paris - booked back in December)
    Accommodation - €2,090 (17 nights)
    Match tickets - €1,370 (5 games total - 1 group game, 2 qf & 2 sf)
    Transport - €1,300 (estimate, which includes JR rail pass for duration of trip)
    Food/drink/other - €2,300 (estimate)

Total between two of €8,620, so €4,310 each for the 2.5 weeks.

Accommodation prob the main spot we could have saved a few quid on - staying in good 3/4 star hotels and includes a couple of nights in traditional Ryokans also. Was nervous about Airbnb so didn't want to risk it.

Match tickets include big money for the two quarters and two semis also. Could conceivably sell the tickets for the games Ireland don't get to, but probably won't. Did the same for RWC 2015 and really enjoyed the buzz of the neutral game we were at.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

FYI there's tickets appearing in the portal now.

Ireland - Scotland Cat B's were there, also QF+SF for our pathway as group winners. Seems to be singles showing mainly.

If you've got a few k spare there was a hospitality package for the final for 275k JPY

Edit: Just saw this has been mentioned already today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Essielo

troyzer wrote: »
    We got them during a black Friday sale so nearly a year in advance. We were watching like hawks. You'll pay a bit of a premium now for being late but you're only talking a few hundred more, all other costs will be roughly the same.

We're flying Cathay Pacific, it's 12 hours direct to Hong Kong and then 4 hours to Tokyo. That's pretty much the most direct route, I don't know where you've seen 14 hour times.

You're always going to lose a bit of time, not so much coming back because of time zones.

Me and a mate got flight with Finnair via Helsinki for about 1k...4hrs dub to helsinki 2 hr layover then 9hr overnight flight to tokyo!not the cheapest but pretty efficient route and times suited!

Have tickets for 2 likely qtr finals for ire then semi final 2 and the bronze final...hoping to pick up final tickets as we there for that wkend might as well!!Tickets work out the guts of a grand for mostly cat b and c.

I booked hotels for match wkends on booking.com ages ago so got em pretty reasonable. Need to finalise itinerary for between match wkends..will prob get railpass and hit up Kyoto, Hiroshima,Mt Fuji. Aiming to rough it in between match wkends to keep costs down!capsule hotels look handy for that!

All in all for about 2.5wks or so its not working out near as much as the packages for similar lgths that ive seen.

Cannot wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think my mate and I only booked our flights two weeks ago. 740 return in Emirates. A380 from Dubai to Tokyo, which I am exited for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Cat B for the Scotland game was available earlier. About €170.

It looks like its gonna be very hard to get rid of tickets I don't need. Which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

errlloyd wrote: »
    It looks like its gonna be very hard to get rid of tickets I don't need. Which is annoying.

What have you got?

• Advertisement

troyzer wrote: »
    What have you got?

Scotland and Russia Cat Ds (I prefer behind the posts anyway). Couldn't justify going for so long, so decided to just do two weeks and go Samoa and Quarter Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Managed to get 1 cat D for Samoa and 2 cat C for QF 4 yesterday.

I added my 2 QF tickets 1 by 1 so they'll probably not be beside each other but we'll see.

I could be wrong but I think the main problem is people still have tickets in their baskets and they haven't paid for them. This means they're being held back and are unavailable. I know he site says you've 30 minutes to complete your transaction but I don't think your basket is automatically emptied. I had a QF cat B in my basket yesterday for over 8 hours, never thought you had to clear your basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Brozy wrote: »
    Managed to get 1 cat D for Samoa and 2 cat C for QF 4 yesterday.

I added my 2 QF tickets 1 by 1 so they'll probably not be beside each other but we'll see.

I could be wrong but I think the main problem is people still have tickets in their baskets and they haven't paid for them. This means they're being held back and are unavailable. I know he site says you've 30 minutes to complete your transaction but I don't think your basket is automatically emptied. I had a QF cat B in my basket yesterday for over 8 hours, never thought you had to clear your basket.

It doesn't at all empty automatically!

Between the initial ballot and the one in November I still had "tickets" in my basket and I had no idea!

It meant I was stopped buying anymore for any games.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TripleSSS

I got my tickets all for the Samoa match, QF4 & SF2 - all Cat C for €450 yesterday. They seemed to become available as singles as ye have mentioned above.

Looking at going the 10th to the 28th..flights coming in at around €777 return? Is that a decent price? Flying into Osaka and out of Tokyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

This ticketing is ridiculous, tickets available, you add one and it tells you there is no availability because they are in someone's cart that apparently never gets emptied. Do I need to write a bot to retry for 30 mins, in the hope of timing it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

TripleSSS wrote: »
    I got my tickets all for the Samoa match, QF4 & SF2 - all Cat C for €450 yesterday. They seemed to become available as singles as ye have mentioned above.

Looking at going the 10th to the 28th..flights coming in at around €777 return? Is that a decent price? Flying into Osaka and out of Tokyo.

That's a good price. Go for it

That’s a great price. Finnair?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

This ticketing is ridiculous, tickets available, you add one and it tells you there is no availability because they are in someone's cart that apparently never gets emptied. Do I need to write a bot to retry for 30 mins, in the hope of timing it right?

Not sure, it's a farce of a system. Managed to get 2 cat C's to Samoa there as couldn't get another cat D.

If you click into the my tickets section, you can see the seat row and number. Neither set of tickets are next to each other but are close. I presume a lot of people will be in the same situation so swapping won't be an issue.

Just keep trying. Log on a few times a day and try to add them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The website is fairly crap.
    I've noticed that if you have tickets for a match in your basket and search for a different match it will always tell you no tickets are available .
    Clear the basket and search and they are available .

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TripleSSS

Chris871 wrote: »
    That’s a great price. Finnair?

Yeah Finnair going out.

Coming back on the Monday 28th - Japan Airlines from Toyko to Osaka and then BA to London and Dublin.

Think I'm going to book now.

• Advertisement

Yeah Finnair going out.

Coming back on the Monday 28th - Japan Airlines from Toyko to Osaka and then BA to London and Dublin.

Think I'm going to book now.

Nice short route, both JAL and Finnair are great to fly and good price.

Doubt you'll get much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Is anyone going the package route with Killester/Stein/RugbyIreland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Dav010 wrote: »

Yup RTI myself, quarters and semis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I am going to the last. 2 pools games and the QFs with RTI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Dav010 wrote: »

Couldn't afford it. Going my own way. Half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The website is fairly crap.
    I've noticed that if you have tickets for a match in your basket and search for a different match it will always tell you no tickets are available .
    Clear the basket and search and they are available .
    Probably a defence measure against bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

Is anybody else having difficulty putting tickets in their basket. I am getting " ticket request exceeds availability" on everything I try. This includes games with high availability of tickets. My basket is empty. Any explanations welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Did I read something about RWC 2019 clamping down on the resale of tickets - does this mean I can’t buy them off sites like Seat Wave etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

andymx11 wrote: »
    Did I read something about RWC 2019 clamping down on the resale of tickets - does this mean I can’t buy them off sites like Seat Wave etc?

There will be an official RWC 2019 resale site (going live on Friday I think) so people can buy/sell there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Advertisement