Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

explain why I have a zero water bill.

• 24-05-2019 4:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can someone explain why I have a zero water bill. I live in USA but have a property in Ireland with a zero balance. I need to show a utility bill to open a bank account and my stupid bank want an explanation why my balance is zero. I guess there must be an explanation somewhere and appreciate any help I can find??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Can someone explain why I have a zero water bill. I live in USA but have a property in Ireland with a zero balance. I need to show a utility bill to open a bank account and my stupid bank want an explanation why my balance is zero. I guess there must be an explanation somewhere and appreciate any help I can find??

Because there is no water charges in ireland ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robbiepartner

Because there is no water charges in ireland ...
    Thank you. Someone told me earlier today that there are no water charges. Can you point me to the legislation that supports this. I apologise if the answer is obvious and commonly known in Ireland but not here in USA. My bank wants the utility bill zero balance explained . Im trying to understand the cultural differences at play and if I can point to the legislation then hopefully it will satisfy for the banks query. 

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SandyMac1234

I'm sure Irish water could add some charge if you ring them. You could use local property tax as utility?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Xodar

Because you have settled your bill in full and the document you have is confirmation of the bill being fully paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Irish Water: Dylan

Hi there,

Bills are suspended for domestic properties, only non-domestic/commercial properties currently have water charges.

Thanks,
    Dylan

• Advertisement
Advertisement