Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monthly fees

Options
  • 26-03-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭

He folks
    Just wondering how much is it monthly to join MMA gyms in Dublin for full use of gym and classes ,
    Just trying to price it and see if what i'm paying is over or under the norm ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Oh sorry the reason i'm wondering is its quite expensive and I only make two classes a week and there no option to pay drop in fee's for one off classes and also pay for a separate gym membership for weights so it all add's up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

unusual you cannot pay as you go. Most gyms have this option or at least a day or class rate.

Where are you based maybe we can suggest gyms near by that have this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

im in the city centre,
    Im just wondering what is the normal price of mma gyms monthly
    Thanks for any help

Its a very open question and monthly membership can vary quite a bit depending on the location , and level of instruction and reputation of the gym.

There is no safe answer for this as even each gym can have different rates depending on your level and what classes you are allowed to attend. A "all inclusive" membership for a beginner can be different to that of an experienced person or an amateur or pro athlete.

You may pay X in a gym that has a stable of UFC fighters or you may pay Y in a smaller gym that is none competitive or only starting up. Or the rent in one location could be a lot higher than in another and gyms need to cover costs and make money.

The best way is decide on what you want and how much you are willing to pay and train where ever you are happy and can afford.

Some gyms can even work something out with you if the money if a major obstacle to training, like cleaning the gym etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Oh sorry the reason i'm wondering is its quite expensive and I only make two classes a week and there no option to pay drop in fee's for one off classes and also pay for a separate gym membership for weights so it all add's up

around 80 per month, I know some that have drop in fees from 10-15 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kettlebelljim

Depends on what you want?
    Prioritize your training.
    You want to get better at MMA, spend more time doing MMA. Cancel your membership to the gym and invest in the MMA.
    Make new friends, develop a skill and challenge yourself in ways you will never replicate in a weight room,and as an extra bonus you get to punch and choke people for fun:)

Some MMA gyms also have weights facilities so you can factor in the saving of cancelling your other gym membership. I can think of two in Dublin with a good weights area , there might be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

You might get more answers if you post in the MMA forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KyuzoMMA

Hi OP

Our gym isn't in the city centre but for comparison purposes:

We are based in Dublin 11 and have a dedicated 6000 square foot facility and what we believe is Irelands largest matted area and a full strength and conditioning area.

We offer a comprehensive class schedule
    and have a full time , professional Black belt coach.

We are pretty transparent with our fees. Current cost is €85 a month (€75 if your a student) for unlimited membership.

We also offer six month and one year membership options with significant savings.

We offer a drop in rate to members of other clubs who want to come train with us but for insurance reasons we don't do this with our own members. It may be the case that your club has similar restrictions for this reason?

Anyway feel free to check out our website if your in the market for a new gym.

Advertisement