Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Campervan insurance - under 25

• 11-05-2019 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey,

Just looking for some information regarding insuring a campervan in Ireland.

I'm 21 and hoping to purchase a van to renovate into a campervan. As far as I'm aware, two Irish companies insure campervans, and I don't meet the requirements for either (age requirement of 25+ for one and to have held driver's licence for minimum of 5 years for the other).

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in navigating around this ie. possibly getting the van insured under someone else's name or getting it insured abroad?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Getting it insured under someone else's name is fronting, is fraud and insurers are well wise to the practice at this stage.

You can technically get insurance with a foreign based insurer but you are unlikely to do so. There is a reason new insurers are not entering the Irish market, it's a basket case currently.

Tbh you are a massive red flag for insurers and i imagine the only way you will get insurance is via the declined cases agreement and at that you will pay through the nose for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Also, converting a standard van into a camper will require an engineers report before any prudent underwriter would grant cover.

Advertisement