Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs that anyone can sing??

• 10-03-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Iv been playing guitar for over a year now. Iv got a "farmer accident" as people tell me.. :p ha.. Is it through that there are songs that anyone can sing out there?? if there is would you please suggest some as i am wanting to try sing yet havent really got the confidence to do it.. i dont really like when i hear my voice on recording.. so maybe i will have to stick to just playing guitar yet i would be delighted to just go to a pub, a house party or a college night out and sing and play guitar with the rest of the gang.. and be a good bit of entertainment.. just playing guitar and ding instrumentals seems boring now even doh a was delighted to be able play guitar so songs months back.. so if there are any songs out there which are easy to sing i would suit a "farmer accident" let me know.. or if anyone has any tips on starting out singing please post them to.. any help would be much appreciated.. thanks.. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Hi there - are you male or female? Very important to know that first!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Hort101

Sorry.. i missed that major bit :P I am Male.. 19 years old. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭noelma

I've been using http://justinguitar.com/ as a useful site to learn how to play/sing popular songs. Full range of guitar lesson for all levels, and quite a useful range of songs here: http://www.justinguitar.com/en/SB-001-JustinGuitarSongList.php
    You really need to have the guitar bit well practiced if you are going to sing as well as play. If you are fumbling with chords, it's going to be difficult to concentrate on the singing.
    Finally - learn the words really well and sing with conviction and commitment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

I'd recommend 'Michael Row The Boat Ashore', particularly if there's a Michael in the audience, stare straight into his eyes when singing the old spiritual, making him decidedly uneasy, whilst at the same time, taking the unwanted attention away from your goodself and your mishap with the combine harvester. Win, win!

Good luck to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Have you heard "Wonder Wall"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Hort101

Yes i have heard it and very easy to play. Its prob the first song everyone learns on guitar but would anyone have the voice for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rhaiz

would be best to just listen to different kinds of songs until you find an artist that u think you sound like, since you already know how to play a bit of guitar. i'm sure you'll find one. :p.
    That's probably a good start...

I used to "not like" my voice on recordings as well. but instead of being negative about how i sounded like, i keep replaying it and pause on the bad parts to find a way to make it sound the way i want it to sound like. Use it as a way to learn, you will get better at it. I find recording so helpful. and the more you sing, the better you become.
    exaggerate your yawning to stretch your mouth and tongue for flexibility. ;);)

hope this helps a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ofwoods

you can easily pick up books in music shops which will have loads of good and well known songs that you can learn to play using just 3/4 chords

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Boldfinger

Here is a good site to look at. It has lyrics and chords of lots of songs, and its free.http://www.chordie.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mart1977

Losing my religion has a limited range as does brewin up a storm

• Advertisement
Advertisement