Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Yes new club is outside home county, in the online transfer form there is no option to put minor in the information on "last championship game played". Only Senior/Intermediate/Junior, never played any adult grade with previous club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Gael85

Anonymou wrote: »
    Yes new club is outside home county, in the online transfer form there is no option to put minor in the information on "last championship game played". Only Senior/Intermediate/Junior, never played any adult grade with previous club.

Can leave that blank. Once have address and name of clubs transferring to and from will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Gael85 wrote: »
    Can leave that blank. Once have address and name of clubs transferring to and from will be ok.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭cw girl

Is there a club near to Rathgar that runs a ladies football team for mothers & others? I’ve contacted St Jude’s & Ballybioden through Twitter but no response. Portobello don’t have a team. Also have I missed cutoff time for a transfer?

cw girl wrote: »
    Is there a club near to Rathgar that runs a ladies football team for mothers & others? I’ve contacted St Jude’s & Ballybioden through Twitter but no response. Portobello don’t have a team. Also have I missed cutoff time for a transfer?

Portobello have a ladies team but not team for mothers. Round Towers Clondalkin have a ladies team for mothers.

• Advertisement

Portobello have a ladies team but not team for mothers. Round Towers Clondalkin have a ladies team for mothers.

Thanks a million, was hoping for something a bit closer but I’ll give them a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

cw girl wrote: »

Templeogue Synge Street have a team and play in Bushy Park. Any further details PM me or send a tweet/ fb mail to our social media pages.

Templeogue Synge Street have a team and play in Bushy Park. Any further details PM me or send a tweet/ fb mail to our social media pages.

That’s great, I’ll send a PM - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RiCriostoir

For people in Wexford looking to join a hurling team,

There is "Na Fianna (Clonard) previously known as Clonard GAA.

They have a junior B team and train twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Paulyobrien

Anyone interested in trying there hand at coaching/management BALLYFERMOT DLS are trying to recruit coaches for the adult 1st and 2nd team. Anybody interested can call me on 0862189173

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Chinesegrass

Hi I am looking for a hurling team to join, work in Charleville so a team anywhere within 20 minutes drive of here would suit me. Living near Limerick city so also willing to look into teams there. From South Tipp originally and would of played at a high standard in my teenage years but have not trained or played since minor (I am now 23, turning 24 in september) and am very out of shape due to several years of no exercise and a bad lifestyle. Looking to play a bit of ball and get fit whilst enjoying myself in the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Hi I am looking for a hurling team to join, work in Charleville so a team anywhere within 20 minutes drive of here would suit me. Living near Limerick city so also willing to look into teams there. From South Tipp originally and would of played at a high standard in my teenage years but have not trained or played since minor (I am now 23, turning 24 in september) and am very out of shape due to several years of no exercise and a bad lifestyle. Looking to play a bit of ball and get fit whilst enjoying myself in the process!

My cousins are down in Effin near Charleville can get some details if you are still looking lad. Send me a pm if you are and il get a number for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chinesegrass

My cousins are down in Effin near Charleville can get some details if you are still looking lad. Send me a pm if you are and il get a number for ya.

Pm sent there man thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ThomasC94

Hi,

I've been living up in Dublin the past year and a half and I want to get back into playing football and feel better now than never. I'm 25 haven't played in 5 to 6 years I live on collins avenue extension (close to the Ballymun road).

If anyone has any recommendations or advice on where to join (or when as I'm not sure of the club calendar in Dublin) I would really appreciate.

Thanks
    Thomas

ThomasC94 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been living up in Dublin the past year and a half and I want to get back into playing football and feel better now than never. I'm 25 haven't played in 5 to 6 years I live on collins avenue extension (close to the Ballymun road).

If anyone has any recommendations or advice on where to join (or when as I'm not sure of the club calendar in Dublin) I would really appreciate.

Thanks
    Thomas

You should try Rosmini Gaels. Think they play in Poppintree Park. Don't have contact detail no but google them or see if have a social media page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ThomasC94

You should try Rosmini Gaels. Think they play in Poppintree Park. Don't have contact detail no but google them or see if have a social media page.

Thanks Gale85!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

USA
    Youth Hurling & Camogie in Southeast New England ;
    +Mass & Rhode Island

Getting a youth club started here in Bristol, RI USA. Hopefully I can find someone who is interested in helping w/the basic football skills as well. I'll introduce them to the sport as soccer is huge here so would be a shame not to have a FB team but I'm in no position to teach much more than rules & the very basics. I haven't played soccer since I was 9 or ten.

Anyway, it's an ongoing project, I'm currently working on support/funding mainly through small grants, sourcing indoor and outdoor facilities, working on an orientation/introduction w/the local newspapers sports writer. And of course interested kids & parents. A longer term goal would be to get an adult panel & w/a large university in town, it shouldn't be too tough provided I have others who know the game by then.

Anyone w/any knowledge of starting clubs, of the game and an interest in helping(or learning to help), parents w/children who may be interested or have questions.

As many parents I've met with don't have money to purchase helmets & hurls for an unknown sport that their kids may not stay with, I'm working on getting enough gear to have a loaner program w/option to purchase or to sell owned gear back to the club.

love to hear from anyone interested in any capacity. Thank you. kyle
    grep@gmx.us

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    USA
    Youth Hurling & Camogie in Southeast New England ;
    +Mass & Rhode Island

Getting a youth club started here in Bristol, RI USA. Hopefully I can find someone who is interested in helping w/the basic football skills as well. I'll introduce them to the sport as soccer is huge here so would be a shame not to have a FB team but I'm in no position to teach much more than rules & the very basics. I haven't played soccer since I was 9 or ten.

Anyway, it's an ongoing project, I'm currently working on support/funding mainly through small grants, sourcing indoor and outdoor facilities, working on an orientation/introduction w/the local newspapers sports writer. And of course interested kids & parents. A longer term goal would be to get an adult panel & w/a large university in town, it shouldn't be too tough provided I have others who know the game by then.

Anyone w/any knowledge of starting clubs, of the game and an interest in helping(or learning to help), parents w/children who may be interested or have questions.

As many parents I've met with don't have money to purchase helmets & hurls for an unknown sport that their kids may not stay with, I'm working on getting enough gear to have a loaner program w/option to purchase or to sell owned gear back to the club.

love to hear from anyone interested in any capacity. Thank you. kyle
    grep@gmx.us

Best of luck with it, far as I know usgaa have funding for folks setting up a hurling team to supply equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Best of luck with it, far as I know usgaa have funding for folks setting up a hurling team to supply equipment.

Thanks much. I've tried to get in touch with the appropriate person @ USGAA but never got a reply. I'll have to keep trying. Emails to the GAA w/some general questions got forwarded about until being replied to and given some further contact info (went nowhere) by a familiar name in The Camogie Association(?) somehow. Not sure how that happened given she didn't hold any position in the GAA. Was kind of her nonetheless. Thanks & good luck to all here.

Available to anyone nearby to meet & introduce to the sport or just get in a play time.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    Thanks much. I've tried to get in touch with the appropriate person @ USGAA but never got a reply. I'll have to keep trying. Emails to the GAA w/some general questions got forwarded about until being replied to and given some further contact info (went nowhere) by a familiar name in The Camogie Association(?) somehow. Not sure how that happened given she didn't hold any position in the GAA. Was kind of her nonetheless. Thanks & good luck to all here.

Available to anyone nearby to meet & introduce to the sport or just get in a play time.

What is the nearest existing club to you? You're only about an hour or so from Boston in RI, right? Maybe get in touch with some of the clubs up there to get some advice. No idea if they'll be helpful or not, but worth a shot. Any of the clubs that are relatively young will probably be able to give good advice on getting going.

• Advertisement

St James Gaels/An Caislean 2020

Club Name:St James Gaels/An Caislean
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played: Adult Football League 11 South
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or killianfoley@outlook.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are seeking new members to join our club. We are interested in players of all abilities, first time footballers and players looking to get back playing again. Many of our players are first time Gaelic football players of all ages.
    We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. Also 17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities.
    This is our second team, we compete in Adult Football League 11 South, which is currently the lowest adult football league. Our first team compete in Adult Football League 7 and are also recruiting new players. Training for AFL11 team will take place on Monday evenings in the Iveagh Grounds. Matches are played on Sunday afternoons or Thursday evenings during the summer. The season runs from February to September.
    We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand.
    We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year. So all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    https://www.facebook.com/StJamesGaels
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/home/club-shop
    Pre -Season will commence in January
    Contact - killianfoley@outlook.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CSHC

Civil Service Hurling Club 2020

Club Name:Civil Service Hurling Club

Code: Hurling

Level played: 2 Adult Hurling teams both competing in the Dublin Junior Hurling Championships and AHL 6 & AHL 9

Any other info: Interested in playing hurling in Dublin in 2020?

Civil Service Hurling Club have 2 teams and are always on the lookout for new players of all abilities who are interested in playing hurling. The club offers plenty of opportunities to play regular games with over 40 games played across league and championship last year.

In line with our club motto “A Country Club in the heart of the Capital”, players have joined us from all corners of the country from Cork to Donegal. If you have just moved to Dublin or haven’t played in years, there is a place for you.

Located in the War Memorial Gardens, Islandbridge, Dublin 8, our club grounds are ideally located just a stone’s throw away from Heuston Station.

Please send us a message or contact any of our social media accounts to get involved with training recommencing in January.

Facebook - Civil Service Hurling Club
    Instagram - @CServicehurling
    Twitter - @civilservicehurlingclub

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FaberX

Club Name: Clan Na Gael Fontenoy
    Code: Hurling
    Level played: Junior A
    Contact details: Philip 0868907756 or Dm me

Any other info:
    🏙️ We are the closest team to the city centre so it easy to make training after work
    🏋️ We have great facilities, a new gym, bar, ball wall, astro pitch
    😂 It's good crack, we have a mix of people from the country and Dubs.
    🍻 The bar does a 4 euro Guinness, hard to beat
    🙋 We have a good squad but are always on the lookout for new players
    🏠 If you are playing with a home club, feel free to train with us during the week

St James Gaels/An Caislean 2020

Club Name:St James Gaels/An Caislean
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played: Adult Football League 11 South
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or killianfoley@outlook.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are seeking new members to join our club. We are interested in players of all abilities, first time footballers and players looking to get back playing again. Many of our players are first time Gaelic football players of all ages.
    We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. Also 17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities.
    This is our second team, we compete in Adult Football League 11 South, which is currently the lowest adult football league. Our first team compete in Adult Football League 7 and are also recruiting new players. Training for AFL11 team will take place on Monday evenings in the Iveagh Grounds. Matches are played on Sunday afternoons or Thursday evenings during the summer. The season runs from February to September.
    We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand.
    We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year. So all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    https://www.facebook.com/StJamesGaels
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/home/club-shop
    Pre -Season will commence in January
    Contact - killianfoley@outlook.com

Pre-season training starting back tomorrow@7-30

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RanelaghGael

Club Name: Ranelagh Gaels
    Code: Football
    Level played: Junior 1
    Contact details: info[at]ranelaghgaels.ie or DM via Boards

Ranelagh Gaels Men's and Women's teams are looking for new football players in and around Ranelagh, Rathmines, Terenure and general South Dublin area.

Our men's team compete in Junior 1 Championship, having won Junior 2 in 2018 and Division 8 of the League while our women's team won the Junior D Championship in 2019 and are now playing Junior C.

Training for our men's team begins this week. We generally train Tuesdays and Thursdays - we train in Wesley College Dundrum (<10 mins walk from Luas) until April and in Bushy Park during the summer.

Our women's team will begin training in early February.

Players of all ages / levels are welcome from beginners through to those more experienced. Come along and try it out and see how you feel after a few weeks.

For more information contact info[at]ranelaghgaels.ie or send a message on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭C__MC

Does anyone know if there is a deadline for an inter club transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

Club Name: St. Joseph's/O'Connell Boys
    Code: Hurling & Football
    Contact details: secretary.stjosephsocb.dublin@gaa.ie or PM me here

St. Joseph's/O'Connell Boys are looking for new players for our Junior hurling and football teams. Players of all levels/experience are welcome

Our clubhouse and fully equipped gym is on Seville Place, just behind the IFSC, and we train and play our home matches in Fairview Park. Both teams have a great mix of locals and lads up working or studying in Dublin.

Our hurlers won three Junior championships in a row from 2016-18

Winter training under lights is at Commons St. astro in the IFSC.

For anyone working or living in Dublin 1 & 3 we are ideally located.

C__MC wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a deadline for an inter club transfer

Is it from one club to another in the same county? If so then at least in Dublin the answer is yes, you have a pretty short window to submit a transfer request.

If it's to another county you can do it any time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is it from one club to another in the same county? If so then at least in Dublin the answer is yes, you have a pretty short window to submit a transfer request.

If it's to another county you can do it any time

Are you sure in regards to another county

• Advertisement

C__MC wrote: »
    Are you sure in regards to another county

Yeah, unless they've changed it in the last couple of years, when I was a secretary we transferred people from other counties all year round.

EDIT just checked, I'm still right. GAA.ie keeps a live transfer list of recent transfers that go between provinces or internationally, while the provincial councils keep track of transfers within a province.

Advertisement