Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread V

• 18-09-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

continued from here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Did Zzippy lock the last thread so the last post in it would be him gloating about the 34-6 win?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Suck it Munster thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

So let me be the first to say.... Connacht never beat Leinster, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

no Zzippy zone....

he'll never spot this new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Nacewa out, Nacewa legend, Nacewa gone,
    Jonny rubbish, Jonny legend, Jonny gone, Jonny back
    Zane out, Zane legend, Zane injured
    IPA, boozed up sweets, prawns
    Nice jersey, nasty jersey

etc

Reddan's try @ 4.30 is a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Outrageous from BOD. Never gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭connachta

molloyjh wrote: »
    Byrne was selected for the Leinster Academy when Delahunt wasn't. Thats a decent barometer.

OH Really? McSharry was fired by Leinster and still did Emerging Ireland
    Matt Healy is a great winger and came from Dublin
    D.Fanning played for Connacht 3 or 4 years ago and was released. Meanwhile he'll play for Leinster t'morrow

Provinces make mistakes with very young talents, hard to anticipate how they develop on a 5-10 years period. they make choices, especially when there are 2 or 3 contenders for a single contract. But these choices are sometimes 45-55, which could easily turn itself to the reverse, in the professional arena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

on the mcrgrath vs buckley thing. Buckley has been one of our best players since he first wrested the 1 jersey away from Wilkinson 2 season ago. He had a tough start to the last season due to discipline but since then he has got back to where he was and improved on that. He has destroyed a number of THs and i believe most of the times against Ross he has held his own or a slight edge. Plus he is an absolutely terror around rucks, second behind heenan for turnovers at one stage.

McGrath is a top player, no denying that and has more big game experience than Buckley. his place in the pecking order for Ireland is justified. But Buckley has been on the edge of becoming something special for quite a while and to say that McGrath is clear ahead of Buckley shows how little some people see him around here. Its very close between them imo having seen a lot of both the past year

Zzippy wrote: »
    Yes but Niyi won't be coming up against McFadden, on the wings it's Poolman v McFadden and Niyi v Fanning. Pretty even IMO.
    Also, it's Buckley v Ross in the scrum. Ross on paper but he might be in for a surprise...
    I'm going to say Mc Sharry & Henshaw > Madigan & Macken

Here we are, you illustrate my arguments better! thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

freyners wrote: »
    But Buckley has been on the edge of becoming something special for quite a while and to say that McGrath is clear ahead of Buckley shows how little some people see him around here.

But he is clear ahead of Buckley at the moment. Buckley might move up the pecking order in the future but this time last year McGrath was starting for Ireland and was Leinster's player of the year last season, rating him clearly ahead of Buckley at this juncture is nothing to do with not rating Buckley, who I think has a lot of raw talent

Tox56 wrote: »
    But he is clear ahead of Buckley at the moment. Buckley might move up the pecking order in the future but this time last year McGrath was starting for Ireland and was Leinster's player of the year last season, rating him clearly ahead of Buckley at this juncture is nothing to do with not rating Buckley, who I think has a lot of raw talent

Personally i think the margin has narrowed quite a bit judging on how Buckley has started, but I can see where your coming from alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

connachta wrote: »
    OH Really? McSharry was fired by Leinster and still did Emerging Ireland
    Matt Healy is a great winger and came from Dublin
    D.Fanning played for Connacht 3 or 4 years ago and was released. Meanwhile he'll play for Leinster t'morrow

Provinces make mistakes with very young talents, hard to anticipate how they develop on a 5-10 years period. they make choices, especially when there are 2 or 3 contenders for a single contract. But these choices are sometimes 45-55, which could easily turn itself to the reverse, in the professional arena

and a few years ago I assume you would have been one of the Fionn Carr for Ireland brigade too?

stephen_n wrote: »
    and a few years ago I assume you would have been one of the Fionn Carr for Ireland brigade too?

Ah here, we all know the only reason Carr didnt make the Ireland squad then is cause he was caught riding Kidney's wife. Its common knowledge at this stage:pac:

Fionn's a huge disappointment since he came back from Leinster:rolleyes::D

But now I feel obliged to precise I'm not anti-Leinster at all
    I was crazy in front of my TV when they beat Clermont in Bordeaux, and Northampton in final. 2 of the best matches I've ever seen!
    Peace and love, then:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

connachta wrote: »
    Fionn's a huge disappointment since he came back from Leinster:rolleyes::D

But now I feel obliged to precise I'm not anti-Leinster at all
    I was crazy in front of my TV when they beat Clermont in Bordeaux, and Northampton in final. 2 of the best matches I've ever seen!
    Peace and love, then:cool:

I didn't think you were being anti Leinster, just myopic :)

I didn't think you were being anti Leinster, just myopic :)

IRL I am, for rugby, Leinster fans are:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

There was ALLOT of people in that brigade in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

There was ALLOT of people in that brigade in fairness!

I was really excited about Carr's arrival in Leinster, but I think it just the disciplined game plans in Leinster didn't suit him. I thought it was a good idea for him to go back to Connacht, but he doesn't seem to have flourished. Pity.

I wondered who the mysterious benefactor was behind the Leinster training centre:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/is-there-no-end-to-denis-o-brien-s-intervention-in-irish-sport-1.1932645?page=2

Never heard of him!
    Shubotham-Cullen-Kenny-TD-12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

vienne86 wrote: »
    I was really excited about Carr's arrival in Leinster, but I think it just the disciplined game plans in Leinster didn't suit him. I thought it was a good idea for him to go back to Connacht, but he doesn't seem to have flourished. Pity.

I just don't think he's that good, imo. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I think he built up a load of tries for Connacht first time around because teams afforded Connacht space rather than Connacht creating it. As soon as he moved onto a team that defences took seriously he didn't have much impact. The same is happening for Connacht now because they're a much better team attacking wise now and teams are stronger in defence against them.

Seemed like a good lad, had a chat with him a few times when he was playing for us, so yeah a massive pity it didn't work out for him. Just didn't have the positioning radar switched on to play wing at high level imo.

Clearly had the speed and potential and he was been tipped by many;) for future Irish teams when he rejoined. It became pretty obvious that he wouldn't make the grade to senior international.
    If Joe couldn't "fix" him. No 1 can!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I wondered who the mysterious benefactor was behind the Leinster training centre:

Never heard of him!

Shubotham was one of the top men in Davys for years. He's also mates with Dawson.

.ak wrote: »
    I just don't think he's that good, imo. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I think he built up a load of tries for Connacht first time around because teams afforded Connacht space rather than Connacht creating it. As soon as he moved onto a team that defences took seriously he didn't have much impact. The same is happening for Connacht now because they're a much better team attacking wise now and teams are stronger in defence against them.

Seemed like a good lad, had a chat with him a few times when he was playing for us, so yeah a massive pity it didn't work out for him. Just didn't have the positioning radar switched on to play wing at high level imo.

I remember being in the RDS for one of his first games after coming back and he looked electric, there was a real buzz in the crowd any time he got the ball, but against better teams with more organised defences he was a lot less effective and I don't think he really fitted with what Joe wanted from his wingers.

Bx1CsqnCUAAo0cM.jpg:large

Just a special on tickets

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004D0DBF971C38?camefrom=CFC_IE_CLI_LEINSTER_RUGBY_TW&brand=ie_leinster

Buy your ticket for Leinster v Munster and get €10 off your ticket for Leinster v Harlequins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Kane Douglas at 15? Well thats certainly a curve ball from Mattie!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement