Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sky88 wrote: »
    Gargano/ andrade is up there with my favorite matches of all time only 2nd to hbk/taker for me

Yea it was perfect storytelling imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Takeover card taking shape now. Spoilers for this week's NXT and NXT UK
    Gargano vs Cole for the vacant NXT title
    Shirai vs Sane vs Belair vs Baszler
    Dunne vs Walter for NXT UK title
    Dream vs Riddle for the North American title (likely)
    Forgotten Sons or Ricochet/Black vs War Raiders

I know who won't be taking a pin in that line up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Really have too catch up on NXT

My interest went astray when the call ups happened a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So those 2 matches are now confirmed for Takeover as of this week's episode
    Dream vs Riddle
    War Raiders vs Ricochet/Black

Also it seems all the lesser seen women are just getting matches to be attacked

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's gonna be sad when Dream is getting no reaction on the main roster. Guy is dripping with charisma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Was just about to post the video above it’s absolutely incredible video a must watch

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It is and hopefully it all works out for him with the surgery. I didn’t know about the issues he and his wife had trying for a kid. The second part will be even better. I hope he’s at mania weekend if not obviously in ring.

I think we can all forget there normal people in the end and have normal lives with troubles just like the rest of us

Don't think I can ever look at him as a heel again after watching that. Calling his daughter "the real Goldie" was adorable.

Neck stuff is so serious, a young career like Jason Jordan's seems to be over because of neck issues. Really hope he can make it back.

• Advertisement

Will watch that Ciampa video later but speaking of real life, saw the new WWEPC video on this week's NXT

Their youtube page seems to have a lot of videos to check out

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seeing the shot of the men and women together in that video reminds me how naturally the women seem to have moved up in NXT and deserve the place alongside the guys. The main show still seems like it's forced. Though I think that's because they keep shouting about everything they do on the main roster from the rooftops.
    Like if the women's match closed Takeover, nothing would be said about it, apart from maybe the same type of people who probably cancelled their subs after the WM main event was announced

Bianca winning and Shayna moving up seems like a cert.

Pretty much just a Takeover recap with a couple other matches thrown in this week, but looking forward to next week when
    Velveteen Dream takes on Buddy Murphy for the NA Championship. Want to see how Buddy does outside 205

Expected them to not let Kushida use the BttF look/names but all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Expected them to not let Kushida use the BttF look/names but all there.

Glad they did, was a good debut. Hope to see him cross paths with Kyle O'Reilly and Ricochet again at some stage, his matches against them in the BOSJ were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mauro has signed a new contract by all reports to stay on as lead announcer.

Just said on this week's NXT that Percy Watson has left WWE and replaced by Beth Phoenix on commentary.

War Raiders going by their new name. I guess it means that if they lose, they can say The War Raiders are undefeated.
    Seemingly Roderick Strong stabbed Riddle in the side/stomach going by the fact there was blood

Wasn't expecting a Takeover to be on a non PPV weekend. June 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Had to laugh at Angelo Dawkins getting on the Tag Champs.

''Viking Raiders.... if that is your real name.''

• Advertisement

Seems the tag titles were vacated after all. The Takeover card as of now is:
    Cole vs Gargano
    Riddle vs Strong
    Dream vs Breeze
    Fish/O'Reilly vs Lorcan/Burch vs Forgotten Sons vs Street Profits in ladder match.

I'm sure Shirai will be Shayna's opponent

I find it kinda strange seeing Kairi rocking out to Slipknot in the new opening. She looks out of place doing it. And that's speaking as someone who never looks like he belongs at a concert,for the same reason.

Oh and is the timing for a Saudi wrestler appearing this week a coincidence?

Looking forward too takeover tomorrow

Cant beat wrestling on a sat night

11pm- Target NXT takeover
    11.30pm- pre show
    12pm- main show
    2.30am- Triple H on the road too mania doc

Great seeing ciampa on the pre show

sky88 wrote: »
    Great seeing ciampa on the pre show

Yeah cleared for non contact activity

Another international takeover being announced during the show apparently.

Riddle is so good

No lights on the crowd is cool. Makes it look like a more intimate venue but still loads of noise from the crowd.

This is a great start

Tremendous match

• Advertisement

There must be something in the water at NXT. Brilliant match.

Advertisement