Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Exchange student looking for some housing advice

Options
  • 26-03-2015 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there!
    I am a Canadian university student who has just been accepted as an exchange student to NUI Galway for September!

I am just in the process of sorting out my housing for next year and it looks like my options are Donegan Court or Dunaras. I was wondering what people have heard or experienced with either of them??

Thank you so so much for your help and I hope you have a great day:)

Alyse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

I haven't stayed in either of them but personally I'd go for Donegan based solely on its location. Its just a couple of minutes walk to the campus you'd have the city centre on your doorstep, whereas Dunaras is a bus journey away from both (albeit a short bus journey, but still).

Good luck with your studies and have a great time in Galway! All the best - P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

Dun Arus is a bit of a logistical nightmare. You'd be well over 30 minutes from walking to the college and at least 45 to the city. But wherever you end up odds are you'll love Galway. It's a beautiful city (especially when its warm) and it's full of students which by and large are really nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

ConConKing wrote: »
    But wherever you end up odds are you'll love Galway. It's a beautiful city (especially when its dry) and it's full of students which by and large are really nice people.

ftfy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ohanna

Hi! I'm doing full degree and I'm from Boston.... I'll be living at Donegan Court. It seems to make the most sense and is small which I prefer. Hope to see you in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Yup Donegan is very close to the university and you can walk along the canal straight to the campus. You are also about 5 mins away from a Tesco express shop, and 12 mins from a Supervalue. You can also rent a bicycle for the year which can be very handy for when you want to buy food from a larger shop, small shops = rip off.

You are also very close to town, for example the Roisin Dubh is about 4 mins away, and it has a lot of live music/comedy gigs etc, and Shopstreet is only 5 mins away. Also you have a fish Mongers very close which is great if you enjoy fresh fish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement