Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harsh Ban for first mistake

• 23-01-2021 10:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi there

I’ve been posting for a few weeks and posted my experience that of the homophobic abuse I’ve witnessed a family member receive online, the majority was from people from Africa (from their profiles Kenya and Nigeria in the main).

I was banned from the whole Current Affairs page for a week which seems harsh for a first offence - plus I offered to withdraw it if if was deemed against the rules but I wasn’t offering “racist guff” as the Moderator (Necro) said but noting what my brother had suffered just for posting on a soccer Facebook page whilst using a picture of his wedding as his profile.

My ban is up in two days but I think it unfair and it’s unfortunate the Moderator has chosen this path and then refuses to engage over almost a week.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi HK

I can't look at this for you. Please provide the pm exchange where you attempted to resolve the issue with the mod and also a link to the relevant post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi HK

I can't look at this for you. Please provide the pm exchange where you attempted to resolve the issue with the mod and also a link to the relevant post.

Hello

Many thanks, I have attached screenshots of the ban (1); the initial post (2) and 3 and 4 are my messages to the Moderator that were ignored so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I understand that you have come to a solution with the relevant mod. Could you please confirm?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I understand that you have come to a solution with the relevant mod. Could you please confirm?

Yes, Necro and I talked and all resolved. Thank you for your help.

Great and thanks for your engagement.

Admins please mark as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement