Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reading Club

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

For our next book we're reading Joe Gould's Secret by Joseph Mitchell.

Meeting on Thursday, January 12th to discuss.

Happy New Year folks!

For our next book we are reading The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero and Tom Bissell, detailing Sestero's time working on cult film The Room.

The book is currently being adapted for the screen by James Franco. If you're interested in joining us to discuss we'll be meeting on Thursday 2nd February at 8:30pm in the Library Bar of Central Hotel to discuss.

Hi. For our next book we are reading The Sympathizer by Viet Thang Nguyen and winner of last year's Pulitzer Prize for fiction.

If you're interested in joining us we'll be meeting on Thursday 23rd February at 8:30pm in the Library Bar of Central Hotel to chat about it.

We're reading the Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead for our next book.

Meeting in the Library Bar on Thursday March 23rd at 8.30.

For our next book we're reading It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis.

Meeting on Thursday April 13th in the Library Bar to discuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Earthhorse wrote: »
    For our next book we're reading It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis.

Meeting on Thursday April 13th in the Library Bar to discuss.

I actually got that book yesterday for 99p on Amazon but my brother is getting married that day, it's Holy Thursday.

Hoping to come along next time.

Ah, I didn't realise it was Holy Thursday actually. It's always possible to talk about previously chosen books at future book clubs though obviously the focus is mostly on the current pick.

Congrats to your brother, hope you both enjoy the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Victoria21

I think I'd also like to get involved in this .

Cool. Well, the details are all there so pop along to whatever meeting suits. If you have any questions though feel free to PM me here.

Next book is The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes.

Meeting on Thursday May the 11th at half eight in the Library Bar to discuss.

• Advertisement

For our next book we're reading Life After Life by Paddy Armstrong of the Guildford Four.

Meeting June 1st at 8:30 in the Library Bar of Central Hotel.

For our next book we're reading My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout.

Meeting Thursday June 22nd at 8:30 in the Library Bar of Central Hotel to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

We’re reading Ishmael by Daniel Quinn next. Meeting on Thursday 1st February at 8.30 in the Library Bar. As always, newcomers are very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Earthhorse wrote: »
    For our next book we're reading My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout.
    Been a while since we updated the thread and we're back to reading Elizabeth Strout, this time it's 'Anything is Possible'.
    Meeting is Thursday 9th May at 7.30 and as a one off we're meeting in the bar of the Davenport as the Words on the Street event is happening around Merrion Square that evening.
    As always new members are welcome, just send a message if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Next book is Metropole by Ferenc Karinthy.
    Meeting 18th July at 7.30 in Library Bar.

Advertisement