Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yoga in Galway

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with the big Yoga thread.
    Tons of suggestion here, I suggest you try a few classes before signing up proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

JayMcD wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know where they do Yoga Classes in Galway City?
    Does anyone recomend a certain place?

Thanks

Galway Yoga, by St. Nicholas church & another spot out in a forest in Athenry is run by two swamis with over 2/3 decades experience teaching Satyananda based yoga.

091 - 844449

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leelee74

Does anybody know why Yoga classes are so expensive, walk in classes can be up to €15 - how can they justify this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

leelee74 wrote: »
    Does anybody know why Yoga classes are so expensive, walk in classes can be up to €15 - how can they justify this price?

2 - 3 classes a day 5 - 10 people in a class .. 6 days a week ?

- Teacher wages
    - Building / Rent costs
    - Insurance Costs
    - Heating / Light and so on

It all adds up pretty quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leelee74

forbairt wrote: »

- Teacher wages
    - Building / Rent costs
    - Insurance Costs

I am a fitness instructor, I have to meet all these costs and only charge €6 per walk in, €30 for 6 weeks. I really think Yoga instructors are charging too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Tried looking at the http://www.galwayhotyoga.ie/ website but it seems to be down.

Can any recommend a beginners class near Briarhill/Roscam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

there are yoga classes in briarhill shopping centre, don't know if they have begginer classes but I'd say the chances are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Xiney wrote: »
    there are yoga classes in briarhill shopping centre, don't know if they have begginer classes but I'd say the chances are good.

Any more info on this? Is there a website?

Edit: Found it

http://www.galwayyoga.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sorry, I don't know anything more than that... they have posters up at the ulster bank end of the shopping centre - the entrance there. I assume they're upstairs someplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Xiney wrote: »
    sorry, I don't know anything more than that... they have posters up at the ulster bank end of the shopping centre - the entrance there. I assume they're upstairs someplace.

Yup, you go around to the side of the bank and there's an entrance there. It's on the first floor. I tried the "C" class. Nice guy teaching it, would probably do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

forbairt wrote: »

- Teacher wages
    - Building / Rent costs
    - Insurance Costs

on the other hand you often have 30-40 people per class
    and never less than 15 and there's 9-10 classes per week.
    I'd imagine heating costs are pretty high for the hot yoga
    but it's hard to justify that (one teacher)
    Zero competition in fairness

theres no justifying that but when there's very few people
    teaching hot yoga they can charge what they want.
    I'm amazed there's not more people teaching it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KZJ81

I've done a few different types of yoga classes in Galway ( as well as other countries) and €15 seems to be pretty standard for any 90 min class. You can do an hour long class for 10-12 Euro in some places. There's usually special offers available also.

Is this not on par with other types of classes (spinning, circuits, pilates, etc) - they usually work out at about €10 per hour???
    I am a fitness instructor, I have to meet all these costs and only charge €6 per walk in, €30 for 6 weeks. I really think Yoga instructors are charging too much.

Can you give some details, What is the name of your business (I take it that you're based in Galway City), is €6 just for facility / gym use or do you provide personal training - if so how long is each session and is the €30 for 6 weeks for one or more sessions per week?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dubbeat

Seomra yoga do a great absolute beginners class. Highly recommend them. You can go for just a lesson or do a 6 week series

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Little My

Has anyone tried the yoga at the Spirit Centre?

And when they say a donation.... do you think people just give the going rate - like €10 or so?

http://www.spiritcentre.ahasaetharu.net/content/about-us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Im going trying the absolute beginners class at An Seomra Yoga tonight il let ye know how I get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

I'm looking for a total beginners class that doesn't run on a Tuesday. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 james00x

Do you know any Yoga classes conducted on weekends? Weekdays are impossible for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with the big Yoga thread, have a read through and ring the places mentioned.

Do you know any Yoga classes conducted on weekends? Weekdays are impossible for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

You should try and be more flexible (sorry couldn't resist)

• Advertisement

any yoga classes available on weekend?

trust me, I am trying. from 10pm Friday night!! and trust me, that's quite a stretch!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

google seomra yoga

have a couple on the weekends, timetable on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Plus one for Seomra Yoga and also GCC, did both when pregnant.

how hot does it get?
    what style of yoga is this?

Hi

There is new hot yoga classes in Ocean fitness, Salthill, check out www.hotyogasalthill.com for more details <PM>.

not a lot of info there
    not even a mention of what style of yoga which amazes me.

how hot is hot?
    105f like the other hot yoga studio or just a warm room?

seems galway girl has gone awol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PennyLane88

I am looking to take up yoga again - can anyone recommend a place in Galway city?

I've been to hot yoga a few times, and while i liked it, i just found the room too hot for me, so i want to do just the normal yoga. I have googled it and the yoga shala, and seomra yoga have both come up, but i'm not sure what those places are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭lizgal

Does anyone know of any yoga in spiddal or furbo? or even carraroe?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pageparker

Hi guys, does anyone know of an early morning yoga class available in Galway? I'd love to join a class before I have to go to work but most seem to start at 10am. Thanks a mill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement